Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Another apartment project proposed in the Nations. If someone wants to go to the Post it is there as well as the NBJ. I already have it on the Development map for those of you that want to see the location.

It is at 5800 Centennial. I just try not to  post the stories I contribute to.

There are some other things that are now on the map if you look that may be of interest. Little Easter eggs if you will. I will have the map updated hopefully this weekend now that I have my computer back.

• Like 2

Was out at One  Bellevue Place late afternoon/early evening this past Wednesday and I could not help notice how empty this development seems. None of the restaurants seem to have had hardly a sole in them. I have been through there during the week and weekend for lunch and have noticed pretty much the same thing.

IMO, this project is a huge disaster. The retail is far removed from the resataurants,  there are no office buildings to generate traffic during the week for these businesses,  the retail anchor stores are not strong choices for the average person, the sidewalks are hap hazzard in some places that make it dangerous for pedestrians to bet from point A to point b in the complex.

If the good folks at Crosland wanted to know how to do something right I would have sufggested they come here first and get recomendations on how things should work.

I am really afraid at the first sign of a economic slow down, this will be one of the first casualties in Nashville. This is just Bellevue Mall without the roof. Nothing at all exciting about this project.

If you dont like my post and have not been there I suggest you take a drive out there and form your own opinion. 

• Like 2

I totally agree about the redevelopment in Bellevue. It is simply bland and boring and definitely not a destination for anything.  Nashville West seems much busier. You are spot on that it is just the old Bellevue Mall without the roof. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't sweat it. The hotel is just now coming online, and the restaurants should see some traffic from that. The ice center and community center should help out as well.

Replacing the office space with a nursing home was a poor decision, though.

There is a wild card that will either boost the development traffic or completely wreck it: word on the street is that a certain chicken sandwich restaurant is looking at the outparcel across from Publix.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

I wouldn't sweat it. The hotel is just now coming online, and the restaurants should see some traffic from that. The ice center and community center should help out as well.

Replacing the office space with a nursing home was a poor decision, though.

There is a wild card that will either boost the development traffic or completely wreck it: word on the street is that a certain chicken sandwich restaurant is looking at the outparcel across from Publix.

I heard the same from a lady that works at Publix; but I checked on the website and nothing of note was under the "new developments". Probably beacuse it's not yet under construction and still a proposal?

Edited by OnePointEast

The Turnip Truck market's conversion of the 15,000 sq. ft. former Cash and Carry building at 5001 Charlotte has received a $2.44 million permit for build-out. Crain Construction is doing the job. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21077998/turnip-truck-project-lands-244m-permit

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.36.21 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 7:57 AM, markhollin said:

Brightside Bakeshop will be taking one of the spaces being offered in the repurposing of a former church at 4909 Indiana Ave. in The Nations.  Other tenants will be announced soon.

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21077380/bakery-set-for-exchurch-building-in-the-nations

4909 Indiana Ave 2 render X, April, 2017.png

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."  Matthew 4:4

• Like 2

Staybridge Hotel (4 stories, 163 rooms) update.

Looking SW from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 21st Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave, July 7, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking south from  Charlotte Ave. and 21st Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave, July 7, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 22nd Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave, July 7, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking north from 22nd Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Murphy Ave:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave, July 7, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Harmony at Bellevue,  a 154,376 square-foot assisted living facility at 8234 Highway 100, has landed a building permit of $25.3 million to begin construction . It will get underway this month and be finished by  spring of 2021.  Hardaway Construction Corp. is handling the build.  Still no rendering.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21077981/permit-patrol-15-july-2019

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map show the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 4.44.10 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I must agree about HCA’s headquarters buildings. It has always been  bad.  They’ve  been there for ages since acquiring the old Park View Hospital (now Centennial Medical Center). The multi building layout just cannot be efficient.  For many years they had numerous temporary buildings scattered around the main structures.

I’m  surprised HCA never built a distinctive, branded office tower downtown. The smallish tower at Capitol View doesn't make much of a statement for such a prominent company.  

Finally, their new logo “HCA Healthcare” looks like it was designed by a high school art class. 

The one story, 8.000 sq. ft. industrial space at 5101 Kentucky Ave. in The Nations is being repurposed as creative office space and retail.   It's most recent tenant was an auto and boat upholstry service. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21078612/building-in-the-nations-set-for-facelift

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.12.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.12.36 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.12.28 PM.png

This looks great and I'm digging the prominent bike racks and SIDEWALK, as well as the nod to the Cannonball. I kinda hope they keep the awesome retro logo, too, instead of obsessing over the address - the street signs are adequate, and every building along 51st that faces the cross-streets is numbered 5100 or 5101 by convention, so why bother. The sidewalk gap is the last remaining gap on the western edge of 51st (excepting the pull-in parking for the bank and Modman Guitars that probably aren't going away any time soon). They will also presumably finally paint a crosswalk across 51st at Kentucky (which already has the 4-way stops but presumably no explicit crosswalk because of the sidewalk deficiency).

I hope that the similar warehouse at 5101 Tennessee, which according to my wife (and the development map) will be the new office for Catalyst Design Group that is currently occupying a large chunk of the nearby Office Evolution co-working space, will similarly capitalize on the bike lanes. I've seen a little bit of progress on the latter site - they've replaced some of the sidewalk and driveway and seemed to be renovating the interior when I passed by the other day.

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

As a for profit health care (hospital) company, they would be hammered on social media for having opulent headquarters at the expense of sick people. I'm fairly certain that would have to be a consideration in keeping a relatively low profile.

Exactly - the optics of a for profit healthcare company spending money on frivolous things and not patient care is a bad look.

Additionally,  as an HCA employee at headquarters, I can tell you that the interior of these buildings are unmatched to any office building  I have ever been in around the country.  The new building (4) in particular at the top of the hill on Park Plaza has daily visitors from companies  all over the world touring it to get inspiration for their buildings. 

The logistic issues that come with having four separate buildings is mitigated by a bus shuttle service, we have four buses running a loop non stop, stopping at each building  from 6:30am - 6:30pm  M-F. 

• Thanks 1