Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

This is a very attractive design, no doubt. I've got a love-hate relationship with Green Hills (my family history is deeply rooted there), so I have mixed emotions about this building at this location. In a perfect world, it will fill a surface lot in downtown. But I would MUCH rather have it in Green Hills than CoolSprings.

WW

• Like 2

I'm perfectly fine with it being located there.  Many of us on here have lamented the lack of public transit in Green Hills, and it's projects like this that add great density that will get us things like transit. Things like this are going to force Metro to get their act together in terms of transit. This will also provide some killer views of the "mountains" that surround Green Hills.  It's also a good sign IMO that they revised the size up and not down.  That says good things about the market the momentum we currently have.

• Like 2

I like it!  I'd be interested in seeing the layout on the site.  It looks like the shorter retail/restaurant building will face the corner with the tower kind of angling out behind.  I'm wondering how that part addresses the street, or if there is just green space between the tower and the street, or if the tower abuts other properties that will remain.  Is it safe to say that this rendering is looking toward the southeast?  That's what I hate about renderings sometimes:  they don't help with contextualizing the impact of the project.  Clearly there is a need for office space in Green Hills:  the last buildable space is being taken in Burton Hills. 

Despite some of the concerns of folks who have lived in Green Hills a long time going back to its 1960s ranch home days, there actually is more and more interest in walkable development in Green Hills among young professionals. So this fills that void nicely.

Yeah, I don't want to play the devils advocate here, but the perspective of that rendering leaves alot of open questions. There is certainly a large amount of space in there. For all we know, the tower could be surrounded by a massive parking lot. I hope that's not the case, but I'm curbing my excitement until I see more detailed drawings.

I wonder if there'll be enough room in the Southern Land development for Crate & Barrel. It looks like they wants into Green Hills which is what I've been hearing for over a year now. They're opening a pop-up store in the mall to test the market. 

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130815/BUSINESS/308150094/Crate-Barrel-plans-holiday-pop-up-store-Mall-Green-Hills?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

Edited by ariesjow

I wonder if there'll be enough room in the Southern Land development for Crate & Barrel. It looks like they wants into Green Hills which is what I've been hearing for over a year now. They're opening a pop-up store in the mall to test the market. 

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130815/BUSINESS/308150094/Crate-Barrel-plans-holiday-pop-up-store-Mall-Green-Hills?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

C&B is opening 4 "pop up" stores for the holidays:  Nashville, Las Vegas, Des Moines and Albany, NY.  Surprising that Nashville and Las Vegas don't have a store already.

Edited by MLBrumby

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130827/BUSINESS02/308270010/2095/BUSINESS02

New article is up regarding residential being planned next to The Sheds and The Next Door

A Dallas-based developer has a contract to buy the final piece of property that was once homeicon1.png to the Tennessee Department of Transportation and is planning apartments for the site.

Lincoln Property Co.’s conditional contract with the state to purchaseicon1.png the vacant 3.6-acre tract at Charlotte Avenue and 23rd Avenue North could close as early as October.

Trying to figure out where this is in relation to the sheds... to the west or the east (where the big sandstone mid-century building sits).  

If I'm not mistaken, west of the sheds. East of the sheds would be @ 22nd. The mid century building (TDOT) is probably going to be razed as part of the sheds development.

• 2 weeks later...

In Green Hills, demolition work was well underway today on two story building on Richard Jones Rd. that was most recently an antiques and home furnishings store. This is the parcel of land between the Metro Fire Dept. station and the coffee house.

Edited by dxfret

• 2 weeks later...