Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, chc3 said:

Interior of RiverWalk and new bikeway signage. My friend stated that the interior parking area and buildings looked like a detention camp!

IMG_4972.jpeg

IMG_4971.jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

Sign looks good, but yea.... the parking side of those buildings leaves alot to be desired. 

• Like 3

The Cove (six 5 story structures,  at least 375 units) at 869 West Trinity Lane has been in the works for 3 years by Wharton Capital Corp.  The property was approved and rezoned for up to 427 units, but seems to be stalled. A recent rendering now shows 4 structures on the 26 acre hillside site.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/status-unclear-for-west-trinity-lane-project/article_e4ca0f9e-fbe9-11ed-aae3-c7ee3bac5c77.html

The newest rendering:

Cove, May 29, 2023, render.png

Orignial diagram:

Cove, Trinity Lane, May 28, 2020, site diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Cove, Trinity Lane, May 28, 2020, site map.png

• Like 4

On 5/27/2023 at 7:47 AM, smeagolsfree said:

It fronts the interstate and not Charlotte.

Yeah, I don't understand that at all - a garage or tree barrier would have made so much more sense. What is going in front (on the Charlotte side) to explain the huge setback? If it were some shops, that'd be fine, but I'm guessing more likely parking or a pool ...?

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Cove (six 5 story structures,  at least 375 units) at 869 West Trinity Lane has been in the works for 3 years by Wharton Capital Corp.  The property was approved and rezoned for up to 427 units, but seems to be stalled. A recent rendering now shows 4 structures on the 26 acre hillside site.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/status-unclear-for-west-trinity-lane-project/article_e4ca0f9e-fbe9-11ed-aae3-c7ee3bac5c77.html

The newest rendering:

Cove, May 29, 2023, render.png

Orignial diagram:

Cove, Trinity Lane, May 28, 2020, site diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Cove, Trinity Lane, May 28, 2020, site map.png

This thing continues to fluctuate. It changed from the preliminary SP documents (dated 10/10/2019), to the Final SP documents (dated 06/24/2022 with a different engineer) to this iteration. Sooooo, I'll believe the documents that are associated with a building permit lol

9 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Yeah, I don't understand that at all - a garage or tree barrier would have made so much more sense. What is going in front (on the Charlotte side) to explain the huge setback? If it were some shops, that'd be fine, but I'm guessing more likely parking or a pool ...?

Dog Park and Event Lawn. Maybe having the open space in front was part of the SP, not really sure. I think this is also a low point on the site, so I am wondering if it is playing a role in the stormwater scheme, again not really sure.

image.thumb.png.d6db33fc10d5316a0008638a066735cb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Dog Park and Event Lawn. Maybe having the open space in front was part of the SP, not really sure. I think this is also a low point on the site, so I am wondering if it is playing a role in the stormwater scheme, again not really sure.

Thanks! That does make sense with the steep hill right next to Charlotte. A park will be nice.

Re: other earlier comments, I don't think the buildings are that ugly? The interstate side is bland but it looks fine from the Charlotte Ave side (relative to other five over ones in the area). Trees will eventually block the view from the interstate anyway.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2023 at 8:28 AM, markhollin said:

The prime .4 acre site at 910 51st Ave. in the Nations is available for $6.25 million. A non-historic 1 story metal structure housing Garland Body Shop is currently located there.  It would a a great spot for a mixed-use residential project. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-property-in-the-nations-listed-for-6-25m/article_059f4218-00c5-11ee-82c3-1336d88ca16e.html

1055485114_ScreenShot2023-06-02at8_27_48AM.png

would this be a record sale price in the Nations? 

I don't disagree with the critiques of the Manning, but keep in mind that it's primarily aimed at Belle Meade/Hillwood types. It's aimed at older folks leaving large traditional homes that aren't fans of glass boxes like Broadwest.  It's not aimed at hip 20/30/40 year-olds. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

There seems to be a lot of street work going on around Indiana and Georgia Aves in the Nations. Specifically, traffic calming circles in the centers of multiple intersections (esp on 52nd, which I assume is to address people using that street to skip the traffic on 51st), a half-attempt at a bike lane that disappears east of 51st, and some ADA sidewalk improvements near Cockrill elementary (Indiana and 49th). I like the ideas, though the intersection circles seem large enough that it might be kind of challenging for delivery vans or particularly emergency vehicles to get around them?

• Like 4

On 6/8/2023 at 9:58 AM, Nathan_in_DC said:

I am not a fan... The unceremoniously smashed-together Neoclassical and Italianate elements clash with the hard corners and mottled brick. It's like an interstate exit Hampton Inn that's trying way too hard to look fancy after it won the lottery.

Agreed. Looks like something on the Moscow Ring Road.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Baptist World Center Drive townhome project (3 stories, 36. units) Phase I has windows. installed and some brickwork complete.

Looking north from Baptist World Center, 1/4 block NW of Vashi St:

Baptist World Center Drive Townhomes, June 10, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Baptist World Center Drive, 1/3 block NW. of Vashi St:

Baptist World Center Drive Townhomes, June 10, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking east from Baptist World Center Drive, 1/2 block NW. of Vashi St:

Baptist World Center Drive Townhomes, June 10, 2023, 3.jpeg

• Like 2