Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

Although I'm a little dubious about how successful a bookstore can be in today's electronic reader world, I think if this concept were to fail, Amazon has a wealth of other concepts /items they could sell at this location.

I've never been to one of their bookstores...but something tells me they do them a little differently. 

Hillsboro HS expansion/remodel (4 and 2 stories, $89 million) update. Portions are already open. 

Looking east from Hillsboro Pike, 1/2 block north of Abbott Martin Rd:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from Hillsboro Pike, 1/2 block south of Glen Echo Rd:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking east from Hillsboro Pike, 1/2 block south of Glen Echo Rd:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking SE from student parking lot off of Hillsboro Pike on north end of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 4jpg.jpg

Looking south from student parking lot off of Glen Echo Rd., 1/2 block east of Hillsboro Pike:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 5.jpg

Looking south from student parking lot on NE side of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 6.jpg

Looking NW from internal driveway at center of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 7.jpg

Looking SW from internal driveway at center of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 8.jpg

• Like 2

The .44 acre triangular empty lot at 5502 New York Ave. (at intersection with Centennial Blvd.) in The Nations has sold for $700,100.  It sold for $325,00 just 5 years ago. It is zoned commercial.  No word on the buyer's plans yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21083636/lot-in-the-nations-sells-for-700k

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 7.58.23 AM.png

• Like 2

They just took down all the trees in front of Hillsboro High school today. They were the last of the mature tress on Hillsboro Road, really changes the look of the area now for the worse.  The area is going to be a MTA bus transfers station and Uber/Lyft drop off area, should help traffic ;)

IMG_2788.thumb.jpg.d4586785dc8c6e25d596ad90c045c925.jpg

Before , There were about 6 to 7 trees, much worse than the riverfront cherry trees IMHO

e2019-08-28_16-18-29.thumb.png.523332726d1dc13e6f56f1fac50a175f.png

Edited by leggy77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, leggy77 said:

They just took down all the trees in front of Hillsboro High school today. They were the last of the mature tress on Hillsboro Road, really changes the look of the area now for the worse.  The area is going to be a MTA bus transfers station and Uber/Lyft drop off area, should help traffic ;)

Before , There were about 6 to 7 trees, much worse than the riverfront cherry trees IMHO

They were hackberries, but unfortunately they were the only trees on the front campus.    Hopefully they will replace them with some new and better trees as part of the new landscaping.    

• Like 4

Anyone know what is planned here at the corner of 17th and Pearl St? I saw this sign while waking today. Looks like they are wanting to change from R6 to Mixed use (I think). The daycare that was on this site was demolished over a year ago. The area could definitely use a solid mixed use development. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.08.31 PM.png

dCaT+xKzTCy8mW%IgkN+Bg.jpg

11 hours ago, wes1990 said:

Anyone know what is planned here at the corner of 17th and Pearl St? I saw this sign while waking today. Looks like they are wanting to change from R6 to Mixed use (I think). The daycare that was on this site was demolished over a year ago. The area could definitely use a solid mixed use development. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.08.31 PM.png

dCaT+xKzTCy8mW%IgkN+Bg.jpg

This wil be a residential development from Pearl Street Partners. Look across the the stret to the most recently completed development and that gives you Mike Schmerling and Tony G.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1