Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Thanks, I didn't realize the link was screwed up. Sometimes it's very difficult to copy and paste on my iPad. 

Smeags, you didn't mis-copy it.  Just as UTgrad09 said in some earlier dialogs, when you post a Web address from a hand-held, it sometimes loses its hyperlink ─ nothing you did or did not do.  The address is still good and would still work, if you copy and paste it directly into a browser URL box; it's just not an active hyperlink (for pointing and clicking). Titanhog, just restored that for the sake of our convenience (and to stick a milk-bottle pacifier in some of our mouths, before the whimpers commenced).
-==-

I was just scouting land up there two weeks ago.  Oh well---a day late and a dollar short.  

You have to think about five years out from now on what may be the next hot area. I know we mentioned Charlotte Park when we had lunch earlier in the year, but prices have gone crazy now.

Look at Woodbine or anywhere close around the Fairgrounds and see if anything is still affordable. I have not checked prices down there in a long time. WeHo is out of bounds now. The area between 8th and 12th and Wedgewood and the Gulch is getting a lot of attention too. There may be some deals in there, but that area needs to stabilize a bit more, but I know you are used to that because of when you moved into 12 S.

Look where land and homes are cheap and are convenient to DT

• 2 weeks later...

I go by there frequently and the work seems slow at best to almost nothing happening.  Not sure what is going on in that the Dillard's is coming out of the ground and started way after Southern Land's was finally re-started.  Mayb just be that the hole is so deep for parking at Southern Land and of course it is a much larger project.  At any rate, the Southern Land project is moving very slowly from what I can see.

Red Bicycle going into Kiken project at 51st and Illinois plus rendering of the project.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/10/30/red-bicycle-co-owner-plans-coffeedining-concept-nations/74896498/

I really like the building as a whole, the balconies facing the street will be very cool for residents. 

This is a cool project, excited to see how it will turn out. 

I'm grateful Mike Kenner is spending so much time/money/effort in to this neighborhood even though all the slack he is catching from some narrow minded residents. 

• Like 1

Fantastic news for GH (and humanity in general). Arnold's is opening a second location in the Retired Teachers Building: http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2015/11/12/arnolds-country-kitchen-open-green-hills/75670726/

Love me some Arnold's!  I am equidistant between both locations…so now have a nice option.  Best Meat 'n' Three in Nashville. : )

Historic Belle Meade Town Center hits the market.  Loved the old Belle Meade Theater that is part of this.  Saw many a film there in days gone by.  Would love if they could somehow re-introduce that…but the interior is probably too ravaged at this point to attempt such.  

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/11/12/historic-belle-meade-town-center-hits-market/75671428/

Fantastic news for GH (and humanity in general). Arnold's is opening a second location in the Retired Teachers Building: http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2015/11/12/arnolds-country-kitchen-open-green-hills/75670726/

Cool.    And old Arnold's expansion on 8th is moving along.   This will be great.  That line could get out of hand at times.  

• Like 1