Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Anyone here know the status of the Ozari project at 3814 Charlotte (L&L Restaurant Equipment)?

screen-shot-2015-04-24-at-124933-pm.png

I think it may be a long shot as he is not a developer. He will have to have a development partner to pull it off, IMO. I do know he was offered 10 million for his property there and turned it down. From what I hear he does not need the money and really wants to see the building saved for reuse.

• Like 3

It was confirmed a few weeks back that Madison Mill, a manufacturer of palettes, hanging racks, etc located in Sylvan Park will be relocating to Ashland City in 2015. I was having beers with some friends the other night and apparently they're already in the early stages of drawing up plans to develop the site with possibly apt/mixed use. This is already a hot site with proximity to the hostess adaptive reuse and the oncoming Hill Center Sylvan Heights. Great news for the hood. That industrial eye sore stuck out like a sore thumb.

Another large new development along Charlotte at 42nd Ave. at site of former Madison Mill property:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/09/18/residential-project-eyed-sylvan-park-site-madison-mill/72425394/

Finally the follow-up from what nashveit declared well over a year ago.  It's about time ─ that's all I can say.  It's also a matter of time before reDev and adaptive reuse continues "Westward Ho" to join Fat Bottoms, along the eastern edge of the Nations on the other side of Charlotte.  That big swath of industrials along the convoluted segments of Delaware and Indiana Avenues likely will follow suit at a moderate pace during the next 4-5 years.

That's another reason to start evaluating feasibility with CSX on that team track that feeds through that district to the distant Cockrill Bend extents (where customers depend on rail service), whether as light rail for frequent local service, as commuter-rail as a potential NW corridor connector, or as a hybrid for both, before the RoW gets choked down accommodating only a single track with all this inevitable reDev.  That district has "ignited" and is about to flare up, just as did (has) Germantown.
-==-

• Like 1

I think the plans were released. I have one rendering of the garage. Relying on my memory, I will say that the new Dillard's will be built and then the old Dillard's will come down. I think there are 3 phases to the project and I think it includes a total of two parking garages.

....and the article also said that the new Dillard's will have it's own parking under ground below the new store.  That should be pretty cool.

More restaurants coming to The Nations. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/09/21/restaurant-eyed-former-church-building-nations/72568150/

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/09/17/celebrity-chef-plans-bajo-sexto-taco-lounge-sylvan-park/32569107/

Big things announced the past few days for The Nations, between the proposed mixed use development on 42nd and Charlotte and these two new restaurants. Very exciting times for us Nations residents. 

• Like 1

They should have left the concept alone instead of trying to change into a trendy place that just did not fit. A big mistake for them and it's showing in the closure of multiple stores.

The problem with the chain restaurant industry is that not changing isn't necessarily the answer, either. RT's problem is that there is a lot of competition for that type of restaurant (bar & grill that serves typical American food). I don't blame them for trying to find a niche. With the growth in foodie culture, a lot of these places are scrambling to make themselves appear less "pedestrian".

In any case, I'm sure the abandoned locations and relative vacuum they leave behind will either be filled by other restaurants, or if the real estate is valuable enough, then they'll just redevelop the land.

The problem with the chain restaurant industry is that not changing isn't necessarily the answer, either. RT's problem is that there is a lot of competition for that type of restaurant (bar & grill that serves typical American food). I don't blame them for trying to find a niche. With the growth in foodie culture, a lot of these places are scrambling to make themselves appear less "pedestrian".

In any case, I'm sure the abandoned locations and relative vacuum they leave behind will either be filled by other restaurants, or if the real estate is valuable enough, then they'll just redevelop the land.

Ruby Tuesday in G-H had some rather diverse, mounting, and fierce competition during the last 23 years alone, which was the last time I recall eating at that particular one (or at any other RT, w/r/t that matter), and I've lived within 2 miles of that one since I moved to Nashville back then.  While not a chain restaurant, we also lost the once popular August Moon, which seemed to have become ill-fated more due degraded service and quality, as well as an evolving patron base.  With such a spectrum of choices from Cheesecake Factory, Panera Bread, Carrabas, Pei Wei,...et.al, ─ not to mention those at 12 South, which didn't even exist that long ago as an activity center ─ I'm somewhat surprised that this one hadn't bitten the dust earlier.
-==-

