Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

The Alliance group, which is also doing all the Broadstone projects in Germantown, 8 South, and the Gulch, is looking at a minimum 360-unit complex on between 4.91 and 20 acres off of Old Hickory Blvd. next to the Reserve at Eagle Ridge in Bellevue:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2016/07/22/apartment-project-eyed-bellevue-west-meade-area/87453168/

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The construction on McAdams Sportsplex for David Lipscomb Academy is finishing up nicely. Near the SW corner of Lealand and Caldwell in Green Hills.

McAdams Sportsplex.JPG

McAdams passed away shortly after I graduated from the HS. He was one heck of a coach and an even better mentor to the students. So glad they tributed these facilities to him. Looks good!

• Like 2

^ ^ ^ Yeah, I took a photo of it last week, but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet.  I have heard that it is going to be a restaurant, but have no idea as to the scope (multiple stories?) nor the design.

Looking south from Glen Echo Drive, with Hillsboro Pike running along fencing to the right and Green Hills Mall in the background, and Hillsboro High School on the left with the Southern Land mixed-use project cranes in distance beyond:

SE_corner_of_Hillsboro_&_Glen_Echo.JPG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There is an article on the Tn and the Post about the restaurant going here. I can't remember the name.

Freebirds World Burrito, a chain based in California, will be constructing the new building, according to the link that Jamie Hall posted.

3 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

Looks like that whole corner could be changing soon to realign the intersection. This article says that the Krystal will close later this year and CVS could rebuilt on the Krystal lot.

http://www.gcanews.com/pesky-green-hills-intersection-may-soon-be-realigned/

Yes.  A year ago, I met Russ Pulley, who is now the councilman for that district, and he showed me that plan.  Could indeed get rid of one of the major bottlenecks along Hillsboro Rd. Looks like some of the key players like CVS Drugstore and Krystal are willing to play ball in getting this done.  At one point, I believe I posted a diagram, but can't seem to locate it now. 

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Freebirds World Burrito, a chain based in California, will be constructing the new building, according to the link that Jamie Hall posted.

Yes.  A year ago, I met Russ Pulley, who is now the councilman for that district, and he showed me that plan.  Could indeed get rid of one of the major bottlenecks along Hillsboro Rd. Looks like some of the key players like CVS Drugstore and Krystal are willing to play ball in getting this done.  At one point, I believe I posted a diagram, but can't seem to locate it now. 

Green Hills traffic congestion is a serious long term issue as our population grows. What else can be done proactively to ease this massive bottleneck?

We definitely need more investment in this area to figure out how to make Hillsboro a viable main road in the the years to come. Right now it'a a disaster that's only getting worse. Proactive please!!!

My suggestion for traffic in GH is the do a series of bridges similar to Memorial Parkway in Huntsville. If any of you guys know that road, I hope you get what I am saying.

The road above is for thru traffic with a series of ramps to service roads and main roads for the local traffic. IMO, that may be the only way to ever fix the screw up know as Green Hills.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

My suggestion for traffic in GH is the do a series of bridges similar to Memorial Parkway in Huntsville. If any of you guys know that road, I hope you get what I am saying.

The road above is for thru traffic with a series of ramps to service roads and main roads for the local traffic. IMO, that may be the only way to ever fix the screw up know as Green Hills.

I've been there a few times as I've gone down to Nasa as my wife's local firm here does work there, but I'm not sure I understand how that would work in Green Hills?  Although it sounds like a promising idea!

8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yes. And Austin Texas also has a similar type setup along I-35 through downtown... express! 

Of course, in Metro's lack of wisdom, a connection from Bandywood to Richard Jones should have been planned decades ago.  But no...Nashville loves its crooked, disjointed side streets. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Yes. And Austin Texas also has a similar type setup along I-35 through downtown... express! 

Of course, in Metro's lack of wisdom, a connection from Bandywood to Richard Jones should have been planned decades ago.  But no...Nashville loves its crooked, disjointed side streets. 

I know I'm not the only on who cuts through the county clerks office parking lot lol.

It is neighborhoods like that one that give cities their particular character. Chattanooga has our ridges with beautiful homes on them surrounding downtown. WIth Nashville's abundance of hills, it should also have neighborhoods like that.  I must say, that area should have sidewalks and better landscaping. But the question becomes how many trees to plant, as the vistas should be preserved. Not my field, but I'd love to have a great house with views like that. 

Noticed that suddenly the focus of houses on that side of the urban ring has shifted to the higher hill across Charlotte (I guess that's what is being called Sylvan Summit), seemingly at the expense of new houses rising south of Charlotte.  But the latter was where those houses were first built, right?   Is there a lot going on south of Charlotte?  Is so, then why?  And isn't the site where these pics were taken close to the proposal for a midrise condo by the same guy who's proposing the residential (mixed use) tower on Broadway near 21st Avenue? 

• Like 1

^ ^ ^ Yes, there have been some nice homes built for years along the ridge on 33rd Avenue overlooking I-440.

The large project that is also slated for Sylvan Summit (north of Charlotte) is called Sky Nashville and is being developed by Ardavan Afrakhteh. It appears that many of the homes and lots for that footprint are being purchased.

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 2.32.29 PM.png

Sky Nashville Sylvan Summit render 1, 2015.png

Sky Nashville Sylvan Summit render 2, 2015.png

Sky Nashville Sylvan Summit render 3, 2015.png

• Like 3