Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

e name="BnaBreaker" post="1303475" timestamp="1398183065"]Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the NIMBY's are back:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/4/22/green_hills_group_files_appeal_to_stop_planned_mixed_use_project

“We believe we are representing the vast majority of area residents who do not want to see Green Hills turn into a sea of skyscrapers."

Yes, because the sea of asphalt that currently sits there is SO appealing to the eye.

I will say this about Green Hills: I'm all for growth there...but their road / sidewalk infrastructure is just pitiful.  I don't know if I've seen an area that could use a total makeover as much as Green Hills.

I've learned every backroad I can so that I don't have to take 21st/Hillsboro through that stretch.

• Like 1

Flip Burger coming to the hostess adaptive reuse project at 42nd/Charlotte. Along with beer pale this is looking to be a nice project

A story on this from Eater about this.  Another food network star opening a restaurant!  http://nashville.eater.com/archives/2014/04/26/richard-blais-atlantabased-flip-burger-is-coming.php 

The Calypso is getting closer to opening on Charlotte. They are also going to close the Elliston Place location and the employees will go to the new location that will have a lot more room and outdoor seating.

Thanks for the head's up about the Elliston Calypso.  Where exactly is Calypso opening on Charlotte?  Glad to hear that the Elliston employees will move to the new store location.  Maybe someday soon that whole strip shopping center will get redeveloped.

• Like 2

Thanks for the head's up about the Elliston Calypso.  Where exactly is Calypso opening on Charlotte?  Glad to hear that the Elliston employees will move to the new store location.  Maybe someday soon that whole strip shopping center will get redeveloped.

I am unsure of the address, but going west on. Charlotte from downtown, it would be the second building on the left past 440. It is sort of across the street from Bros.

• 2 weeks later...

That's already an improvement!

Especially with the removal of the billboard that was over Flower Mart. slowly but surely removing them from the Green Hills area.  Too bad the one over the self serve car wash on Hillsboro circle wasn't taken down when it was demoed.

• Like 1

Especially with the removal of the billboard that was over Flower Mart. slowly but surely removing them from the Green Hills area.  Too bad the one over the self serve car wash on Hillsboro circle wasn't taken down when it was demoed.

Glad to see the car wash go - it was the worst.    What's going in the car wash space?    Looked like they were grading for a surface lot when I was by there last weekend.      

Can I mention a rumor? I have heard from several highly reliable sources that GHM will indeed get a Neimans.  One rumor even gives the site as the surface lot on Cleghorn, straddling the driveway that connects to the mid-court entrance.  They want a street entrance that will enable valet parking. The location of this expansion would lend credence to that rumor as well. I have also heard that they want to build a hotel with "less than 200 rooms".  How do I know?  I can't say exactly, but one of the largest mall owners  in the country is based in my town.  Let's just say it's a small town.  I expect an announcement before the end of the year.

• Like 1

Can I mention a rumor? I have heard from several highly reliable sources that GHM will indeed get a Neimans.  One rumor even gives the site as the surface lot on Cleghorn, straddling the driveway that connects to the mid-court entrance.  They want a street entrance that will enable valet parking. The location of this expansion would lend credence to that rumor as well. I have also heard that they want to build a hotel with "less than 200 rooms".  How do I know?  I can't say exactly, but one of the largest mall owners  in the country is based in my town.  Let's just say it's a small town.  I expect an announcement before the end of the year.

That same company has two other malls in Nashville too. Used to have a third.

This blog name begins with Charlotte Park, but I don't see any mention of the area other than the fact that the area of Charlotte between WBR and Walmart will be difficult to develop because it's only two lanes.  I have to admit that it's not a very exciting part of West Nashville, but the former Ford Glass plant area does have some good points: sidewalks on many streets, low taxes, affordable/durable brick homes, quiet, low traffic...      

I know it's all speculation, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about how the Charlotte Park area will do in the near future.  I own (and live on) riverfront property that overlooks the Cumberland River and Bells Bend and am seriously considering a move, but since I did a fairly extensive reno on the place, it will be hard to get all of my money out of it.  My dilemma is whether to sit tight and wait or get out now and take my losses.    

Edited by Nashvillechick

Thanks for the email, first off NashvilleChick and a big welcome to the forum. The map has been a lot of work. I know the Charlotte Park area and I think it has a lot of potential. I am curious as to why it has not taken off like other areas of town.

Maybe some of you other guys can give your thoughts on what could happen in the CP area. I think it may be a matter of time, but time is what it will take.

The Charlotte Park area however has one drawback and that is that it is so isolated and cut off from the rest of the area. I would also contact your Council Person and see what Metro can do to enhance the area with more sidewalks, park improvements and also if there are any neighborhood overlays in the area. I have been wanting to try Blue Moon at the marina too.

I do know the Planet Fitness did a great job of reinventing the old McKays location. I tend to think there needs to be a street scape all along Charlotte to Nashville West from 440 to encourage more pedestrian and bike traffic. I think there are plans for a few developments along Charlotte Pike across from Nashville West as well as more development on the Nashville West side of the street.

Time for you guys to chime in. I know nashviet has his hands full right now, but is a leader in Sylvan Park.

• Like 1

This blog name begins with Charlotte Park, but I don't see any mention of the area other than the fact that the area of Charlotte between WBR and Walmart will be difficult to develop because it's only two lanes.  I have to admit that it's not a very exciting part of West Nashville, but the former Ford Glass plant area does have some good points: sidewalks on many streets, low taxes, affordable/durable brick homes, quiet, low traffic...      

I know it's all speculation, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about how the Charlotte Park area will do in the near future.  I own (and live on) riverfront property that overlooks the Cumberland River and Bells Bend and am seriously considering a move, but since I did a fairly extensive reno on the place, it will be hard to get all of my money out of it.  My dilemma is whether to sit tight and wait or get out now and take my losses.    

Charlotte Park is starting to pick up.  When I was growing up over in the Nations, Charlotte Park was the much better area but now the roles have kind of reversed.  I've noticed prices ticking up in CP over the last year or so.  Maybe your house is worth more than you think and you wont have to take any losses.  I love the houses overlooking the river, they seem to sell pretty well.  I've had a couple clients interested in buying on the river over the past couple of years.

• Like 1