Ruby Tuesday in G-H had some rather diverse, mounting, and fierce competition during the last 23 years alone, which was the last time I recall eating at that particular one (or at any other RT, w/r/t that matter), and I've lived within 2 miles of that one since I moved to Nashville back then.  While not a chain restaurant, we also lost the once popular August Moon, which seemed to have become ill-fated more due degraded service and quality, as well as an evolving patron base.  With such a spectrum of choices from Cheesecake Factory, Panera Bread, Carrabas, Pei Wei,...et.al, ─ not to mention those at 12 South, which didn't even exist that long ago as an activity center ─ I'm somewhat surprised that this one hadn't bitten the dust earlier.-==-

I used to love eating at August Moon.  But...there was always something a little sketchy about the place.  Could never put my finger on it.

Lets hope the residents of Sylvan Park don't get in their own way and botch this development like they did with the Truss restaurant and Scouts Barber shop on 46th and Utah... 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/09/high-profile-nashville-chef-walks-away-from-sylvan.html?ana=fbk 

• Like 1

I know what you mean. Back in the day when these folks were moving in, the didn't give a crap about what the older neighbors in the hood thought about them. Now they just need to get a grip and realize that the times they are a changing.   Its just like the people in 1212 complaining about loosing a view, but what they do not realize is they blocked some other poor soles view and the same goes for some of the residents in Encore. They blocked someones view from some of the units on KVB. Some are jumping up and down there because of Bridgestone.

Do your homework people, before you move into the city. A city is supposed to be dense and if you don't like it move to the burbs.

So many hypocrites out there.

Hell yea-hh-h...  You just struck a home run on that note, with all bases loaded!
-==-

I am very hesitant to support anything Stonehenge does. They build crap and the neighbors very likely have some legit beef with them. Sronehendge loves to build blank walls and ground level garages with metal grating which is horrible for neighborhoods.  There are other developers that take much more pride in their work.  With two Stonehenge projects within walking distance of my house, my initial inclination with them is to say "no" until they prove they can do something worth being built. 

• Like 1

Lets hope the residents of Sylvan Park don't get in their own way and botch this development like they did with the Truss restaurant and Scouts Barber shop on 46th and Utah... 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/09/high-profile-nashville-chef-walks-away-from-sylvan.html?ana=fbk 

As I understand it, it wasn't the SP residents that botched the Truss development, it was the developer who thought they could overbuild the site without anyone noticing. They're the ones who should be blamed.

Edited by Rockatansky
  • Like 2

As I understand it, it wasn't the SP residents that botched the Truss development, it was the developer who thought they could overbuild the site without anyone noticing. They're the ones who should be blamed.

That is correct. They overbuilt for what the law allowed, and it appeared to be intentional.

I know what you mean. Back in the day when these folks were moving in, the didn't give a crap about what the older neighbors in the hood thought about them. Now they just need to get a grip and realize that the times they are a changing.   Its just like the people in 1212 complaining about loosing a view, but what they do not realize is they blocked some other poor soles view and the same goes for some of the residents in Encore. They blocked someones view from some of the units on KVB. Some are jumping up and down there because of Bridgestone.

Do your homework people, before you move into the city. A city is supposed to be dense and if you don't like it move to the burbs.

So many hypocrites out there.

Couldn't agree more. The thing that bugs me the most is when people complain about other people parking in the street in front of their homes. They act as if they own the street when in reality they don't even own the sidewalk and the first 2-3 feet in to their yards. Growing up in Philadelphia all you had was street parking and you learned to deal with it if you wanted to live in the city. If you didn't want to deal with it, you moved to the suburbs. I think some, not all, people in Sylvan Park need to realize that they are living in an urban neighborhood, which in my opinion is an amazing thing. Living in an urban neighborhood offers the best of both worlds, single home living, a little yard, neighborhood feel, and you have the luxury of being close to all the things a city offers. Hence the high prices per square foot. 

• Like 2

Yes the developer made the building a few hundred square feet larger than what was agreed upon. I'm thinking in the grand scheme of things, is it really worth losing two very esteemed business in your neighborhood which would ultimately increase the home owner property value? The argument people were making is the developer's oversight of the original plan took away from parking spaces. If the restaurant is successful, it doesn't matter how much parking it has, there will be overflow and street parking. 

I really feel as if the SP residents (not all of them) cut off their nose to spite their faces here. 

Edited by Andrew_3289
  • Like 1