Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Love me some Arnold's!  I am equidistant between both locations…so now have a nice option.  Best Meat 'n' Three in Nashville. : )

If only Arnold's could remain at that Retired Teachers' tower with a lease agreement extending longer than the tenancy previously held by Swett's and by Sylvan Park Diner, respectively, neither of these last two of which I could have cared less for.  If we're going to get something good for a change, then I only hope that we could hold onto something good (for a change).  I also would hope that the lessor in this case has not set some unreasonable terms or untenable arrangement in the details of a contract.  Finally I hope that an Arnold's can do well at a Green Hills location, as even nearby Kroger seems to have capitalized on the mid-day lunch demand in that district. This should make it sustainable, than the resident retirees themselves (who seem to wolf down less, as they age with their dentures).
-==-

Historic Belle Meade Town Center hits the market.  Loved the old Belle Meade Theater that is part of this.  Saw many a film there in days gone by.  Would love if they could somehow re-introduce that…but the interior is probably too ravaged at this point to attempt such.  

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/11/12/historic-belle-meade-town-center-hits-market/75671428/

It would make a nice restaurant (and/or music venue, if the Meadites can stomach it) in the same vein as Sinema and the Melrose Theatre. Maybe a better name, though. Sinema sounds like a bad strip club.

• Like 1

On September 27, 2015 6:36:58 PM, MetroTN said:

Any plans for the old Ruby Tuesday near the mall? I was by there yesterday and noticed it was being demolished. 

Carrabas to move across the parking lot into the former Ruby Tuesday's location.  Now the question is, what will replace Carrabas' former spot?

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2015/11/20/green_hills_carrabbas_to_move_to_ex_ruby_tuesdays_space

• Like 1

On October 6, 2015 8:29:07 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Strip center at 5319 Charlotte Ave. sold for $1.2 million to Hardy and Elisabeth Ross. Auto body shop RDR Autoworks, Graves Vacuum and Universal Wireless are tenants at that address. The 6,198 square-foot strip shopping center sits on a 0.72-acre tract. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/11/29/sylvan-park-strip-shopping-center-sold/76542800/

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rookzie said:

I figure that within 10-15 years, this entire segment of the Nations could become transformed, such that the nearby silo could become a focal point of some developer's brain-child and creativity for mixed use.  Problem is, it's too close to that BP tank farm (formerly Gulf), for the foreseeable likelihood of that conception.  Just a thought, though. -==-

Former Continental Grain Silo, 51st Ave. N.

Silo_Continental_51stAve-b.JPG.baa6c574f

...and, future LRT access! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

The best bookstore in Nashville, Parnassus, is doubling in size:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2015/12/03/parnassus-books-plans-expansion/76743570/

It's great to hear of a bookstore that is actually thriving and expanding.  Most of the time I news on bookstores it's that they're downsizing or closing altogether.  Damn you Kindle!!!

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

It's great to hear of a bookstore that is actually thriving and expanding.  Most of the time I news on bookstores it's that they're downsizing or closing altogether.  Damn you Kindle!!!

That's true with the big bookstores for sure. I think Parnassus has found a nice little niche. And Davis-Kidd left a pretty big void to begin with.

• Like 3

From Gethan Ward at The Tennessean:

Ardavan Afrakhteh today filed with the Metro Planning Commission seeking a specific plan-residential zoning for 4.75 acres in Nashville’s Charlotte Avenue corridor to permit a multifamily development. That project site for what’s being called Sky Nashville runs along 33rd Avenue North, 35th Avenue North, Trevor Street and Delaware Avenue, south of Interstate 40.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, markhollin said:

From Gethan Ward at The Tennessean:

Ardavan Afrakhteh today filed with the Metro Planning Commission seeking a specific plan-residential zoning for 4.75 acres in Nashville’s Charlotte Avenue corridor to permit a multifamily development. That project site for what’s being called Sky Nashville runs along 33rd Avenue North, 35th Avenue North, Trevor Street and Delaware Avenue, south of Interstate 40.

That is up on the hill. It will be interesting to see what he builds there.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

That is up on the hill. It will be interesting to see what he builds there.

Yep, it's basically the view of same downtown as you merge onto I-440E from 40E on your left side except from an even higher vantage point. Probably my favorite view of Nashville which shows off all of the recent growth of SoBro/The Gulch combined with downtown. 

With nearly 5 acres of land to work with, that site has a ton of residential potential.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 3