Green Hills/Belle Meade Projects

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Look daddy...every time a crane goes up in Green Hills, another NIMBY's head pops off"

From the Tennessean;   Metro plan would improve Green Hills traffic     My rendering based on what the article seems to indicate. It would improve traffic flow along Hillsboro Road somewhat. But

I also think they're missing a big opportunity to open up to the surrounding community in both this new Dillards and the Nordstrom store.  They're both built right up to the street, but instead of hav

Posted Images

Does anyone have any information about potential future redevelopment of Green Hills Court (aka Greek Cafe/Papa John's/Radioshack). Seems like the next prime lot for development in GH, especially with the Southern Land and Hill Center projects next door. 

The former Belle Meade theater and adjacent complex has been sold for a whopping $21,850,000! Anchor space is unoccupied, but the buyer Bradford Allen of Chicago sees that as a positive. Sounds like they would plan to develop the site. 

From the Tennessean... http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/11/30/nashvilles-historic-former-belle-meade-theater-sold-2185-million/94667030/

635829464710830636-Bellemeade

• Like 2

..One of my old favorites of the outlying-area "picture show" halls had been the Belle Meade.  Perhaps my most memorable association with that theater was seeing "The Sound of Music", in late summer 1965, and then heading back toward midtown on the way home, and stopping by Colonel Sanders for a bucket of the real original-recipe chicken.  I recall that the flick has been featured at that box office for over half a year.

• Like 1
On 11/21/2015 at 8:42 AM, markhollin said:

Carrabas to move across the parking lot into the former Ruby Tuesday's location.  Now the question is, what will replace Carrabas' former spot?

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2015/11/20/green_hills_carrabbas_to_move_to_ex_ruby_tuesdays_space

The permit website is showing a 61,000 sqft plus Restoration Hardware....one of the new RH Galleries I guess. The address is 2101 Green Hills Village Drive.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Titans101 said:

Does anyone know or have pictures of what the progress is at The Mall at Green Hills for the new Dillards? Wasn't they suppose to build a new Dillards and knock down the old one to rebuild for new additions to the Mall?

Here ya go. This is from about 60 days ago.  Could've sworn I posted this, but apparently forgot.  Looking east along Abbott MartinRd. near the intersection with Hillsboro Circle at the new Dillards and parking garage underneath:

Green Hills Mall Dillards, Oct.JPG

Oh wow. It's almost done. Here in Houston. Neiman Marcus is literally right across the street from Dillards. It would be really nice if Neiman's, or Bloomingdale's opened in Nashville at that location. I guess sometimes in the near future. There should be some news on what will open once the next phase is complete.

On 12/2/2016 at 4:52 PM, MLBrumby said:

That really is a missed opportunity.  They should have put big windows that they could decorate through the different seasons. It'd be great advertising... but it is Dillards, after all! 

Boring.  It's just a stucco box. Not even any of their infamous "arches".

On 12/2/2016 at 3:30 PM, GreenHillsBoy said:

I drive by this everyday and it is HORRIBLE...big ugly box on a ugly parking garage.  They could not have made it any more plain with no significant detail of any kind.  I love living in Green Hills even with the traffic, but the whole mall area is as ugly as something you would see in a much smaller low income area.  I just can't understand the thinking that you do not have to have any aesthetics within the area instead we have multiple power lines, huge billboards, chain link fences on Hillsboro, way too many traffic lights, boxy plain department stores and even ugly parking garages.  It is clear that we have had little to no presence on the Metro council that has any ability to influence and the mall simply makes way too much money to care.  I understand the mall has a large number of stores that are in the top producing stores in the various companies that operate there. 

Yeah.They always like to be the "largest" store in any mall or center that they're in.  

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I do not think anything new has been released for the infill between the new Dillard's and the existing mall. Several years ago they released crude computer renderings of the new interior, but they basically looked like what is already there. I would imagine that the new exterior and interior will be more of the same.

I did hear that the new Dillard's will open March 30th/31st. I have low expectations for the new Dillard's interior. The mall will likely have some kind of announcement at that time. I'm hearing that the new addition will take 2-3 years. They will likely excavate for more parking, extending the new garage under Dillard's, which will take time. I do hope that they figure out a covered route from the new Dillard's and relatively new adjacent garage to the existing mall.