Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, PruneTracy said:

Problem is that Metro has been following this philosophy and now has a bunch of schools out in the hinterlands where land is cheap. They can only sell off properties to fund budget shortfalls for so long, and every time they do they send their students on longer and longer commutes.

The Board's discussion was that the move of Hillwood High School to the new Bellevue location placed it much closer to and/or a shorter commute for most of the students who use the school.

• Like 1

Sylvan Supply, the name for the Madison Mill redevelopment at 4101 Charlotte Ave.,  has landed a $17.4 million permit for renovation of the shells on 6 buildings on the site.  A target date of late 2019 has been set for opening the complex, which will feature 133,000 sq. ft. of office space and 27,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21038365/permit-patrol-26-december-2018

• Like 2

'Bout dang time Nash got a C&B... now that they're really sort of everywhere. LOL... is remarkable how certain stores refuse to go to a thriving market of 2M+  I'd guess some junior level exec in Chicago mentioned over lunch with colleagues that s/he was going to Nashville and wondered aloud, "I've got to buy a wedding gift. So I'll just use my employee discount and go to our Nashville store." Gulp! 

See if this link works? 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3570005?page=263&searchText=2126 abbott martin&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber ASC

I searched 2126 Abbott Martin. There are a few new ones out there (I assume they will start popping up with the new addition coming online). This was the most interesting one I saw so far. 

6 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

See if this link works? 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3570005?page=263&searchText=2126 abbott martin&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber ASC

I searched 2126 Abbott Martin. There are a few new ones out there (I assume they will start popping up with the new addition coming online). This was the most interesting one I saw so far. 

Thanks! The information looks good, I'm surprised that it isn't in the news. This is big. I'm wondering where it will be at the mall. They like exterior access.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Thanks! The information looks good, I'm surprised that it isn't in the news. This is big. I'm wondering where it will be at the mall. They like exterior access.

I've seen these permits sit out here for a very long time before there is any type of announcement (that happened with the new RH Gallery).  I'm assuming it will be the 1st floor of the new addition? But I'm not clear what that's going to look like from the exterior?  I don't think I've seen renderings of what the finished product will look like? I don't know of another 27,000 sq ft space in the old part of the mall. 

9 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

I've seen these permits sit out here for a very long time before there is any type of announcement (that happened with the new RH Gallery).  I'm assuming it will be the 1st floor of the new addition? But I'm not clear what that's going to look like from the exterior?  I don't think I've seen renderings of what the finished product will look like? I don't know of another 27,000 sq ft space in the old part of the mall. 

In looking at some of the other permits, it seems to be in the addition, first level.  They can't sit on the news for long. It gets harder to keep news like this quiet, every day.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

With Crate and Barrel and Restoration Hardeware, Nashville is finally getting some good quality and high end furniture stores. In terms of retail I hope eventually Nashville will get a Neiman Marcus, other than that I think that the area is fine lol.

I doubt many consider Crate & Barrel and RH “high end” furniture stores.  Both sell a great deal more than just furniture. True high end furniture is sourced by interior designers from places other than retail stores.  Neiman Marcus, like most department stores, is going through turbulent times and unlikely to add many new stores. LOL!

I find it a little ironic that the old strip portion of the mall, once viewed as a detriment, is now helping keep it vital. Cool Springs had to demo portions of its mall to create the outdoor spaces that Green Hills already had. 

From the new Restoration to the new restaurants, these renovated areas should keep people coming to the mall. Crate & Barrel will encourage people to go inside. A far cry from what appears to be a dying Rivergate Mall.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, opendrawerwhore said:

If Rivergate is on the down-turn--and it is.  Where do folks on that side of Nashville shop?  

IMO - There are many more big (and small) box stores in that area that get the shoppers. In Green Hills there aren’t those options. Cool Springs mall is doing well by adding a lot of unique stores and restaurants as well as being viewed as a “safe” place for kids to hang out. 

Rivergate has no really unique stores, other than Macy’s, Dillard’s and a lot of folks just go in and out of just those stores. I think if there was an easy answer for Rivergate, the owners would be enacting it. The last time I was in Rivergate, and it’s been a year, it was depressing and dark, with no stores, other than Macy’s/Dillard’s that had what I was looking for. Lots of non chain, mom and pops. I don’t pretend to be an expert on Rivergate....

I remember when the old Bellevue Mall reached a “tipping point” where too many chains had left and there was no real reason the go there unless I needed a department store and that was rare. 

Providence, the new Bellevue Place, maybe Nashville West  use the formula of gathering the big/small box stores around an easy parking, rather easy walking environment. I think Rivergate Mall needs to be scrapped clean and reimagined like those.

Again, just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

IMO - There are many more big (and small) box stores in that area that get the shoppers. In Green Hills there aren’t those options. Cool Springs mall is doing well by adding a lot of unique stores and restaurants as well as being viewed as a “safe” place for kids to hang out. 

Rivergate has no really unique stores, other than Macy’s, Dillard’s and a lot of folks just go in and out of just those stores. I think if there was an easy answer for Rivergate, the owners would be enacting it. The last time I was in Rivergate, and it’s been a year, it was depressing and dark, with no stores, other than Macy’s/Dillard’s that had what I was looking for. Lots of non chain, mom and pops. I don’t pretend to be an expert on Rivergate....

I remember when the old Bellevue Mall reached a “tipping point” where too many chains had left and there was no real reason the go there unless I needed a department store and that was rare. 

Providence, the new Bellevue Place, maybe Nashville West  use the formula of gathering the big/small box stores around an easy parking, rather easy walking environment. I think Rivergate Mall needs to be scrapped clean and reimagined like those.

Again, just my opinion.

Rivergate may need to go the "Hickory Hollow" route and kinda start over.