Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

From the Nashville Post this afternoon:

Nashville-based real estate investor Jeff Estepp has landed Metro Planning Commission approval related to the adaptive reuse of a former church building he owns in The Nations.

Estepp bought the property at 4909 Indiana Ave. in October 2015 for $528,000 and is considering a mixed-use project that would include office, retail and/or restaurant spaces.

Estepp, the owner of The Nations-based general contracting company Jeff Estepp LLC, and two business partners also is focused on an adaptive reuse project (also involving a former church building) on 51st Avenue in The Nations and that will be home to a Corner Pub.

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 3.05.27 PM.png

On 8/26/2016 at 6:49 PM, smeagolsfree said:

At least we are seeing you post on here Ricky. We are waiting on you to show up at a meet sometime soon.

My 'bot takes care of the posting for me, just as it did this one (more than lazy enough, eh?)  It draws from some digital library of "federated sources" hidden somewhere and posts based on context, LoL.

• Like 3

Starting to really "gel" into a transformation.  Just wait 'til entitled residents start B!tchin' about the daily or rather "Twice Daily" (as in convenience stores) about the CSX switcher movement that goes on the prowl along that lead to serve Cockrill Bend Industrial in late afternoon and returns before midnight.  The trains are short and run at yard limit speed, but nevertheless, at least one someone will start a petition to get the line to not operate after they hit the sack.  There probably will be a push to apply for ungrading the level crossing to an FRA quiet-zone, which would be understandably welcome by most.

I only could imagine what might happen, if that line ever were to become part of a commuter- or light-rail line, which indeed is highly unlikely since it's CSX and because it unlikely would be considered against other light-rail and commuter-rail alignment planning now being conceived in the rough.  But in a matter of short time ─ the noise will start to chatter, but not from steel wheels.

• Like 1

A 16-unit residential complex called 27N is planned for Clifton Avenue, several blocks north of Charlotte Avenue in an area that is being dubbed City Heights.  The developer, John H. Eldridge, says, "Over the next 12 to 48 months, my group has plans that would commit up to $70 million for active development in our target area.”

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20832631/developer-releases-image-for-clifton-project

27N 1 render.jpg

27N 2 map.jpg

27 N  3 map.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/22/2016 at 10:25 AM, PruneTracy said:

Given the pedestal construction I imagine the ground floor meets codes for retail use and the units fronting Charlotte can be converted as market conditions dictate. The Dallas on Elliston has a similar setup.

Just to clarify on this question, the reason that many of these developments do not include retail is that it is much harder to get financing with a retail component.  If it's all one property type it's easier to underwrite, easier to finance, easier to sell post-construction.  

Not saying I prefer this but pointing out the mindset of developers and banks.  

• Like 1

From today's Nashville Post:

Charlotte-based Crescent Communities and Pearl Street Partners of Brentwood have broken ground on Crescent Bellevue Place, according to a release. The 337-unit garden-style apartment complex will be located on the northeast parcel of One Bellevue Place, a Crosland Southeast development at the site formerly home to Bellevue Mall. In addition, to Crescent Bellevue Place, the project will include 350,000 square feet of retail and 300,000 square feet of office space.

“Crescent Bellevue Place reflects our continued commitment to building communities that better people’s lives and has a positive impact on the Bellevue area,” Khris Pascarella, Pearl Street Partners principal, said in the release.

39 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Another tenant announced for first floor retail at for mixed-use building at NW corner of 51st and Avenues.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/20834331/retail-shop-slated-for-the-nations

I also believe this rendering is new:

Nations_art.57e1b136181a4.jpg

Renderings are new, thanks for the post. very excited about this project. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

A four-story, 76-bed transitional housing facility is on the drawing board for a 0.60-acre site on Charlotte Avenue:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/10/06/76-bed-transitional-housing-project-planned-charlotte-avenue/91665598/

636113514740806571-dismas.jpg

where on Charlotte? (i cant read the article, used up my share of free reeds on the Tennessean) 

This is great.  I have volunteered at Dismas off and on, since about 1976 or so, when it still had resident counselors.  Also, having worked in State Probation and Parole (now just the Board of Parole) for nearly 10 years, I have appreciated those who have chosen to take the helm, when given the opportunity in transition.  In a manner of speaking, it has become a "Second Harvest", with a woven community of enforced policy for promoting a workplace regimen with a rather fair amount of monitored success against recidivism.  That's right there by the train tracks near the new Lentz Health Center.

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 3