Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

47 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

I'm a bit surprised Trader Joe's hasn't already opened more stores in the Nashville area based on the massive success of the one in Green Hills.

It's a good question. I wonder what type market they shoot for? Turnip Truck's new nice store hurts prospects in East Nashville. Are they viewed as too urban for Brentwood/Franklin? Too "upscale" for other parts of town? Too much existing competition in Cool Springs?

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

It's a good question. I wonder what type market they shoot for? Turnip Truck's new nice store hurts prospects in East Nashville. Are they viewed as too urban for Brentwood/Franklin? Too "upscale" for other parts of town? Too much existing competition in Cool Springs?

I think they would have great success in East Nashville but now have to deal with a new Publix.  If I had to make a guess for TJ's next location, I would say East Nashville or Donelson.  Sprouts has taken prominent locations in Franklin and Bellevue, making it harder for TJ's to find a place.

A 3 story, 39,000 sq. ft. surgical center is finally moving forward for 500 28th Ave. North.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21086190/surgical-center-proposed-for-midtownarea

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 3.02.32 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map show the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 3.08.46 PM.png

• Like 3

HCA has something brewing or their surface lot at 345 24th Ave. North just off of Charlotte Ave. Metro Planning has approved a rezoning request for new construction in association with TriStar Centennial Medical Center.  Catalyst Design is listed for civil engineering and planning. Now word on specifics yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21087129/work-to-start-on-weho-homes

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 3.50.32 PM.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

What did Metro approve? 

Does it allow any height? The article read as though it's related to the medical center across the street. 

Right now it is just a zoning change and as usual HCA is tight lipped about the plans.

A request to rezone from MUG-A to MUI-A zoning for property located at 345 24th Avenue North,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

Does this mean the proposed hotel on the current Czann's site in Sobro is moving forward?  

From what I heard a long tome ago that hotel died a painless death and the owners put it back up on the market. I am unsure what the plan is but the move out of Sobro has been in the works for a long time for Czann's.

It may still end up being a hotel but from what Ken Rebman told me one day when I saw him in passing the hotel was not happening.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

5 new stores to open in Mall at Green Hills next month: Abercrombie & Fitch, Abercrombie Kids, American Eagle,  Aerie, and Fabletics.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/09/17/nashville-american-eagle-abercrombie-fabletics/2350716001/

I'm not a fashion/shopping kind of guy, but I'm curious if Green Hills is starting to lose it's upscale bent somewhat, because most of the recent additions, including those listed above, are, at least according to my limited knowledge, fairly run-of-the-mill, are they not?

The Mall at Green Hills remains decidedly upscale.  The stores are almost all high-end, except for Dillard’s and Macy’s.  The Mall at GH store mix is comparable to the Galleria in Houston, Lenox Sq.  or Phipps Plaza in Atlanta.  Only need a Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue, but those aren’t likely as all levels of retail is very challenged, much of it due to Amazon.  

• Like 4