Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Another office/retail development eyed for property across from former Madison Mill location on Charlotte Avenue

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/04/mixed-used-project-planned-sylvan-park/78254960/

Here's more on the proposed project from NBJ:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/new-mixed-use-project-makes-this-charlotte-avenue.html

Sylvan Park.JPG

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Another office/retail development eyed for property across from former Madison Mill location on Charlotte Avenue

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/04/mixed-used-project-planned-sylvan-park/78254960/

Here's more on the proposed project from NBJ:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/new-mixed-use-project-makes-this-charlotte-avenue.html

Sylvan Park.JPG

I wonder how tall (stories) a 30,000 sq/ft office building on that lot will be...? 

Former Bellevue Mall site is now a joint venture of Atlanta-based Branch Properties LLC and Crosland Southeast of Charlotte, N.C., which paid $15.75 million for the 87 acres that are expected to be transformed into the One Bellevue Place mixed-use community:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/01/05/atlanta-reit-joins-bellevue-center-redevelopment/78317876/

More info and interview with developer at NBJ:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/developer-of-bellevue-mall-site-were-off-to-the.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nashvylle said:

If the state still owns the penitentiary, couldn't it be used for housing for the homeless / struggling families?

I could be completely wrong, but I believe that the Tennessee state penitentiary along with several other states with century old ones were ordered permanently closed and uninhabitable by the US Supreme Court. 

There probably either needs to be some rich investor who has a plan for the "Castle" and can turn it into something that's a money-maker and good for the city (I have no idea what that would be)...or the city / state needs to invest money into turning it into some kind of museum or something.  

Either way...it's gonna take a lot of money.  I shot a music video there back in 2011 or 2012...and shot most of it in the old cafeteria (which has a really cool prisoner-painted mural on the wall)...and the cafeteria was still in decent shape.  However...we snuck over into the little building that housed "Old Sparky"...and that building isn't far from falling in.  We then went over into the "cell" area (which is the long, tall portion that runs directly behind the front "castle")...and I have to say, every person should see where these men lived.  Seriously...it gave me the creeps.  

Personally...if there was someone with a lot of money, fixing the place up as a movie studio compound would be great...but I'm afraid the state just doesn't believe in giving away much money to entice studios to shoot films here.  Converting this place to a working studio area would be great if it were Atlanta or New Orleans (because of the movie incentives in GA and LA).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titanhog said:

Great ideas for a film studios/lot, Titanhog.  Perhaps with the city's notoriety on the rise, as well as the "Nashville" TV series being shot here, there might be some fresh wind for that kind of thinking with the powers that be. The great thinking is that it is only about a 15 minute drive from downtown, but is also close to a lot of rural settings within 5 minutes.

However, the amount of men that were killed there, died there, raped there creates such a bad karma, that no-one wants to even visit because of all the prison brutality.

Although, I never thought they could convert the old General Hospital to apartments because of all the disease and death that happened there, but they did.

• Like 1

A 37-unit development of single-family homes and townhomes is on the drawing board for the first phase of a planned 14-acre project off Robertson Road in West Nashville/Charlotte Park area. 

Separately, MiKeN and HR Properties just paid $1.36 million for 4.5 acres at 670 James Ave. on which they plan 27 townhomes and 75 condos. Roughly 20 percent of those homes will target people earning 60 to 120 percent of the area’s median income.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/06/37-unit-residential-project-planned-west-nashville/78378382/

• Like 1

From the Nashville Post:  "Stonehenge Real Estate Group will request to rezone from specific plan–mixed use property known as Madison Mill Lofts, located at 4101 Charlotte Ave. to permit a mixed- use development with up to 10,000 square feet of retail and up to 400 residential units (read more here)."

