Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

The .82 acre site at 3312 Charlotte Ave. has sold for $2.85 million.  It appears that an LLC associated with Martin Lovelace is the buyer, and they plan to develop a mixed-use multi-story structure of retail and office space. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21085679/charlotte-ave-site-sells-for-285m

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.12.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.14.13 AM.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The .82 acre site at 3312 Charlotte Ave. has sold for $2.85 million.  It appears that an LLC associated with Martin Lovelace is the buyer, and they plan to develop a mixed-use multi-story structure of retail and office space. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21085679/charlotte-ave-site-sells-for-285m

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.12.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.14.13 AM.png

The transformation of Charlotte Ave is still something that makes me very happy, its come a long way but still has so much more potential of being an amazing corridor for West Nashville in to downtown. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

IMO, the mall is much improved with major construction completed. Parking is much better. They are in the process of adding more stores and more importantly , nicer restaurants.  That seems to be a way many malls are trying to increase traffic, by adding more upscale eating options in the hope that diners will then walk the mall. 

Parking is MUCH better. The new addition is very easy to get to from the underground garage. 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 11:34 AM, markhollin said:

Work is underway on the new 23,500 sq. ft. Trader Joe's at 90 White Bridge Rd. at the Lion's Head Village shopping mall. It is the slot that was once Lion's Head Cinemas, and most recently an office furniture store.  An $800,000 permit has been issued for the build out. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21074120/work-to-begin-on-trader-joes-space

Does anyone have an update on the TJ's on White Bridge Road?  I don't get out that way often but I will once this store opens!  Parking at the other TJ's is beyond dangerous.

49 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Does anyone have an update on the TJ's on White Bridge Road?  I don't get out that way often but I will once this store opens!  Parking at the other TJ's is beyond dangerous.

When I spoke with one of the workers at the Green Hills location last week, he told me some of the workers were beginning to transfer to the White Bridge location as early as this week. I guess this is a good sign things are moving along.

He didn't know the grand opening date yet, but he did say he didn't believe they have too much work left to do other than signage and whatnot. I'm assuming there was less work for TJs  at that location since the space was already being prepped for Fresh Market before they backed out.

Edited by ariesjow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dunkijo said:

Updated renderings for potential mixed use at 5916 Morrow Rd in the Nations (corner of 60th and Morrow). Listing notes 1,000 sft of potential retail

D7CBED18-F899-4166-9F9C-18850DF25275.jpeg

B014433A-DA2D-4DE1-97CC-A42F5A6A582C.jpeg

Is this still Michael Kenner doing this? I need to touch base with him. He didnt mention it when I ran into him last week, but other things were dominating the conversation. 

I like this better than the previous plans.

I will still be surprised if the keep the GH store open. They are so close together and parking is so tight at the GH loctaion, it just seems this would be a better choice for them.

I try to avoid GH like the plague. Traffic is such a pain even getting in the back roads anymore. I go to the Whole foods some but when the one downtown opens, buh bye GH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

Those door s and windows are painted

It's hard to avoid comparing this to the nearly adjacent Catalyst (Tennessee Ave) warehouse makeover every time I drive by. While the paint is satisfyingly precise and matches up with the render as you pointed out, it's 100% cosmetic (so far - maybe they're doing skylights or something), while the Tennessee Ave warehouse is getting a complete internal and external redo so that there will actually be natural light inside and it will actually feel like an office. I saw them adding more materials to the Catalyst site today as well, with what looked like brick (only glanced by in passing).

Edited by AsianintheNations

38 minutes ago, AsianintheNations said:

I saw them adding more materials to the Catalyst site today as well, with what looked like brick (only glanced by in passing).

I walked through there a couple weeks ago, and there was brink stored inside. It could look pretty good.

I'm not sure it came through in the pictures, but at 5101 Kentucky, they even painted door handles on the KY side. :tw_neutral:

• Haha 1