smeagolsfree

Green Hills/Belle Meade Projects

GBT continues its aggressive investment into the area by purchasing the approx. 1/2 acre site of former fire station at 2025 Richard Jones Rd. for $4 million.  This is immediately north of the 18 story Vertis Green Hills apartment tower.  No word on their plans just yet.

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21073261/exgreen-hills-fire-station-sells-for-4m

And at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/06/14/old-green-hills-fire-station-sells-developer/1455488001/Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 10.51.56 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 10.53.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 7.52.21 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A sign on the door at Colt's Chocolates in The Gulch says, "Closed for moving.  Look for us soon in Green Hills Mall."  Has anyone heard about this?  Do you have an idea where they might go in the mall?

4 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

A sign on the door at Colt's Chocolates in The Gulch says, "Closed for moving.  Look for us soon in Green Hills Mall."  Has anyone heard about this?  Do you have an idea where they might go in the mall?

I think Colt’s is moving their production facility to the old Piggly Wiggly in Inglewood.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

There has been a permit out there for Colts in the mall. Seems like it was a kiosk....but I can’t remember for sure. I can’t check it at the moment, but I’ll try to look it up later.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3667331?page=555&searchText=2126 Abbott Martin&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=dateIssued ASC

• Thanks 1

Lipscomb Academy is starting a $6.5 million expansion of their Lower School (2 year-olds to 4th graders) at 4517 Granny White Pike. It will include 22,000 sq. ft. of new space and 1,500 sq. ft. of renovation. 3 homes facing Harding Lane will be torn down as part of the project.  Should be complete by fall of 2020.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21073345/lipscomb-academy-eyes-2020-finish-for-upgrades

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, render 2 .png

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, render 1  .png

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, site map .png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Manning (7 & 4 stories, 36 units) at 120 Woodmont Blvd. has secured a $55.7 million construction loan from Simmons Bank out of Little Rock, AR. A completion date of late 2020 is still set. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21074094/ballpark-building-lands-bowl-business

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, markhollin said:

Lipscomb Academy is starting a $6.5 million expansion of their Lower School (2 year-olds to 4th graders) at 4517 Granny White Pike. It will include 22,000 sq. ft. of new space and 1,500 sq. ft. of renovation. 3 homes facing Harding Lane will be torn down as part of the project.  Should be complete by fall of 2020.

Lipscomb Academy, June 13, 2019, site map .png

The 3 homes in the lower right facing Harding Pl were torn down 3 or 4 weeks ago and all the trees cut down.      Grading is well underway.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went by the Malls new expansion area on Sunday. Very nice with lots of new seating areas (with power for charging). Not a lot open in the new area but if all the signage is correct it will be fairly full by the holidays.

One downside, it was 90+ outside and very warm inside with all the skylights and sun pouring in. That was an issue in the older part (on hot days) that I'd hope they'd have fixed.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Went by the Malls new expansion area on Sunday. Very nice with lots of new seating areas (with power for charging). Not a lot open in the new area but if all the signage is correct it will be fairly full by the holidays.

One downside, it was 90+ outside and very warm inside with all the skylights and sun pouring in. That was an issue in the older part (on hot days) that I'd hope they'd have fixed.

My wife and I walked through there Friday evening and I got the same impression you did.  Instead of sunshine and heat, we spent 20 minutes in a back tunnel during the tornado warning.

Looking at the new eating choices, I think Chopt will do very well in this mall.  For years, there has been no quick place to grab a decent bite to eat.

• Like 1

I used to work with the mall under previous ownership(s) and they were loath to have any food options. They never wanted a food court or anything beyond unique offerings (like Nashville's first Cheesecake Factory). Now they need to fill the spaces. I agree that Chopt should do well. 

• Like 1