Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

It appears very similar to their Note 16 development on Music Row; I doubt it will have commercial space. This company doesn't care about street presence.

Evidently.  If that rendering is to be considered accurate, there doesn't appear to really be anything, not even a lobby entrance, that addresses the street.  Just a strip of grass and wall that is, for all intents and purposes, blank.  Hell, they might as well just back it up from the street fifty feet and put parking and a wall out front, because it appears they're completely missing the point of building close to the street.  I consider projects like these to be pretender urban developments that are really just half a step away from the standard suburban garden style apartment complex.   

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the general opinion of this area is in Nashville, but I personally quite like the old strip of businesses on Charlotte Ave. between 48th and 51st Street.  I worry though, like I worry about the strip in Elliston Place, that their future is in jeopardy just because they aren't particularly 'pretty.'  I'm concerned that another company like Stonehenge that cares only about the bottom line and not about the neighborhood itself is going to snatch up those lots and demolish them.  Is that a valid concern?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

And Chinatown.  Screw MNPS.

Note that the Green Hills Transportation Plan that was approved by MPC and Council earlier this year includes the creation of cross-Hillsboro roads going through the edges of the Hillsboro High School property and some of the commercial properties along Hillsboro.  That is a huge document and I cannot remember where all of the proposed locations were, exactly.  But do I understand this board to be advocating against the creation of cross-Hillsboro connections in the interest of preserving a Chinese restaurant and a donut shop?   

• Like 2

Anybody want to volunteer to go to this and report back? Bellevue to me is like, "well, I might as well keep driving on to Memphis to visit family..."

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26817310/plans-announced-to-redevelop-bellevue-mall

How many proposals for redevelopment have their been since the early 2000s, and even late 90s? Has to have been about one every 3 years or so.  I'll believe it when I see it, in other words.

Hillsboro plan is much better than expected, some much needed gridded connectivity.  The roads there right now are a mess, they shouldn't be adding more density without big road improvements.  This plan does that, so now developing the Hillsboro Pike frontage of the high school makes more sense.

Still needs:

A similar aligning of Crestmoor with Glen Echo.  That would eliminate a light and most of the weaving and clogging on Hillsboro Pike that comes from all these streets dead ending on it.

Take a sliver of those rat trap apts/condos so as to align Lone Oak with Hillmont.

And then maybe a 3rd lane in each direction on Hillsboro Pike from 440 to at least Crestmoor, preferably Green Hills or Abbott Martin.  This lessens the temptation to use the backroads (which as long as it stays 2-lanes includes Woodmont) that can get clogged and irritate local residents.

Do all that and a lot more density could be accomodated.