Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

The Sonya Drive mixed-use development on 30 acres at 7315 Sonya Drive, just south of the I-40 Old Hickory Blvd. exit in Bellevue has seen some adjustments. It will now have 94 residential units (down from 250), a 170 room hotel, and 18,000 sq. ft. of commercial space. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21063672/proposed-bellevuearea-project-altered

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.16.00 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.16.37 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, smeagolsfree said:

A number of permits have been pulled for those address's. I put that one on there last week. I think those will be free standing homes but not totally sure. I meant to let William know about those and I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

Too many things happening these days and this believe it or not is a minor project. I think the permits were applied for and not pulled.

There are I think 17 parcels involved in this and it has already worked its way through Planning as far as I know. James Hunter is the owner and as far as I know he has owned this land since 1966.

All of these lots are zoned R6 like the rest of the upper part of the Nations.  They all have underlying lot lines from the original plat that they can be deeded back to, which will create 32 25x150 single family lots.   We were pursuing this one but felt the ask was a bit high.

I think the play would be to pay up for the parcel in the middle then SP it to a higher density.

• Like 2

More permits worth a cumulative $6.4 million pulled for the Silo Band development in The Nations being built by Southland Constructors.  Items covered will be for the 103 unit condo portion, and 49 cottages/townhomes.

Additionally,, a $9.85 million permit has been issued for the renovation of Silo Studios (the one time lumber warehouse, with Dowdle Construction handling that work.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21063849/crain-serving-as-gc-for-turnip-truck-project

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2019 at 6:57 AM, TMcKay9 said:

All of these lots are zoned R6 like the rest of the upper part of the Nations.  They all have underlying lot lines from the original plat that they can be deeded back to, which will create 32 25x150 single family lots.   We were pursuing this one but felt the ask was a bit high.

I think the play would be to pay up for the parcel in the middle then SP it to a higher density.

I don't think you do anything until Elliot Electric is out of there. Workers are flying down Georgia before 6 am, and then the trucks roll out before 7 am. They are big, old, dirty diesel engines, and they all line up right on that road idling, waiting to roll out. I'll be happy when they have found a new place.

• 2 weeks later...

GBT Realty has won the bid from the city for the former fire station at 2025 Richard Jones Rd (.87 acre) that sits immediately to the north of the 18 story Vertis Green Hills development.  The price is $4 million.

As of May 2018, the firehouse site was appraised at $5.87 million, according to an independent appraiser. The property fetched no bids during its first auction, which happened in February.

One bidder made a $4.2 million offer at a March auction, but that bidder was unable to close on the purchase, says Metro's Finance Department.

The April auction, which Tomlin won with his $4 million offer, attracted what appears to be six or seven bidders, based on Metro records.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/04/22/brentwood-developer-snags-site-by-green-hills-mall.html?ana=twt

• Thanks 1

Have known about this one for sometime but the developers will never ever call anyone back. I had seen the initial D Tracker info from a few years back and they wanted to do something along the lines of what is in the renderings.

Now if they can pull it off is yet to be seen as they have not got a lot of experience other than subdivions and storage facilities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

York Developments is planning Anthem Nashville, that would include three buildings of workshops, office studios, and co-working space and warehouses, potentially covering 200,000 sq. ft.  There would also be an events center.  The structures would range from 5 to 2 stories in height. There would also be a boardwalk down to the Cumberland River, which borders the site on the north.  No financing info, or construction timeline are available yet. 

"We're transforming one of the largest brownfield sites in Nashville into a vibrant, productive community of creatives, entrepreneurs and technological visionaries of the future," the developer says on its website. "Our campus provides thoughtfully designed studios and workspaces that are built to support the entire creative process, all in one centralized location."

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/05/01/developer-pursues-riverfront-enclave-in-the.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

More at the York website here:

http://yorkdevelopments.com/anthem-nashville-detail.html

Blegh.... I hate millennial buzzwords like "collaborative" ...and also "creative spaces" "collectives" and "green space." Just call it a 'shared office' or a 'park'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Blegh.... I hate millennial buzzwords like "collaborative" ...and also "creative spaces" "collectives" and "green space." Just call it a 'shared office' or a 'park'

What's a park?  You mean like a place I can park my bird scooter when I'm reconnecting with my creativity collective in my collaborative workspace?

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Look at the renderings and it looks as if they were done on a home computer architectural program. Definitely non professional renderings as they have spent very little money on design thus far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Look at the renderings and it looks as if they were done on a home computer architectural program. Definitely non professional renderings as they have spent very little money on design thus far.

It actually looks like Sketchup for the non-rendered images (lower images, building perspectives) and then either Lumion or Enscape (first several images), which are both professional software programs used in many design offices. Renders are incredibly expensive and time consuming to create, so if I had to guess, the developer wanted some imagery for marketing and didn't want to pay much for them (if at all) so very little time was put into them.