Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

^ ^ ^ Yes, there have been some nice homes built for years along the ridge on 33rd Avenue overlooking I-440.

The large project that is also slated for Sylvan Summit (north of Charlotte) is called Sky Nashville and is being developed by Ardavan Afrakhteh. It appears that many of the homes and lots for that footprint are being purchased.

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 2.32.29 PM.png

Sky Nashville Sylvan Summit render 1, 2015.png

Sky Nashville Sylvan Summit render 2, 2015.png

Sky Nashville Sylvan Summit render 3, 2015.png

Isn't that the same guy that purchased Noshville and promised a high rise condo? Has he ever actually developed anything? Seems like he buys a property, hires someone to do a concept, then tries to offload it with raised value.

4 hours ago, Andrew_3289 said:

Sky Nashville project is going through the dreaded neighborhood voting procedure right now. I've been seeing all these threads on the NextDoor site opposing the project because of "high density, infrastructure, blah blah blah" b.s. 

I hope the project gets green lighted and doesn't get killed by residents like the Madison Mill building project did... 

That's so depressing. The so called "nimby"s strike again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew_3289 said:

Sky Nashville project is going through the dreaded neighborhood voting procedure right now. I've been seeing all these threads on the NextDoor site opposing the project because of "high density, infrastructure, blah blah blah" b.s. 

I hope the project gets green lighted and doesn't get killed by residents like the Madison Mill building project did... 

This is the same neighborhood that pretty much killed the Madison Mill project right? 

^ ^ ^ It was the Sylvan Park Neighborhood Association that killed Madison Mills proposals (to the wouthwest and on the south side of Charlotte Ave.).  Then there is the Sylvan Heights Association directly to the south of Charlotte Ave.  Not sure if Sylvan Summit is part of either of those groups, or if they have their own entity.  Can't imagine there is much of a group of NIMBY's left on Sylvan Summit, since the vast majority of it has been taken over with this new construction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

This is the same neighborhood that pretty much killed the Madison Mill project right? 

Kathleen Murphy is the city council woman for the sylvan park neighborhood (district 24) and that's the group who shut down madison mill. 

Technically this project falls in district 21, who's council man is Ed Kindal. 

The reality of it though, with the NextDoor website, people can see all the threads and posts from surrounding neighborhoods. So because of the site, you will get all the meeting info and if you wanted to, you could be from sylvan park, the nations, Charlotte park, etc. and go to the neighborhood meetings and discuss your concerns. 

District References http://www.nashville.gov/Metro-Council/Council-Districts/District-21.aspx 

Edited by Andrew_3289
  • Like 1

There are not that any original residents left on that hill. The folks that are up there now are all new residents over the last couple of years. The original residents didn't raise a stink when their homes disappeared. 

I will say the big issue in that area is access,  as there are only a few ways to get in and out of that area. I think there is one traffic light at one of the streets, but I can't remember for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are not that any original residents left on that hill. The folks that are up there now are all new residents over the last couple of years. The original residents didn't raise a stink when their homes disappeared. 

I will say the big issue in that area is access,  as there are only a few ways to get in and out of that area. I think there is one traffic light at one of the streets, but I can't remember for sure.

Yea they do have a point to an extent concerning the access. They would need to add a light to Charlotte Ave there because coming out of that neighborhood and making a left is very difficult. There is no turn lane for a buffer and very poor viability because the exits out of the neighborhood are below a hill on Charlotte Ave so its tough to gauge if cars are coming from the right side. 

• Like 1

I have driven up there a number of times and remember when the first new homes started going in. As far as street grid, it is a major disaster. No sidewalks, no curbs, narrow streets, hilly and curvy streets as well. Making a left out of that area onto Charlotte Ave. is not one of my favorite things to do either. I will almost always design my drive to make a right out of the area.

7 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

11th Ave South and Pine St - The Gulch

Acklen Park and Fairmont Dr 

Northeast corner of Charlotte and 28th

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

Large mixed-use project planned for north side of Charlotte Park area:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20830804/mixeduse-project-eyed-for-west-nashville-site

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 8.22.37 PM.png

Im glad to see this area is getting some attention. This site is on my bike route and I always think to myself why is this land not being utilized in a better fashion. 

If all his plans get passed my metro i might have to look in to an investment property over there, a lot of untapped potential in that area. 

• Like 1

The West 46th complex (5 stories in front, 6 in back, with total of 171 units) at corner of Charlotte Avenue and 46th Ave. is nearly completed.

Looking west along Charlotte Avenue:

West_46th_Apts_1,_Aug.JPG

Looking SE from corner of 46th Avenue and Alabama Ave (which runs along the south side of I-40):

West 46th Apts 2, Aug.JPG

Looking NE from Richland Park at corner of Charlotte Ave. and 46th Ave:

West_46th_Apts_3,_Aug.JPG

Looking SW from along Charlotte Ave:

West 46th Apts 4, Aug.JPG

• Like 1