Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

20 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

I live in Green Hills and I would much rather have Krystals there. I wish they would just leave things as they are. 

We know (at least I do) that you were just stirrin' the pot ─ tossing out some fresh fodder for reaction.  Well, I think it worked..-=:)=-

Only thing I can recall that I truly miss is Phillips & Quarles Hardware Store, which used to be about where Whole Foods is now.  I long got over missing Woolworth's, where Carraba's (and before that, Walgreen's) used to be, since that's ancient history.  I also would like the Green Hills Theater building to have been saved, along with its tower.

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

Oh, no question it is better than a dead mall.  I'm not sure how my criticism of surface parking was misconstrued as an approval of dead malls.  Either way, one good thing is that, as Prune Tracy pointed out, parking lots are very easy to develop over, so this development wouldn't be difficult to densify if it ever comes to that.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

From today's Nashville Post:

Specifically, Nashville-based MiKeN is targeting a three-parcel site located near the Cumberland River for a project to include retail space and up to 60 residential stacked-flat units, which could break ground next fall if approvals are secured. 

The project is to be located on 1.96 acres at 677 Vernon Avenue, and MiKeN is eyeing two neighboring properties for a collective 9.92-acre project. To the east and across Briley Parkway is located The Nations.

The case was deferred from both the Sept. 22 and Oct. 27 Planning Commission meetings. Thursday's meeting is scheduled for 4-7 p.m. at the Howard Office Building.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20830804/mixeduse-project-eyed-for-west-nashville-site

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 12.56.17 PM.png

• Like 1