Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

doesn't matter, none of us can afford to shop in them

Yeah, I live about a quarter mile behind the high school, and I might go into the mall about once every year and a half (or maybe every 2-1/2 years), and that's just because I'm sent there on errand.  Or maybe to get off the MTA Nº7 Hillsboro bus in the upper parking plaza and cut through the mall and down the escalator to catch the Nº21 University or Nº 2 Belmont at the Abbott-Martin Kroger (don't ask me why I've had to do that).  Even the buses don't "align" with each other, as one would think they should.

-==-

Nashville West to add Outback Steakhouse, other restaurants

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/11/05/nashville-west-add-outback-steakhouse-restaurants/18562835/

This place is booming! Hopefully the same developers that are planning the massive site in Antioch can replicate Nashville West's success.

Does anyone know where the new townhomes are going near Nashville West? Will they be built at the corner of Charlotte and Hillwood Blvd where the Shell was recently demolished?

Based on comments at Tuesday's Council hearing (about an hour on this topic alone, LOL!), they are to be built across the street from the Target or something like that.  Supposedly, there are two residential parcels there right now, so probably not on a lot where a fuel center was located.

Here is the parcel map http://www.nashville.gov/mc/pdfs/zoning/2014_calendar_year/bl2014_905.pdf

Here is the site plan doc http://www.nashville.gov/mc/pdfs/zoning/2014_calendar_year/bl2014_905_site_plan.pdf with a little bit of renderings.

Nashville-based Third Coast Design Studio is working on the architecture/landscape architecture for this project.

When this project was originally heard at the MPC, Commissioner Jeff Haynes commented on the lack of pedestrian access throughout the project to get to Charlotte in order to access the shopping center across the street, and he also mentioned the vehicular traffic situation on Charlotte.  For those of you who are familiar with Commissioner Haynes, this commentary was a little bit surprising, because he is typically pro-density, albeit smart density (see North Gulch).  So apparently the development team worked some more on sidewalk connectivity throughout the project to address the concerns that Commissioner Haynes expressed and brought a revised plan back for MPC approval. 

There was considerable Hillwood neighborhood opposition to this project both at Planning and at Tuesday's Council public hearing citing not only the traffic on Charlotte, but also a fear of traffic backing up into the neighborhood streets.  Now that I am reviewing this map more closely, I am not sure how or why traffic would be directed to the neighborhood streets.  Someone more familiar with the area may be able to fill me in on that detail.

The Hillwood neighborhood commentary also focused on what they consider to be a violation of the West Nashville Community Plan's emphasis that this location should be a transition between higher density and the single-family, large-lot nature of the Hillwood/West Meade area. Several neighbors expressed the view that a town home development is not an appropriate transition to their single-family home neighborhood.  I believe that the development team intentionally put the Manor House homes in the front facing Charlotte and located the town homes in the rear precisely for this reason of producing an aesthetic transition that would keep most of the density out of public view.

At-Large CM Charlie Tygard was the Council sponsor on this project because the District Council Member, Emily Evans, has a conflict of interest in this particular case.  This item passed it's Council hearing and will move on to third reading.  I can't recall whether or not CM Tygard agreed to defer this one for additional meeting time prior to bringing it up for third reading.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1

There was also an 11-building, 322-unit project off of Old Hickory Boulevard between I-40 and Charlotte Pike that passed it's Council public hearing on Tuesday without incident.  Here is the site plan http://www.nashville.gov/mc/pdfs/zoning/2014_calendar_year/bl2014_900_site_plan.pdf.  CM Sheri Weiner is the representative for that area. 

Edited by bwithers1

Does anyone know where the new townhomes are going near Nashville West? Will they be built at the corner of Charlotte and Hillwood Blvd where the Shell was recently demolished?

I believe a Panda Express is going in there.  I wish someone would have the courage to build something more ML Rose-ish instead, but I guess the area's not there yet---so more fast food...  

I gave William the info on that. The plan seems to be changing in several ways since construction started. Hopefully William can get more information and a timeline on costruction. I am all for more residential here and the entire Charlotte corridor is changing faster than we had first thought it would.

In response to that change, a house on River Rouge recently sold for $360,000---and it needed work.  

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that the lot at 46th & Charlotte has been fenced off.  Does this mean that the planned residential development is about to start?  

Also, the Hill Center development just down Charlotte has grading and excavation work underway.

The new Sylvan Park roundabout (46th & Murphy Road) looks great.  Any news about what is planned for the original Sylvan Park restaurant?  I heard rumors of a BBQ restaurant and a Jenis Ice Cream -- it's a prime location in a vibrant neighborhood.

Edited by dxfret

I've noticed that the lot at 46th & Charlotte has been fenced off.  Does this mean that the planned residential development is about to start?  

Also, the Hill Center development just down Charlotte has grading and excavation work underway.

The new Sylvan Park roundabout (46th & Murphy Road) looks great.  Any news about what is planned for the original Sylvan Park restaurant?  I heard rumors of a BBQ restaurant and a Jenis Ice Cream -- it's a prime location in a vibrant neighborhood.

As for the lot at 46th & Charlotte, that project will start soon. NES has to get in and do utility work before Stonehenge starts. It is a go.

The grading work at the Hill site started about a month ago. That will be a busy site for sure.

As to the roundabout area, I do not know, but I would bet nashviet would know. I have not seen him on here in a while, but he keeps the pulse on that area.

Edleys and Jenis are still just rumors. Strong rumors albeit but they haven't officially announced anything. I think the developer is waiting for all construction on roundabout to be complete before they start pushing dirt. So now that they're just about done we may hear something soon. Roundabout is great. They did a really good job with everything. More sidewalks were added along Murphy so now there is a continuous sidewalk connection from west end to charlotte.

In other sylvan park news it was announced today that deb paquete and etch owners are opening a 100 seat dinner only restaurant at the former taste of Italy/tobacco shop at 46th/Utah. Exciting times for sure in stlvan park.

• Like 2