Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Briley / Metro looking at buying 800 acres at Bells Bend.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/06/24/greenspace-preservation-bells-bend-graves-farm-old-hickory-road/1549349001/

Mayor David Briley announced a plan Monday night to buy nearly 800 acres of open space in the Bells Bend area of northwest Nashville.

The $9.3 million purchase of 789 acres about 15 miles from downtown would be paid with funds set aside for new Nashville greenways. Metro Council must first approve the expense this fall. 

"Preserving and adding greenspace is vital as our city continues to grow and develop," Briley said. "These nearly 800 acres of farmable land have great potential for food production, sustainability efforts and agritourism."

• Like 3

Along with the obvious bad look of buying vacant land in a budget crunch, it is extra irksome to try to spend Greenway funds on land that's only accessible by car (I know it's possible to bike, but I don't think the average person would enjoy the Ashland City Highway bicycle experience), and not particularly close to most Nashvillians. Selfishly, I think that money would be much better spent on a bike/ped bridge between Bell's Bend and Cleece's Ferry. That would do a lot more to allow citizens to enjoy the area than a former sod farm.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Andrew_3289 said:

My two cents - When will an opportunity to buy ~800 acres of land within a 10 mile radius of downtown for under 10 million dollars present itself again? In the immediate future, not a great look given the budget issues the city has but sometimes you cant pass up a good opportunity when it comes.

I agree with Greg.  If this is just a real estate investment then it shouldn't come from greenway funding.  Greenways should be accessible to the most number of people possible, ideally reachable without a car.  Greenways have the most value when there is connectivity to safe bike routes and this fails that test.

28 minutes ago, Andrew_3289 said:

My two cents - When will an opportunity to buy ~800 acres of land within a 10 mile radius of downtown for under 10 million dollars present itself again? In the immediate future, not a great look given the budget issues the city has but sometimes you cant pass up a good opportunity when it comes.

Agreed, but the city shouldn’t be using greenway funds to do so, especially when they still have a closed bridge on the Shelby Bottoms greenway, and plenty of areas in town that could use greenways/enhanced bike lanes. 

• Like 2

JP Morgan Chase & Co. plan to build a new bank structure at 3811 Hillsboro Pike.  Up until recently, the site had been home to SunTrust Bank for decades. GBT Realty has purchased the property last month for $5.1 million, so it would appear they will be involved with the construction and then lease.  No word on size or renderings yet.

This will be the third JP Morgan Chase & Co. local location announced in less than 6 months (Berry Hill and Inglewood are both u.c. right now). 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/06/26/filings-reveal-next-nashville-neighborhood-on.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

JP MOran Chase Bank, Green Hills, June 26, 2019, site map.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

JP Morgan Chase & Co. plan to build a new bank structure at 3811 Hillsboro Pike.  Up until recently, the site had been home to SunTrust Bank for decades. GBT Realty has purchased the property last month for $5.1 million, so it would appear they will be involved with the construction and then lease.  No word on size or renderings yet.

This will be the third JP Morgan Chase & Co. local location announced in less than 6 months (Berry Hill and Inglewood are both u.c. right now). 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/06/26/filings-reveal-next-nashville-neighborhood-on.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

JP MOran Chase Bank, Green Hills, June 26, 2019, site map.png

This sale must be part of the Buntrust (BB&T / Suntrust) merger.   BB&T has a cheaper location on Crestmoor and must have decided to sell the prime location to make some $.  Got to pay for this 'merger of equals.'  Since BB&T only has three branches in middle Tennessee, I don't expect them to sell another branch as part of the merger, though they could do some consolidation later.

• Like 2

This is a random question but does anyone know the opening date for the new crate and barrel in the green hills mall? I have a couple of friends in Memphis that are planning to drive up to go to it and they asked me about this. I can’t find a date online...

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

This is a random question but does anyone know the opening date for the new crate and barrel in the green hills mall? I have a couple of friends in Memphis that are planning to drive up to go to it and they asked me about this. I can’t find a date online...

The glimpse I got into the space before the paper went up was that the interior was far from ready. Totally a guess, but I’m guessing September/October, in time for the holiday shopping.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 5:50 AM, markhollin said:

Rivertop Apartments (A dozen 3 & 4 story buildings with 224 units) update.  Complete and open.

Looking north from winding driveway off of River Road, 1/2 mile west of I-40/Charlotte interchange:

Rivertop Apts, April 28, 2019, 1.jpg

Various views from within the complex at the top of the hill:

Rivertop Apts, April 28, 2019, 4.jpg

Has a Bavarian and or Tudor feel to it. 

• Like 3

Parkvue in Bellevue (numerous 3 story structures, 72 units) update.  Moving dirt, placing sewer lines, and some foundational markings in place.

Looking south from Hwy 70 South, 1/2 block west of Bellevue Rd:

Parkvue Apts, Bellevue, June 30, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from Hwy 70 South, 1/2 block west of Bellevue Rd:

Parkvue Apts, Bellevue, June 30, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 2

Plans for a 94-unit townhome, 170 unit hotel, and 18,000 sq. ft. retail space at Old Hickory Blvd. and Sonya Drive (on the SE corner of I-40/OHB exit)  development in Bellevue advanced this week after they were approved on second reading by Metro Council. The first phase of construction will be the residential portion, and could begin in August. 

More info here:

https://bellevuehomepage.com/large-scale-hotel-and-townhome-development-moves-forward/

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 6.28.26 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brightside Bakeshop will be taking one of the spaces being offered in the repurposing of a former church at 4909 Indiana Ave. in The Nations.  Other tenants will be announced soon.

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21077380/bakery-set-for-exchurch-building-in-the-nations

4909 Indiana Ave 2 render X, April, 2017.png

• Like 3