Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

I gave William the info on that. The plan seems to be changing in several ways since construction started. Hopefully William can get more information and a timeline on costruction. I am all for more residential here and the entire Charlotte corridor is changing faster than we had first thought it would.

I saw this. We have been waiting how many years on this. Sort of getting old and I know the folks in Bellevue are past pessimistic hoping anything will be done.

Crosland announced their involvement 2 or 3 years ago after the first and maybe even a second company dropped their plans.

Now another 6 months for an announcement.

Hmm...other than removing the umbrellas from the roof top terrace, what design changes did they make?

High powered binoculars on the top floor so they can invade the privacy of everyone in Green Hills.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

I just noticed another subliminal difference. In the updated rendering, all of the cars have light trails. This says "Traffic is just going to cruise on by here".

They also dimmed some of the lights....and I think they did it in such a way that sort of minimizes the tower's presence. While the dimensions seem to be exactly the same, the darker tower looks smaller to the eye.

Rather than proudly beaming over the top of the 4 story base, this version seems to be sulking quietly behind it.

If you didn't stop by the Outlines festival adjacent to The Stone Fox in The Nations this past Saturday, you missed a nice block party.  The neighborhood association has been working on a tactical urbanism plan to put 51st Ave on a road diet to make it more pedestrian friendly.  Public Works so far has not been open to that idea.  But the photos showing damage from a recent tanker explosion from trucks going down 51st were attention getting.  It is pretty scary how much damage an accident like that could cause in an area that is relatively dense from a residential perspective.  Of course, "density" in Nashville is always a relative term.  But still, the festival was pretty nice and was pretty well attended.

• Like 1