More details and a couple of photos of current site in this article at The Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/12/planning-staff-shifts-stance-madison-mill-lofts/78637828/

Here are a couple of new renderings:

Madison Mills.png

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

From the Nashville Post:  "Stonehenge Real Estate Group will request to rezone from specific plan–mixed use property known as Madison Mill Lofts, located at 4101 Charlotte Ave. to permit a mixed- use development with up to 10,000 square feet of retail and up to 400 residential units (read more here)."

Here are a couple of new renderings:

Madison Mills.png

lets hope the "wonderful" residents of sylvan park don't get in their own way and keep this from happening  

From The Tennessean, an article on the plan for the Charlotte Avenue corridor as stuided/presented by ULI:  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/industries/health-care/2016/01/15/study-blueprints-healthier-welcoming-charlotte-avenue/78859518/

From the text:  The Urban Land Institute selected Charlotte as one of four streets in Boise, Idaho; Denver; Los Angeles and Nashville to be models for how to turn ugly congested corridors into healthy ones. 

I have said this several times, that Charlotte should be the first spoke of a LRT system. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2016 at 0:39 PM, smeagolsfree said:

They could have picked an uglier stretch of road and that would have been Dickerson Rd. from Briley into downtown. Charlotte Ave will take care of itself in due time.

Though Dickerson is way worse, it isn't exactly a straight shot in to downtown. You have to use Spring St. then Main street to get downtown.

I think the article was focusing on main corridors that are mainly residential on both sides and should be a pedestrian friendly road in to downtown. 

I agree though, with all the development going on Charlotte ave it should take care of itself.

As a resident of west Nashville, I am enjoying the attention this street is getting. After moving to the Nations almost 2 years ago, the re development of this street has been exciting. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2016 at 1:11 PM, Andrew_3289 said:

Though Dickerson is way worse, it isn't exactly a straight shot in to downtown. You have to use Spring St. then Main street to get downtown.

I think the article was focusing on main corridors that are mainly residential on both sides and should be a pedestrian friendly road in to downtown. 

I agree though, with all the development going on Charlotte ave it should take care of itself.

As a resident of west Nashville, I am enjoying the attention this street is getting. After moving to the Nations almost 2 years ago, the re development of this street has been exciting. 

I think many, if not most of us, might agree on Charlotte.  However, I still believe Dickerson to be a primary and developable arterial, because it remains a main drag into and away from town (as "Louisville Highway" US-31W, and it serves to a great extent a parallel to Gallatin Road.  It does remain more of a straight shot into downtown, not via Spring Street as shown on Google Maps, but as North First Street, the name to which it changes, just north of the I-24 underpass and north of Spring/Jefferson.  Google only shows a recommended bypass (by that official name) via Main Street, in order to define currently designated and re-aligned US highway routes 31W, -41, and -431, but North First Street takes you to the East Bank a block from the stadium at Woodland Street, where a right turn takes you straight across the river and smack into downtown.  To allay confusion that bypass really should be named Spring Street than Dickerson, or even Dick'rsn-Spring, since it basically serves to divert passage along Spring and North Fifth (which IMO is way out of the way to downtown proper).

I do understand the intent and merits of the article concerning burgeoning Charlotte, something that showers me with faith, nevertheless. -==-.

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

New apartments across from Nashville West.  There is no rendering, but I suspect these will be typical suburban-style "garden" cr@p.   Speaking of cr@p, it's by Stonehenge...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/26/stonehenge-plans-250-apartments-charlotte-pike/79321982/  Personally, I really have no idea how far out this is, but I see it is west of 46th Avenue. 

Also, I seem to remember another recent announcement of around 65 townhouses "across Charlotte Avenue" from Nashville West.  Am I right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Also, I seem to remember another recent announcement of around 65 townhouses "across Charlotte Avenue" from Nashville West.  Am I right?

Yes, that's here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/6809+Charlotte+Pike,+Nashville,+TN+37209/@36.1334144,-86.889852,251m

You can see the site work on the newest orthos from Google.

The development out there is getting a little bit ridiculous.

• Like 1