Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

20 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

Its a shame so much of the parking is front-loaded. I'd rather the buildings address the street directly and the parking be located in back.

The majority of the project is reuse and the parking was already in the front. Even with the parking in the front, there is a woeful lack of parking in the area. The Nations are still a disaster as far as sidewalks go. Yea, the put in a few sidewalks on 51st, but there are areas that Metro just stopped and you still have to walk in the grass. The bicycle baffles Metro put up are mostly down because cars have hit them and Metro does not replace these things the way they need to. Another Disaster on the part of Metro.

The streets are not safe to cross at 51st and Centennial because Metro did not invest in the signals they need to. There was no rhyme or reason how Metro made builders do sidewalks there for a while and now the monster that is development has eaten most of the area and now many streets are with out curbs or sidewalk. I can go on and on about the Nations and until there is a change in Metro policy in all of these up and coming neighborhoods nothing will change. 

I digress. This whole area gets me upset. Some of these developers try and compare the Nations to 5 Points or Hillsboro Village. Honestly, I am not sure what planet they are from.

• Like 4

A mixed-use building that will anchor the west segment of Centennial Boulevard in The Nations is underway via a $398,000 permit. A 2 story, 9,200 sq. ft. building will have retail on the first floor, and office space on second.  It will be home to Continental Health Alliance, Medicare Health Benefits, Senior Market Advisors, and InsureTN.co. No rendering available yet.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21001608/goodall-homes-preps-start-on-berry-hill-building

6119 Centennial Blvd office map, April 19, 2018.png

Another restaurant concept by Strategic Hospitality is brewing for the gas station/garage site they purchased at 4901 Centennial Blvd. in The Nations.  The triangle-shaped lot sits about a block down from the intersection of Centennial Boulevard and 51st Avenue North, the main drags of the rapidly growing West Nashville neighborhood.

This is directly across the street to the south of the large new Stocking 51 expansion announced earlier this week. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/04/20/exclusive-goldberg-brothers-ex-catbird-seat-chef.html

4901 Centennial Blvd, 2 .png

• Like 3

Some more details about the Connect at City Heights development from NBJ.

- 20,000 sq. ft. of office space, another 15,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space, and between 100-120 residential units.

- 10 to 20% of the units will be workforce housing.

- Price tag between $30-$40 million

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/04/23/sneak-peek-developer-teases-look-name-of-keystone.html

• Like 4

Division Street Development has purchased the HomeLift building at 3901-3905 Charlotte Avenue for $1.7 million.  With a .32 acre site, that works out to  $262 per square foot.  The current tenant, HomeLift, is scheduled to stay in the building for now.  It is directly across the street from The Factory of Nashville (a refurbishing of old warehouse/factory space), and one block east of the new H.G. Hill Center in Sylvan Heights. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/04/26/site-on-booming-charlotte-avenue-corridor-sold.html

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21002539/charlotte-avenue-site-sells-for-17m

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.15.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.18.58 PM.png

• Like 1

Silo Bend, Phase I (4 buildings, 3 stories each, 500 units) update.  Topped out.

Looking NW from intersection of Centennial Blvd. and 54th Ave. North:

Silo Bend, April 29, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from 54th Ave. North at RR crossing:

Silo Bend, April 29, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking SW from 54th Ave. North 1/2 block NE of Centennial Blvd:

Silo Bend, April 29, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking NE from Centennial Blvd. near intersection with 56th Ave. North:

Silo Bend, April 29, 2018, 4.jpg

• Like 4

Mini rant - I was visiting the Mall at Green Hills this weekend and was struck by it's current, less that stellar, shape. As background, I grew up in Nashville and was a regular at the mall (then a strip center) from being in a stroller. The interior is in the beginning stages of a make over and that combined with the empty storefronts and the lack of general upkeep was striking. The exterior temporary connection to the Dillard's and it's adjacent parking lot has been relocated to even further up the malls side. One of the only 2 banks of restrooms is closed for renovations as are the elevator and stairs that could lead you (quickly) to the ones directly below. The dated brass topped handrails are being replaced with a more simple glass with wood cap (emphasis on simple). The existing brass handrails were a maintenance pain to keep looking shiny, but no more as they apparently are not bothering. I'm sure it will be nice when complete, but I'm hearing that the addition will not be online until next summer.

I know that many malls are dying, but I think this should survive as there aren't other close options and not everyone is up for outdoor venues in January or July. Hill Place is nice, but parking is tight and retail space limited. I've also talked to one retailer who was at the mall, moved to Hill Place and then moved back to the Mall. Their business is much better in the Mall. The inconsistent closing (and opening) times of the other retailers hurt their business. 

Here is link to what I could find regarding the new look of the mall.

https://www.hobbs-black.com/mall-green-hills/

Edited by Nash_12South

That construction seems to have been going on forever. Taubman has their work cut out for them if they want to make that mall comparable to the nicest ones in peer cities. It's really a dump right now. And only one fairly middling anchor store won't cut it. There are some glimmers of hope, but they better get their act together fast. 

And the traffic is a cluster-f. When I'm in town I will go out of the way to avoid Green Hills. I don't blame Taubman for the traffic as the antiquated roads and failure of Metro to get ahead of things are the culprit. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

That construction seems to have been going on forever. Taubman has their work cut out for them if they want to make that mall comparable to the nicest ones in peer cities. It's really a dump right now. And only one fairly middling anchor store won't cut it. There are some glimmers of hope, but they better get their act together fast. 

And the traffic is a cluster-f. When I'm in town I will go out of the way to avoid Green Hills. I don't blame Taubman for the traffic as the antiquated roads and failure of Metro to get ahead of things are the culprit. 

I agree on the slow pace of construction. My understanding is that when they realized the expansion couldn't be complete by this fall, they okay-ed the slower pace to minimize disruptions for the holiday season. Frustrating. I've heard rumors they may be working on adding restaurants to the usual retail mix. Green Hills is woefully short on dining. 

• Like 1