Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

A property located in The Nations and previously eyed for a shipping container residential project is slated to be reinvented to accommodate a neighborhood restaurant. 5916 Morrow Road has 2,075 square feet of interior space and 1,155 square feet of patio space.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20988448/nations-building-could-be-reinvented-with-restaurant

Miken_art.5a57f0e95507b.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.52.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.52.54 AM.png

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, markhollin said:

No.  Just the parking lot side to the north, and perhaps an entrance from the parking garage (?).

Ugh.  I *HATE* that even amidst this giant expansion/renovation, the mall is making zero efforts to open itself outward to the surrounding neighborhood.  Such a wasted opportunity.  In twenty years when much of the commercial core of the neighborhood has urbanized and (hopefully) become walkable, the mall is going to come off as such a dinosaur.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opendrawerwhore said:

I think that the new Dillard's has been the biggest disappointment.  The design is very plan.  It's just a stucco box on top of a parking deck.  No arches or windows or unique design elements.

Couldn't agree more.  there was no reason to allow them to not include windows.  Even Macy's has windows on the Hillsboro Road side.  The store is simply big with no personality and feels like you are inside a big box, which you are.  

A significant 3.2 acre piece of property has gone up  for sale in The Nations.  The property is zoned "commercial service," which allows strong flexibility for redevelopment. Currently, P&S Transportation operates from the site. The marketing materials note the property could be ready for redevelopment in early 2019.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20988719/visible-property-in-the-nations-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.52.47 AM.png

• Like 4

A 28-residence project in Charlotte Park to be known as Sterling Point with 7 townhomes and 21 detached homes is scheduled for 6006 Sterling St on a 2.35 acre lot. No renderings have been released yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20989084/notes-madison-site-eyed-for-cottage-home-project

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.54.25 PM.png

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 11:10 AM, GreenHillsBoy said:

Couldn't agree more.  there was no reason to allow them to not include windows.  Even Macy's has windows on the Hillsboro Road side.  The store is simply big with no personality and feels like you are inside a big box, which you are.  

You would think with all the NIMBYs over in Green Hills they would have lobbied for something more aesthetically pleasing. The most frustrating part is that for not a huge investment they could have done something really cool to the exterior shell (and I guess they still could some day). I mean it is pretty much a blank canvas. And those stupid stripes of brick at the bottom - it looks like a sample/demo mock up. I know design nowadays is dictated by budget but I want to shake the architects who come up with this garbage.  Thanks for indulging my rant. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MetropolitanNashville said:

You would think with all the NIMBYs over in Green Hills they would have lobbied for something more aesthetically pleasing. The most frustrating part is that for not a huge investment they could have done something really cool to the exterior shell (and I guess they still could some day). I mean it is pretty much a blank canvas. And those stupid stripes of brick at the bottom - it looks like a sample/demo mock up. I know design nowadays is dictated by budget but I want to shake the architects who come up with this garbage.  Thanks for indulging my rant. 

It's not the architects' fault that this building looks as it does. It is the fault of Dillard's company (family) that is notoriously cheap. It is also the fault of the mall management company and ownership that didn't negotiate (demand) a better design. I look at this way - It could have been all dryvit. I also imagine that Dillard's realized that if they created a showplace at this location that there would be questions as to why do the Cool Springs and Rivergate stores look like crap. They would rather spend their tightly held dollars inside rather than outside. And I'll grant that the inside isn't all that great either.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

The new Dillard’s in Green Hills is just a big, windowless box built on top of a parking garage. It is certainly ugly  from the exterior and the interior is no better.  It’s still the same Dillard’s quality,  with way too much mediocre merchandise filling the aisles in a new building. They appear to be fewer customers since not being connected to the main mall makes access difficult. One of the many reasons why work is happening fast on the extension to the mall. 

• Like 1

Just now, CenterHill said:

Better hurry if you want that replacement battery.

You know....I was just thinking....how convenient....just when they announced the $29 battery replacement. At least there is a store in Cool Springs....so I'll be going there before the end of the year (when this deal expires).

Metro Government is in the early stages of attempting to sell a West Nashville property that is home to what some call the city’s “salt barn” and is located near various recently finished developments.

Located at 3800 Charlotte Ave., the property contains four buildings. The Metro Public Works Department stores salt (for snow removal) in the metal structure positioned closest to I-40. 

Metro acquired the 4.4-acre property in December 1952. Nearby are H.G. Hill Realty Co.'s Hill Center Sylvan Heights and West 46th Apartments. Similarly, mixed-used building Sylvan Station nears completion in the 4100 block of Charlotte Avenue.  

Most likely a prospective developer would be interested in a residential complex as it is on the west side of a large hill and has nice panoramic views of north, west, and south.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20990231/metro-looks-to-sell-salt-storage-property

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 8.34.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 8.35.52 AM.png

• Like 4