smeagolsfree

Green Hills/Belle Meade Projects

On 10/31/2019 at 6:10 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Retailer Golden Goose taking space at GHM. Still not sure if it is a pop up or permanent. They are only in very select cities.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/apparel/article/21094924/highend-italian-sneaker-retailer-nashville-bound

In looking at the construction drawings (epermits), I'd say this is a permanent site. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rolly said:

Why don't they just use cloud services for hosting and Kindle readers for viewing?  I guess people want physical. 

I went in about 10:15 Saturday morning and it there was a crowd. I was thinking the same thing, but actually seeing the books gave me ideas on things to read that I’d not have just looking online. They also sell lots a things that aren’t books. 
I’ll also add that the look of the store is pretty minimalist. Concrete floors, black ceiling, black walls and mostly black fixtures. For me it was less “minimalist chic” and more - we just didn’t want to spend much money. That works in some venues but I expect a little more in the Mall at GH. The NYC store I saw this summer wasn’t so stark. Just my opinion....

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

For me it was less “minimalist chic” and more - we just didn’t want to spend much money. That works in some venues but I expect a little more in the Mall at GH. 

I vaguely remember reading some sort of national business story months ago that said these physical Amazon stores are intended to be temporary and not necessarily long-term. I'm not 100% sure on that, but it would help explain the minimalist design.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, leggy77 said:

From permits looks like Burger Fi is opening a spot in the GH Mall near Chopt and Cava

Where are all these permits listed?

Gucci opened in the Mall at GH just before Christmas. It's a significant retailer for Nashville to get, prestige wise. Not my price point, but it looked nice.

Golden Goose opened too, 2 doors down. $500 running shoes, $70 laces....Not my price points either....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2019 at 8:49 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Ouch! Seventy dollar shoe laces. I feel ripped when I pay 200 for a pair of New Balance Shoes but you only have one pair of feet.

$200 for New Balance?? You’re shopping in the wrong places :tw_tounge_wink:. I don’t think I’ve ever gone over $100 for New Balance and that’s the only sneakers I buy. 

The former Monroe Harding Children's Services 22 acre campus at 1120 Glendale Lane  has been sold for $5.9 million.  It includes 7 structures, some dating back to 1935.  An LLC associated with Austin Pennington is the buyer.  They have plans for a 31 home subdivision.  No word on if they plan on keeping any of the existing buildings. The Children's service has been located in MetroCenter for several years now. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21108602/exmonroe-harding-campus-sells-for-59m

1120 Glendale, Monroe Harding Campus, Jan 6, 2020, site 1.png

1120 Glendale, Monroe Harding Campus, Jan 6, 2020, site 2.png

1120 Glendale, Monroe Harding Campus, Jan 6, 2020, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2020 at 5:24 PM, leggy77 said:

Anyone have an update on the CVS/Krystal's two step?

It is probably delayed as I think that may be a Metro project and not a state project, so we all know how that goes.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, leggy77 said:

Anyone have an update on the CVS/Krystal's two step?

Not sure what that is but Krystal is rumored to be declaring bankruptcy... now that's probably for a sale. If true, their decline can be traced to leaving Chattanooga (j/k).

• Thanks 1

The metro property information says CVS now owns the Krystal property. I’ve heard that they want the adjacent property too and that property owner refuses to sell. They may feel they wouldn’t have enough land for a store and parking without it. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update on Krystal/CVS. Can we start a gofundme to buy Shalimar/and alterations shop and then sell to CVS /s

Also hearing the Krystal in Belle Meade and the bank next door will be a Chick-Fil-a and a Starbucks, should help traffic at the split.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the update on Krystal/CVS. Can we start a gofundme to buy Shalimar/and alterations shop and then sell to CVS /s
Also hearing the Krystal in Belle Meade and the bank next door will be a Chick-Fil-a and a Starbucks, should help traffic at the split.

That seems like a logical replacement. That whole stretch in Belle Meade has surprised me since I moved to town. It seems a location you would expect some much higher end development.
  • Like 1