Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

I can't imagine they're going to force all of these homes to be retrofitted.  If the city signs off on something then I think it has to be allowed to remain unless the city can show that builders or owners intentionally deceived the inspector or codes office in hopes that they wouldn't notice a codes violation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigeasy said:

This seems like a big problem. Thoughts?

I can only imagine the lawsuits (or class action) against homebuilders and Metro Nashville if the city insists homeowners remediate building setback issues. What're the owners supposed to do?...hack off 5 - 10' of house? Tear down, redesign and rebuild the entire home? Wow, what a mess.

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 2

What I don't understand is how people are paying 400-800k for these skinny houses all over town. They have no yard, the houses look like they're made out of plastic, many aren't well constructed, and the owner has to walk up and down stairs all day. Are all these buyers just getting fleeced? How are they all going to look in 20 years, will they age well?

7 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

What I don't understand is how people are paying 400-800k for these skinny houses all over town. They have no yard, the houses look like they're made out of plastic, many aren't well constructed, and the owner has to walk up and down stairs all day. Are all these buyers just getting fleeced? How are they all going to look in 20 years, will they age well?

Makes me happy to still have the Donelson area townhouse I bought in 1986 for 62k. I have the daily trips up & down the stairs, but I DON’T have that god-awful mortgage payment!

The addition at TriStar's Centennial Medical Center continues. The main hospital building, which rises eight stories and anchors the northwest corner of 23rd Avenue North and Patterson Street, is now boasting a skeleton of four extra stories. Spanning 145,000 square feet, the vertical addition yielded a structure that is visible for miles.  When completed in the third quarter of 2018, the project will add of 29 patient rooms, 10 operating rooms, 17 post-anesthesia care unit bays, 20 early-morning admission rooms and a 10-bank elevator upgrade.

Full story behind the paywall at Nashville Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/nashville-post-magazine/article/20985066/orthopedic-construction

Some updated renderings:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.40.05 AM.png

• Like 3

Todd Fishbein, RSD co-owner with Brian Hoffman, announces 44th Avenue Townhomes. The project would yield 38 townhomes in eight buildings at 1003-1013 44th AVe. North on 1.86 acres in The Nations. Nine of the residences would be designated as workforce housing units. The multi-building townhome project  will go before the Metro Planning Commission in January to seek a rezoning to accommodate the effort.

Story behind the paywall at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20985428/townhomes-eyed-for-the-nations

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 2.01.13 PM.png

• Like 2

The owners of the West Nashville property home to Charlotte Heights Church of Christ — recently eyed for an apartment building — are looking to have the site’s zoning changed in an effort to maximize its redevelopment potential.

The 5 acre property property is located at 5805 Charlotte Pike, with its main masonry church building one of the oldest structures located on the street's segment spanning west of White Bridge Road. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986080/owners-of-west-side-church-property-seek-rezoning

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.27.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.28.25 AM.png

• Like 1

E3 Construction Services LLC announced it is planning 11 homes in McKissack Park, the North Nashville district alternately called City Heights and that continues to gain infill projects. These will be made up of workforce housing of single-family, three-bedroom homes, ranging between 1,200 and 1,400 square feet. Each unit will offer private parking and hardwood floors and be priced starting in the high $200,000s.

A groundbreaking is eyed for early 2018, with a late summer completion targeted.

Full story behind Nashville Post paywall:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986177/early-2018-start-eyed-for-homes-on-north-side

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 1.33.06 PM.png

• Like 1

Evergreen Real Estate is targeting a spring 2018 groundbreaking on a 3 story, 103-unit condominium building for Silo Bend in The Nations. This will be the first of four phases the company will undertake at Silo Bend.

They are also preparing to undertake a 50-home cottage community at Silo Bend. That project also is slated to break ground in early 2018.  They are additionally planning two other developments for Silo Bend: one to be another cottage home project, likely to offer 40 homes. The final of the four phases could be a mix of cottages and condos overlooking the river.

Full story behind the paywall at Nashville Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986189/condo-building-eyed-for-the-nations

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.05.58 PM.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

The owners of the West Nashville property home to Charlotte Heights Church of Christ — recently eyed for an apartment building — are looking to have the site’s zoning changed in an effort to maximize its redevelopment potential.

The 5 acre property property is located at 5805 Charlotte Pike, with its main masonry church building one of the oldest structures located on the street's segment spanning west of White Bridge Road. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986080/owners-of-west-side-church-property-seek-rezoning

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.27.14 AM.png

I hope when it's redeveloped they keep that building on the right, it's really cool.  I love the limestone base and the neoclassical entry with the 3 rather ominous doors.

• Like 2

The problem here is they are trying to do it without the Council Persons blessing. Guess what, nothing is going to happen. It would be rare if Planning approves something the CP has not been filled in on. If it goes to the Council, I can guarentee nothing will happen.

The owners of the church are pretty much ill informed as to how the system works. I could have been a lot more harsh but decided to be kind.