Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

53 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I rode in the Tour de Nash on Saturday which involved getting to see many different areas of the city. The one thing I also noticed when it came to homes was how cheap everything looked. Are lots of the developers cutting corners with construction materials and design? To me it seems crazy at how much these places are going for, and then looking at how cheap they really look. One street was Michigan Ave where they had these huge townhomes and then directly in-front of them were hideous concrete slabs for the vehicles. I am sorry if someone on here lives in one of these, but this is just disgusting to look at. I just can't see me spending $400K + for a house with zero curb appeal (in my mind). 

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1590114,-86.8415536,3a,75y,304.01h,86.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2iLQ0zMvghfjdL7YtXMoeA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The Nations needs a huge sidewalks push, which would both improve walkability/safety and would put an end to these crappy front yard parking lot things (because of restrictions on curb cuts).

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

I rode in the Tour de Nash on Saturday which involved getting to see many different areas of the city. The one thing I also noticed when it came to homes was how cheap everything looked. Are lots of the developers cutting corners with construction materials and design? To me it seems crazy at how much these places are going for, and then looking at how cheap they really look. One street was Michigan Ave where they had these huge townhomes and then directly in-front of them were hideous concrete slabs for the vehicles. I am sorry if someone on here lives in one of these, but this is just disgusting to look at. I just can't see me spending $400K + for a house with zero curb appeal (in my mind). 

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1590114,-86.8415536,3a,75y,304.01h,86.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2iLQ0zMvghfjdL7YtXMoeA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I live over that way and walk my dogs on that stretch a lot. For whatever reason (maybe a lot of roommate situations?), that section feels like it has a ton of cars all over the place. The Nations really missed out on the timing of the sidewalk mandate for new construction. Wish it had been in place 5 years ago.

• Like 1

Nashville Food Project is moving to a permanent home that is u.c. at 5904 California Ave. in The Nations by the end of the year. it ill be home to 22 paid part- and full-time staff.  R.C. Mathews is building the roughly 6,000-square-foot structure to house the nonprofit’s operations. A permit, valued at $2.6 million, was recently issued related to the job.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21005927/the-nashville-food-project-preps-move-to-the-nations

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 12.18.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 12.29.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 12.30.15 PM.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 11:05 AM, leggy77 said:

Good eye, these might just be fillers for the renderings but these are so specific and the current store locations are all correct might be something.  Still trying to figure out what the Nort...  store is next to the doc B's.

I think it’s North Italia...a restaurant

Staybridge Suites (4 stories, 163 rooms) update. Prep work for footings.  Sewer lines on south side of lot installed.

Looking west from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 21st Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave., May 26, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south from  intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 21st Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave., May 26, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking west from 21st Ave. North, 1/2 block south of Charlotte Ave:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave., May 26, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 3

ThrIve at City Heights  will be the name of another John Eldridge development on 1.4 acres, at 2600 Clifton Ave. that will feature an undisclosed amount of condos and , townhomes, retail, and restaurants space.  He purchased the land for $2.2 million from a handful of entities, and the  $11 million project that will be funded by Planters Banks of Hopkinsville, KY.At least 15% of the residences will be workforce housing.

It will sit diagonally across Clifton from Eldridge's Connect at City Heights. More specs and renderings will be available soon.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/08/developer-unveils-plans-for-new-mixed-use-project.html

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 4.23.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 4.24.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 4.25.04 PM.png

• Like 3

I rarely go to GH's as I do not want to be caught in the stupidity there. If I go at all, it is on a Sunday afternoon or early on a Saturday morning.  The theaters are closer for me than Hollywood 27, but those are my theaters of choice as it is a fairly easy in and out. I don't go to malls anymore either if I can help it. Besides I cant afford anything at GH Mall anyway.

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I rarely go to GH's as I do not want to be caught in the stupidity there. If I go at all, it is on a Sunday afternoon or early on a Saturday morning.  The theaters are closer for me than Hollywood 27, but those are my theaters of choice as it is a fairly easy in and out. I don't go to malls anymore either if I can help it. Besides I cant afford anything at GH Mall anyway.

I haven't shopped at GH since the bookstore closed years ago, but you should check out the theater since it's all overstuffed recliners and reserved seating now.  You would think they would charge extra for that, but they don't.  Very comfy.

• Like 1

A 6 acre lot just to the NW of the Silo Bend development in the Nations at 5800 Centennial Blvd. has gone on the market. No asking price has been made available. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21009413/large-property-in-the-nations-hits-market

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 3.04.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 3.05.45 PM.png

5800 Centennial Blvd lot, June 14, 2018, 1.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting! 

So did RH build their store to look like the future style of the mall, or is that a corporate design?  If the mall goes in that direction, it could well make it one of the coolest shopping centers in the country. And perhaps put it out of my price range. 

• Like 2