smeagolsfree

Green Hills/Belle Meade Projects

A 2 story building is going up at 5113 (?) Harding Pike.

Looking NE from Harding Pike, 1 block north of Harding Place:

5113 Harding Place, June 30, 2019.jpg

• Like 1

Building permits - Amazon is building out a 4000 sf+/- space in the Mall at Green Hills. They apparently have 4 types of brick and mortar stores. It will be interesting to see what we get.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Building permits - Amazon is building out a 4000 sf+/- space in the Mall at Green Hills. They apparently have 4 types of brick and mortar stores. It will be interesting to see what we get.

Looks like it might be one of their book stores. Here are the plans and it references "book carts" in the drawings.

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=229919

The Post has determined that there will, indeed, be an Amazon store of some type at Green Hills Mall.  Not sure if permanent or a pop-up location.  TPG Architecture is handling the space, and Bacon Construction is the contractor. A permit of $490,000 was issued for a 4,600 sq. ft. space that was previously a Z Gallerie.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21082733/amazon-to-take-green-hills-mall-space

• Like 2

Although I'm a little dubious about how successful a bookstore can be in today's electronic reader world, I think if this concept were to fail, Amazon has a wealth of other concepts /items they could sell at this location.

4 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

Although I'm a little dubious about how successful a bookstore can be in today's electronic reader world, I think if this concept were to fail, Amazon has a wealth of other concepts /items they could sell at this location.

I've never been to one of their bookstores...but something tells me they do them a little differently. 

Hillsboro HS expansion/remodel (4 and 2 stories, $89 million) update. Portions are already open. 

Looking east from Hillsboro Pike, 1/2 block north of Abbott Martin Rd:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from Hillsboro Pike, 1/2 block south of Glen Echo Rd:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking east from Hillsboro Pike, 1/2 block south of Glen Echo Rd:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking SE from student parking lot off of Hillsboro Pike on north end of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 4jpg.jpg

Looking south from student parking lot off of Glen Echo Rd., 1/2 block east of Hillsboro Pike:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 5.jpg

Looking south from student parking lot on NE side of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 6.jpg

Looking NW from internal driveway at center of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 7.jpg

Looking SW from internal driveway at center of campus:

Hillsboro HS, Aug 7, 2019, 8.jpg

• Like 2

They just took down all the trees in front of Hillsboro High school today. They were the last of the mature tress on Hillsboro Road, really changes the look of the area now for the worse.  The area is going to be a MTA bus transfers station and Uber/Lyft drop off area, should help traffic ;)

IMG_2788.thumb.jpg.d4586785dc8c6e25d596ad90c045c925.jpg

Before , There were about 6 to 7 trees, much worse than the riverfront cherry trees IMHO

e2019-08-28_16-18-29.thumb.png.523332726d1dc13e6f56f1fac50a175f.png

Edited by leggy77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, leggy77 said:

They just took down all the trees in front of Hillsboro High school today. They were the last of the mature tress on Hillsboro Road, really changes the look of the area now for the worse.  The area is going to be a MTA bus transfers station and Uber/Lyft drop off area, should help traffic ;)

Before , There were about 6 to 7 trees, much worse than the riverfront cherry trees IMHO

They were hackberries, but unfortunately they were the only trees on the front campus.    Hopefully they will replace them with some new and better trees as part of the new landscaping.    

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Per the Crate & Barrel website, the Mall at Green Hills location opens September 19th. 

I haven't been in that mall in about 3 years, but this might be what gets me back there at least once.

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

IMO, the mall is much improved with major construction completed. Parking is much better. They are in the process of adding more stores and more importantly , nicer restaurants.  That seems to be a way many malls are trying to increase traffic, by adding more upscale eating options in the hope that diners will then walk the mall. 

Parking is MUCH better. The new addition is very easy to get to from the underground garage. 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 11:34 AM, markhollin said:

Work is underway on the new 23,500 sq. ft. Trader Joe's at 90 White Bridge Rd. at the Lion's Head Village shopping mall. It is the slot that was once Lion's Head Cinemas, and most recently an office furniture store.  An $800,000 permit has been issued for the build out. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21074120/work-to-begin-on-trader-joes-space

Does anyone have an update on the TJ's on White Bridge Road?  I don't get out that way often but I will once this store opens!  Parking at the other TJ's is beyond dangerous.

49 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Does anyone have an update on the TJ's on White Bridge Road?  I don't get out that way often but I will once this store opens!  Parking at the other TJ's is beyond dangerous.

When I spoke with one of the workers at the Green Hills location last week, he told me some of the workers were beginning to transfer to the White Bridge location as early as this week. I guess this is a good sign things are moving along.

He didn't know the grand opening date yet, but he did say he didn't believe they have too much work left to do other than signage and whatnot. I'm assuming there was less work for TJs  at that location since the space was already being prepped for Fresh Market before they backed out.

Edited by ariesjow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I asked about this on a trip to the GH Trader Joe’s today.  He said the new store opening on White Bridge Road is planned for mid October.  

Edited by dxfret
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I will still be surprised if the keep the GH store open. They are so close together and parking is so tight at the GH loctaion, it just seems this would be a better choice for them.

I try to avoid GH like the plague. Traffic is such a pain even getting in the back roads anymore. I go to the Whole foods some but when the one downtown opens, buh bye GH.

• Like 1

Trader Joe’s has no plans to close its Green Hills location.  It’s one of their largest and best performing stores in the Southeast.  The location is  especially well positioned to serve affluent Williamson County.

• Like 4

I'm a bit surprised Trader Joe's hasn't already opened more stores in the Nashville area based on the massive success of the one in Green Hills.

• Like 3