Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Is this spot where there's currently some sort of construction going on now next to/behind Dillards and the movie theater? And when is the addition to the actual mall itself supposed to happen?

Has this been mentioned already? New apartments (4 stories, 90 units) and a Pottery Barn on Hillsboro Rd behind the Hill Center.

http://m.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/08/just-how-american-is-nashville-were-no-1-according.html

I think it was talked about a while ago...

I love the idea of more infill down there (damn the residents and all their whining--we. need. more. shopping!), but I'm having a hard time comparing the rendering to the space it's supposed to sit. Seems like the rendering is twice the size of the parking lot it is intended to replace!

Edited by Vrtigo

Hmm. Dorm housing for Anthropologie sales clerks.

And what exactly is that covering the parking levels - a hedge or, could it be, a vertical garden!? Whatever it is I hope it's live plant material and not a green painted screen. That's one thing you see very little of in Nashville are green walls / vertical gardens. Given our affinity for blank walls, we would benefit from having a few.

• Like 1

I see they picked a lovely shade of prison grey to set the mood.

I know right....You would think they would have went with the red color brick that the Hill center is made with.

I never understood why they didn't put apts/condos on top of the retail at the Hill Center in the original plans. That would have been a no brainer. You have a fully leased retail center with Whole Foods as the anchor, and they didn't put residential in the mix. Now they add this Belmont dorm.

It is my understanding that offices are above the retail, not residential..correct?

pic of the Hill Center

hill-center-green-hills.jpg?w=510

Hmm. Dorm housing for Anthropologie sales clerks.

And what exactly is that covering the parking levels - a hedge or, could it be, a vertical garden!? Whatever it is I hope it's live plant material and not a green painted screen. That's one thing you see very little of in Nashville are green walls / vertical gardens. Given our affinity for blank walls, we would benefit from having a few.

This definitely belongs on Belmont's campus.

Here is a full view of the render. I really don't understand why they wouldn't include retail on the ground floor...seems like a no-brainer.

GHHC_zps21d85e36.png

This definitely belongs on Belmont's campus.

They would never allow it, haha.

Edited by gannman

They didn't include ground floor retail because the land is in the flood buffer.  It's all parking.  The planning commission didn't seem to have a problem with that.  Neighborhood reps were at the meeting to contest the way the developers achieved sky plane and setbacks.  They understood why ground-floor retail wasn't included, although they wanted it, but contested that getting the height bonus with a flood buffer hardship/no retail allowed was misusing the design overlay. Or something like that.

I'm not really following the flood zone issue that prevented them from including retail.    Yes, it's across from Sugartree Creek, but Hillsboro Cr is currently lined with retail/office on both sides, including Whole Foods and West Elm.      Is that parking lot lower than everything else (Hill Center, Kroger, Joe's)?     I can't recall if it flooded in 2010.   

^ I believe the parking lot is on a slightly lower level than the Whole Foods and West Elm. I remember there being a few stairs between it and the park spaces immediately behind West Elm. Pretty sure it's on the same level as Joe's Place and the Crows Nest though. 

Edited by ariesjow

I was really wanting to attend, but couldn't. Did you happen to snap any photos?

I am definitely not a photographer.  But there is a photo gallery in the Scene's coverage.  That rather unfortunately focuses on bands and such (of course).  But The Nations neighborhood associationdid take an existing vintage 1950s sign on 51s Ave N and had it repainted with their logo to say, The Nations, established 1913 or something like that.  It's a pretty cool marker.  I hope that sign stays!

• Like 1

This was in the Tennessean and the Post picked it up as well. I just ran out of free reads for the Tennessean.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2014/9/11/west_nashville_site_targeted_for_townhome_development

Time go into private mode on your browser. If it's Chrome, CTRL + Shift + N will open a new incognito window and Tennessean can't track it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...