smeagolsfree

Green Hills/Belle Meade Projects

4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

They have done that at all the AMC Theaters or going to. 

Still not nearly as good as an Alamo Drafthouse

Interesting! 

So did RH build their store to look like the future style of the mall, or is that a corporate design?  If the mall goes in that direction, it could well make it one of the coolest shopping centers in the country. And perhaps put it out of my price range. 

• Like 2

Hillsboro High School remodel/addition (4 stories, $89 million) update. 

Also a few new renderings and diagrams.

Hillsboro HS expansion, June 10, 2018, 1.jpg

Hillsboro HS expansion, June 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Hillsboro HS expansion, June 10, 2018, 3.jpg

Hillsboro HS, June 14, 2018, render 1.png

Hillsboro HS, June 14, 2018, render 2.jpg

Hillsboro HS, June 14, 2018, render 3.jpg

Hillsboro HS, June 14, 2018, render 4.jpg

Hillsboro HS, June 14, 2018, render 5.jpg

Hillsboro HS, June 14, 2018, render 6.jpg

Hillsboro HS, June 14, 2018, render 7.jpg

^^Do each of those tables show a possible different layout of the school and athletic complexes?  Does Table 4 have the football field on top of the school?  Trying to make sense of those designs.

9 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Interesting! 

So did RH build their store to look like the future style of the mall, or is that a corporate design?  If the mall goes in that direction, it could well make it one of the coolest shopping centers in the country. And perhaps put it out of my price range. 

It is a corporate design. They have built several similar stores.

I would wish the rest of the mall could be this nice. In walking the rest of the mall yesterday, there are a lot of empty storefronts. Some, like Apple, are remodeling. The new Apple will be huge, but for now is leaving a large blank area in the Mall’s Nordstrom courtyard. Brooks Brothers is also closed for a downsizing/remodel, until next spring. They relocated to a minuscule temp. space. 

• Like 1

Don't know about you guys, but I think I'd rather have one of those instead of a Crate and Barrel. Don't know why C&B still has not come to GH, but they're going to miss out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Don't know about you guys, but I think I'd rather have one of those instead of a Crate and Barrel. Don't know why C&B still has not come to GH, but they're going to miss out. 

I know that C&B looked at Green Hills (years ago) but the location and timing never worked out. I'd like them too, but not sure where they fit at this point. RH may also have been granted some lease concessions to prevent their ever coming to the actual mall. 

^^Crate and Barrel now like locations freestanding near malls.  The one in Charlotte is outside the mall in its own freestanding building and the one in Durham is the open air portion of a mall but outside visibility.  The moved their store in Atlanta to outside the mall too.  So that is probably the issue with the Green Hills area finding the right spot and that would be the right area in my mind. 

• Like 2

Speaking of the devil.  In Kansas City for a business trip...RH in Overland Park, KS.

IMG_20180618_191958.jpg

• Like 1

If you are going to be there for a few days, go to the City Hall building as you can go to 27th floor, which is an  open air observation deck. They will have a security guard meet you and stay with you while you take pictures.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:54 PM, KJHburg said:

^^Crate and Barrel now like locations freestanding near malls.  The one in Charlotte is outside the mall in its own freestanding building and the one in Durham is the open air portion of a mall but outside visibility.  The moved their store in Atlanta to outside the mall too.  So that is probably the issue with the Green Hills area finding the right spot and that would be the right area in my mind. 

They've done the same in the DC metro area as well.  Their store in Tyson's Corner, which has been there for several years now is a freestanding store with own garage and cafe across the street from the Tyson's Corner Mall.  There's also a C&B Outlet Store in Old Town Alexandria that is free standing .  The C&B store in Annapolis is attached to the mall, but it's designed to look like a stand alone store.  If they ever tear the mall down, C&B could easily remain.  The same with the Towson, MD location, though the mall isn't that large, so it'sprobably a good bet that nothing will change there.  I suspect their model is to be free standing and or semi-attached so that they aren't bound by the future of mall fluctuations.  

I'm surprised that there's not at least a C&B Outlet Store in Nashville.  The Village would be a great area for a C&B Outlet Store.  I'm also surprised that they've not considered Nashville for a CB2 Store.  The CB2 Stores tend to lean towards a younger demographic and or condo/apartment dwellers.  They even do well with college students, at least those who can afford them and are too uppity for IKEA... LOL!!!

Edited by PillowTalk4