Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Nashville's first Staybridge Suites hotel at the site of the former Fire Hall at 350 21st Avenue, near Charlotte Ave. is moving foward...

Permit for construction trailer has been issued. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20987486/notes-image-released-for-midtown-staybridge-hotel

Judging from the size of the street, I'm guessing the view is from Charlotte Avenue looking to the SW. 

Staybridge render.png

The hotel will offer 163 rooms, with four floors of hotel space sitting atop a one-story parking garage, according to Jeff McKay, DLG vice president of development. Design Options and Michael J. Burns Architects, both of Fargo, are teaming on the design efforts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

The small retail center on NW corner of Charlotte Ave. and 45th Ave. North is complete:

Another perfect example of "should've turned it on it's side and made it vertical" 

Seriously.... it's ONE STORY on a main corridor!!!!! Come on people.....

Edited by NashvilleObserver

24 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Another perfect example of "should've turned it on it's side and made it vertical" 

Seriously.... it's ONE STORY on a main corridor!!!!! Come on people.....

This building would have fit in perfectly in that spot had the historic church next door had not been mowed down for those gaudy apartments.  It's on scale with the ML Rose building and the historic buildings diagonally across the street.

1 hour ago, TMcKay9 said:

This building would have fit in perfectly in that spot had the historic church next door had not been mowed down for those gaudy apartments.  It's on scale with the ML Rose building and the historic buildings diagonally across the street.

Those 46th West apartments are hideous. And they’re sooooo visible from 40 from both directions. Used to have to pass that thing every day when I lived in Bellevue and it always irritated me. At the very least they could have activated the street a little with a retail spot or two. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Those 46th West apartments are hideous. And they’re sooooo visible from 40 from both directions. Used to have to pass that thing every day when I lived in Bellevue and it always irritated me. At the very least they could have activated the street a little with a retail spot or two. 

Considering what was there just three years ago, a vacant overgrown lot, with dozens of concrete road dividers scattered around and a run down building with broken windows, no roof, and graffiti'd  exterior walls... I'm not going to complain. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew_3289 said:

Considering what was there just three years ago, a vacant overgrown lot, with dozens of concrete road dividers scattered around and a run down building with broken windows, no roof, and graffiti'd  exterior walls... I'm not going to complain. 

This is what was there five years before that:

img_2531.jpg

• Like 3