smeagolsfree

Green Hills/Belle Meade Projects

7 hours ago, dxfret said:

Belle Meade Country Club does not discriminate admission to its facilities if you are an invited guest of a member, or attending a public/private function held there.   To state that one is not is not allowed to enter due to ethnicity is totally wrong. 

They wouldn’t let me or my family in because we are Hispanic and this was circa 2006. 

To my memory, Belle Meade CC's first non-white member was likely 30 years ago, but I remember later news stories that it was only one, for a long while, and they actually lived in Atlanta, so didn't visit often. It's also true that it was a WASP membership with Woodmont Country Club being the city's predominately Jewish country club. In my youth it was on Woodmont Blvd. where Sugartree now sits. It moved in the early 70's to Sneed Road in Williamson County. By that point, it had become pretty open to anyone due to membership drops.

I also expect an admonition to take this conversation to the Coffee House.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

Hobnobish Country Clubs are a waste of money. Even if I had the money I am the type of person that would be more anti social and tell the hob nobbers to stick it. 

I would not be the one that would drive a luxury car either. Its just not who I am. To throw the racial, religious, social, & genetic pedigree superiority into the mix is something I would not want to have anything to do with. Besides I hate the game of golf and as some of you know me I say the two biggest wastes of land IMO are golf courses and grave yards. The game of golf is a waste of land and water resources.

Besides when doing ones family tree, there are always surprises for those WASP when they find Jewish, non white, horse thieving, murdering ancestors in the family tree. That is the first thing they try to cover up. There are always a few nuts in the tree as well.

I am sure there are some people that think they are truly good people but are so misinformed about their worldly views you would never convince them they are wrong.

• Like 1

Iroquois (2 stories, office/retail) update.  Topped out.

Looking SW from Sperry's parking lot, 1/2 block south of Leake Ave, 1/4 block east of HW 70 South:

Iroquois, Jan 7, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking NE from Hwy 70 South, 1/2 block south of Leake Ave:

Iroquois, Jan 7, 2020, 2.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 8:13 AM, markhollin said:

The state is selling (by sealed bid) a 6 acre site with 12 buildings at 3411 Belmont Blvd, near the NW corner of the intersection of Belmont Blvd. and Woodmont Blvd.  The oldest structure on the lot is The Yellow House, which was erected in 1920. Most of the buildings (some built as late as 1977) are in disrepair. An offering memo states, “The buildings are set up for institutional use [and] consist of administrative buildings, residences (both dorms and duplexes), classrooms, a gymnasium and storage buildings."

It would seem that a developer would raze the structures and build a residential project.  Hopefully there would be a way to at least incorporate TheYellow House.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21110098/state-to-take-bids-on-green-hills-properties

3411 Belmont Blvd, Jan 13, 2020, site.png

3411 Belmont Blvd, Jan 13, 2020, site map.png

3411 Belmont Blvd, Jan 13, 2020, site map 2.png

what was this.  I drive by all the time but never noticed until a few weeks ago when i pulled over onto Richards st to re adjust something in my trunk that was making noise.   ive actually been meaning to ask on here since then.

The Manning (7 and 4 stories, 36 luxury condos) update.  Foundational walls underway.

Looking NE from intersection of Woodmont Blvd. and Park Manor Blvd:

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 7.07.27 PM.png

Looking SE from intersection of Woodmont Blvd. and Park Manor Blvd:

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 7.07.36 PM.png

• Like 2

Woodmont Christian Church addition update. Topped out.

Looking SW from Hillsboro Rd., 1/2 block south of Woodmont Blvd:

Woodmont Christian Church, addition, march 4, 2020.jpg

• Like 2

Lipscomb Academy expansion (one floor, 22, 000 sq. ft.) update.

Looking SW from Granny White Pike, near intersection with Biltmore Drive:

Lipscomb Academy, March 21, 2020.jpg

• Like 2

The Manning (7 & 4 stories, 36 luxury condos) update.  Foundation walls in place, pillars starting to rise.

Looking NW from Woodmont Blvd., 1/2 block south of Park Manor Blvd:

The Manning, March 29, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking north from Woodmont Blvd., 1/2 block south of Park Manor Blvd:

The Manning, March 29, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from intersection of Woodmont Blvd. and Park Manor Blvd:

The Manning, March 29, 2020, 3.jpg

• Like 1