Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

44 minutes ago, Titans101 said:

Does anyone know or have pictures of what the progress is at The Mall at Green Hills for the new Dillards? Wasn't they suppose to build a new Dillards and knock down the old one to rebuild for new additions to the Mall?

Here ya go. This is from about 60 days ago.  Could've sworn I posted this, but apparently forgot.  Looking east along Abbott MartinRd. near the intersection with Hillsboro Circle at the new Dillards and parking garage underneath:

Green Hills Mall Dillards, Oct.JPG

Oh wow. It's almost done. Here in Houston. Neiman Marcus is literally right across the street from Dillards. It would be really nice if Neiman's, or Bloomingdale's opened in Nashville at that location. I guess sometimes in the near future. There should be some news on what will open once the next phase is complete.

On 12/2/2016 at 4:52 PM, MLBrumby said:

That really is a missed opportunity.  They should have put big windows that they could decorate through the different seasons. It'd be great advertising... but it is Dillards, after all! 

Boring.  It's just a stucco box. Not even any of their infamous "arches".

On 12/2/2016 at 3:30 PM, GreenHillsBoy said:

I drive by this everyday and it is HORRIBLE...big ugly box on a ugly parking garage.  They could not have made it any more plain with no significant detail of any kind.  I love living in Green Hills even with the traffic, but the whole mall area is as ugly as something you would see in a much smaller low income area.  I just can't understand the thinking that you do not have to have any aesthetics within the area instead we have multiple power lines, huge billboards, chain link fences on Hillsboro, way too many traffic lights, boxy plain department stores and even ugly parking garages.  It is clear that we have had little to no presence on the Metro council that has any ability to influence and the mall simply makes way too much money to care.  I understand the mall has a large number of stores that are in the top producing stores in the various companies that operate there. 

Yeah.They always like to be the "largest" store in any mall or center that they're in.  

• Like 2

Developer Will Hostetler has plans for a three-story building with 16 condo units on each floor at 1601 57th Ave. North in the Nations (currently home to a boat repair shop).  Plans include 78 parking spaces for the estimated 21 one-bedroom units and 21 two bedroom units.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2016/12/08/48-unit-condo-complex-planned-nations/95167552/

• Like 2

From today's Nashville Post:

Work is underway at the West Nashville building to be home to restaurant EiO & The Hive. A permit, valued at $575,000, will allow for the rehabbing of the building, which has an address of 5304 Charlotte Ave. in Sylvan Park.

EiO & The Hive will focus on organic food offerings. Dowdle Construction Group is the general contractor.

Charlotte.jpg

• Like 1

"Popular 12South restaurant finds second Nashville home"

Taqueria del Sol will be opening a second location at 4500 Charlotte Ave., beside M.L. Rose. The restaurant will occupy half of the 6,500-square-foot building that is currently being constructed on the property. Austin Ray, the owner of M.L. Rose, is a partner on the project.

Article: http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/12/13/popular-12south-restaurant-finds-second-nashville.html

4500charlotte.JPG

4500charlotte2.JPG

Edited by Canuck87
  • Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 3:19 PM, markhollin said:

Some pictures of construction today. No phasing on this project, full build out going on.

From west to east.

The Sprouts Farmers Market going in the big building.

Bellevue%203_zpsuujwwddk.jpg

Apartments going up in the distance. New Carmike Theaters going up on the left. (Yay!)

Bellevue%202_zpsrmblqzxk.jpg

Pet Smart, Michaels, etc.

Bellevue%201_zpsnvx5z9jh.jpg

Some of the retail signed up...One Bellevue Place.

One%20Bellevue%20aerial_zpsgzsfekag.jpg

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 2

On 12/16/2016 at 10:42 AM, Nash_12South said:

I lived in Bellevue for over 10 years. Yes, it could be better, but this is light years better than the dead, abandoned mall that it is replacing.

Agreed, and while the vast sea of surface parking does make me have to choke back a bit of vomit, it will definitely be easier to densify and urbanize the development now, should there ever come a time when urbanization in Bellevue is actually a thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Rivertop Apartments (5 stories, 224 units) will be built as Phase I of a larger project on 56 acres between River Road and the Cumberland River in West Nashville:

Would have loved to have sat in on the zoning hearing on this one. "Hey, here's 50 acres perched on top of an old-growth-forested hill in the viewshed of a park with access only from a winding country road that lets out to an already over-capacity intersection. Hell yeah baby, let's knock it up to RM4!" Oh well, at least the Charlotte bus stops at Walmart next door.

• Like 1

This was brought up last February about the LIV developer's aspirations off River Road.  I just can't see how there hadn't been much more push-back to counter this much larger proposal.

Feb. 23, 2016
http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20490342/cumberland-river-site-eyed-for-30m-apartment-project

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rookzie said:

This was brought up last February about the LIV developer's aspirations off River Road.  I just can't see how there hadn't been much more push-back to counter this more larger proposal.

Feb. 23, 2016
http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20490342/cumberland-river-site-eyed-for-30m-apartment-project

Is the depiction in Mark's post above an actual rendering of this project?    It looks like any of the other suburban crap stucco apartments being thrown up all over town.   The rendering does not square at all with the developer's description:

“The setting and design will be different from anything Nashville has seen,” Robb Crumpton, LIV Development president, said in the release. “We will be developing the site in a responsible manner by keeping as much of the woods as possible to maintain a natural feel and give residents a unique tree house resort setting along the river.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CenterHill said:

“The setting and design will be different from anything Nashville has seen,” Robb Crumpton, LIV Development president, said in the release. “We will be developing the site in a responsible manner by keeping as much of the woods as possible to maintain a natural feel and give residents a unique tree house resort setting along the river.”

Puh-Leazz!!  Too much smoking by the mirror.
   [Rolls his eyes like a cheap-a$$ doll]

• Like 2