Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

I surprise a lot of folks with my knowledge of Nashville. I also know a lot of the back roads better than most of the natives here too.

I saw Michael Kenner today and he said as far as he knew the project was supposed to moving forward. On a side note I have hear that the developer refused to talk with the neighbors about the design. Working with the neighborhood groups is of utmost importance and will make you more successful in the long-run.

I drove past the site today, they have the footers poured, cinder blocks delivered have begun building the foundation. Looks like this project is well under way, very excited for it. 

I agree that getting input from the neighborhood residents can be beneficial, but I don't really blame the developer for refusing to get input on his project. The project on 51st & Illinois came with so much scrutiny over 2 parking spots that I could see why a developer doesn't want to be ridiculed for spending his/her money, time, and effort to better the neighborhood. 

Michael also has a container project slated for 60th and Morrow. This was reported last year I think but I have seen his renderings and would be very cool as would be his planned use of materials at the 51st and ILL. site. I cannot shed details out of respect for him.

Are you eluding to the fact that Michael's mix use project on 51st and Illinois will be a shipping container type design? 

No, not at all. I was just stating a fact about the container project. Sorry, I did not mean to imply that.

Ok - Cool. you had me confused a little bit there ha. 

Side note - small article on The Nations in the Tennessean from yesterday 

http://www.tennessean.com/get-access/?return=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tennessean.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Flocal%2F2015%2F08%2F20%2Fchange-only-constant-nations%2F31981769%2F

Mixed used development on the corner of Michigan and Morrow Ave in the Nations Neighborhood. 

http://carbineandassociates.com/unique-mixed-use-kenrow-corner-unveiled-in-the-nations/ 

IMG_4258 (1).JPG

IMG_4259 (1).JPG

IMG_4263 (1).JPG

IMG_4264 (1).JPG

West Mill Town Homes on 57th Ave in the Nations Neighborhood. 

http://www.urbandalenations.com/new-blog-1/ 

IMG_4266 (2).JPG

IMG_4268 (2).JPG

IMG_4265 (3).JPG

IMG_4270 (3).JPG

Edited by Andrew_3289

While browsing the Hastings Architects web site, I ran across some additional renderings for the Southern Lands development I had not seen before. They feature an 18 story concept.

Southern%20Lands%20Green%20Hills_zpsnqze

It is a fairly dense development.

D'oh! Misspelled Hillsboro!! 

It appears to be two buildings.  I can make out the first two photos as reverse angles of each other, but not so sure about the last photo (bottom right). Is that looking at the tall building from the inside of the angled L building that will front along H'boro and Richard Jones?  If so, the details of the lower portion of the tall building appear to have been changed somewhat from the original rendering.  Bottom line... I'm guessing we are seeing a blend of the old and new renderings.  

On a related note: does anyone know the status of the road realignments being discussed in GH?  

Edited by MLBrumby

It appears to be two buildings.  I can make out the first two photos as reverse angles of each other, but not so sure about the last photo (bottom right). Is that looking at the tall building from the inside of the angled L building that will front along H'boro and Richard Jones?  If so, the details of the lower portion of the tall building appear to have been changed somewhat from the original rendering.  Bottom line... I'm guessing we are seeing a blend of the old and new renderings.  

On a related note: does anyone know the status of the road realignments being discussed in GH?  

Actually, that was my mistake!

I know the feeling, but your mistake was convincing because it looked so authentic. (sort of wish it were the plan).

But on MLBrumby's related note, I have yet to hear anything at all about any start on street realignment, period, in G-H, beyond the general approval of the Grand Trans Plan, last year or so.  You'd think that the city wouldn't wait until they had full funding to perform the entire massive makeover, and I suspect that Southern Lands will probably only pile a heap into an escrow account for future pub-works action at point in time undetermined.  That's just what I'm thinking, right or wrong, but Richard Jones and Abbott-Martin Roads just can't wait too much longer, not to mention the portions of the master plan to cut secondary or service roads through the set-back retail along eastern side of Hillsboro Rd., south of Southern Land, to redirect some of the turning activity away from the main thoroughfare.
-==-

• Like 1

I know the feeling, but your mistake was convincing because it looked so authentic. (sort of wish it were the plan).

-==-

The renderings I put on the card are the official, current plan as far as I know. I just put them all on one card to make it easier to post. They certainly give a different perspective than anything I've seen before.

• Like 1

Has anyone driven within that new parking complex between that Regal Cinema and what remains of the former South Central Bell bldg and Cleghorn Ave., lately?  Last night I was just "nomad-ing" around and noticed just how enormous it is so far, with the new drive alley between two garages leading from the Hampton Inn and current ped bridges (at least one to nowhere, the other to Dillards).  At the current size, they might even need some kind of tram to convey "heavy-laden" shoppers.  They are going to have some issue with "intramural" congestion at the confluence of the drives between the garages and from the mall to Cleghorn, during certain periods, and it would be interesting to see how that turns out (actually having to be in it).  I did also notice that second big-ass tower crane. looming over head with warning lights.  Seems awesome with that thing poised way up there in inner space -- made me almost lose my balance just trying to focus up onto it in the darkness, while walking within the Kroger lot.
-==-

Edited by rookzie

Have the complete plans for the mall (beyond Dillards' relocation) even been announced to the public?  I don't recall. 

I don't think so. Of course there are rumors of another anchor tenant (Neiman Marcus), but I'm not sure how solid those rumors are. It may be up in the air until Dillards is well underway.

• Like 1

New 'upscale' dive bar to open in the Nations neighborhood. Says they are shooting for an early November opening date, seems overly optimistic to me...

http://nashville.eater.com/2015/9/11/9309061/centennial-bar-the-nations 

Here's a screen shot of the street view where the bar will be (building on the right) 

dive bar.JPG