smeagolsfree

Green Hills/Belle Meade Projects

1 hour ago, opendrawerwhore said:

I think that the new Dillard's has been the biggest disappointment.  The design is very plan.  It's just a stucco box on top of a parking deck.  No arches or windows or unique design elements.

Couldn't agree more.  there was no reason to allow them to not include windows.  Even Macy's has windows on the Hillsboro Road side.  The store is simply big with no personality and feels like you are inside a big box, which you are.  

2nd crane up at Green Hills Mall expansion. 

Looking north from Abbott Martin Rd. 1/2 block east of Cleghorn Ave:

Green Hills Mall expansion, Jan 18, 2018.jpg

On 1/13/2018 at 11:10 AM, GreenHillsBoy said:

Couldn't agree more.  there was no reason to allow them to not include windows.  Even Macy's has windows on the Hillsboro Road side.  The store is simply big with no personality and feels like you are inside a big box, which you are.  

You would think with all the NIMBYs over in Green Hills they would have lobbied for something more aesthetically pleasing. The most frustrating part is that for not a huge investment they could have done something really cool to the exterior shell (and I guess they still could some day). I mean it is pretty much a blank canvas. And those stupid stripes of brick at the bottom - it looks like a sample/demo mock up. I know design nowadays is dictated by budget but I want to shake the architects who come up with this garbage.  Thanks for indulging my rant. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MetropolitanNashville said:

You would think with all the NIMBYs over in Green Hills they would have lobbied for something more aesthetically pleasing. The most frustrating part is that for not a huge investment they could have done something really cool to the exterior shell (and I guess they still could some day). I mean it is pretty much a blank canvas. And those stupid stripes of brick at the bottom - it looks like a sample/demo mock up. I know design nowadays is dictated by budget but I want to shake the architects who come up with this garbage.  Thanks for indulging my rant. 

It's not the architects' fault that this building looks as it does. It is the fault of Dillard's company (family) that is notoriously cheap. It is also the fault of the mall management company and ownership that didn't negotiate (demand) a better design. I look at this way - It could have been all dryvit. I also imagine that Dillard's realized that if they created a showplace at this location that there would be questions as to why do the Cool Springs and Rivergate stores look like crap. They would rather spend their tightly held dollars inside rather than outside. And I'll grant that the inside isn't all that great either.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

The new Dillard’s in Green Hills is just a big, windowless box built on top of a parking garage. It is certainly ugly  from the exterior and the interior is no better.  It’s still the same Dillard’s quality,  with way too much mediocre merchandise filling the aisles in a new building. They appear to be fewer customers since not being connected to the main mall makes access difficult. One of the many reasons why work is happening fast on the extension to the mall. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Since we're talking about the mall - Apple is closing for renovations starting February 11th, possibly until the fall.

Better hurry if you want that replacement battery.

Just now, CenterHill said:

Better hurry if you want that replacement battery.

You know....I was just thinking....how convenient....just when they announced the $29 battery replacement. At least there is a store in Cool Springs....so I'll be going there before the end of the year (when this deal expires).

In one of the longest delays in the opening of a restaurant,  Freebirds will finally be open on March 27th

A $24.7 million permit has been issued for the 4 story addition and other updates to Hillsboro High School (originally built in 1950).  The total $89 million renovation for the 28 acre campus is to be completed in 2020.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.44.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.44.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.44.36 AM.png

• Like 3

Restoration Hardware (3 stories) at Green Hills Mall update.

Looking SE from Green Hills Mall northern parking lot:

Restoration Hardware, Green Hills Mall, Mar 18, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from jsust west of entrance into Mall parking off of Hillsboro Pike:

Restoration Hardware, Green Hills Mall, Mar 18, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 3

^ ^ ^ That's the only place that it could open up to.  The Sun Trust Bank building sits between it and Hillsboro Pike. 

What had been originally scheduled as another rebuild on a restaurant property has become Care Now Urgent Care Center, which is nearing completion.

Looking NW from intersection of Hillsboro Pike and Hillsboro Drive:

Care Now, Hillboro Pike & Hillsboro Drive, Marc 18, 2018.jpg

Green Hills Mall addition (4 stories) update.

Looking SE from 4th level of mall parking garage at Cleghorn Ave and Green Hills Dr:

Green Hills Mall expansion, Mar 18, 2018.jpg

• Like 1

Marriott front and back

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

New retail space between Dillard's and Nordstrom

IMG_5940.jpg

• Like 4