Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

I quoted the description of the change to the community plan below.  For R6 zoning at 4.75 acres they could create 34 lots and each of those could have two units, so they can have up to 68 units if zoning stays "as is" by right if my math is correct. T4 NE allows for RM40 which would equate to 190 units by way of either an SP or an RM40 zoning change. T4 NE allows for up to 5 stories, so from the interstate it would have to be at least 6 stories in order for them to seek a policy change. I would bet that it is three stories on the interior and 6-8 from the interstate because the hill falls toward the interstate.  

Application scope:

A request to amend the West Nashville Community Plan to permit three visible basement levels along interstate-facing facades for a portion of the T4 Neighborhood Evolving Policy Area for 24 properties located along 35th Avenue North, Trevor Street, Delaware Avenue, and 33rd Avenue North,  zoned R6 (4.41 acres), requested by Dale & Associates, applicant; Hill 33, LLC, owner (See Associated Specific Plan Case # 2016SP-004-001).

From the Community Plan Amendment application:

How does the existing land use policy (or other plan provision) restrict the envisioned development?

"The specific plan associated w/ this request couples w/ the density and design parameters of the urban neighborhood evolving policy.  However, the cornerstone multi-fam building exceeds the NE height standards for the facades only visible from the I-40/I-440 interchange side."

How will the proposed community character policy (or other amendment) benefit the development envisioned?

"The amendment would permit 3 basement levels to be visible along the interstate sides - facades proposed as residential units that will not be visible from the interior."

How will the proposed community character policy (or other amendment) enhance the character of the area?

"The concept of the "Sky Nashville" SP is to construct an iconic multi-family building w/ the majority of its visibility being on the interstate side. The SP further works w/ the site's natural topography & presents comparable product to that which exists along Trevor St and 35th Ave N."

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

From Gethan Ward at The Tennessean:

Ardavan Afrakhteh today filed with the Metro Planning Commission seeking a specific plan-residential zoning for 4.75 acres in Nashville’s Charlotte Avenue corridor to permit a multifamily development. That project site for what’s being called Sky Nashville runs along 33rd Avenue North, 35th Avenue North, Trevor Street and Delaware Avenue, south of Interstate 40.

That used to be my smoke hill, some 40+ years ago.  I gave up smoking a decade and a half ago; now I gotta give up the hill. -==-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The arguments against it sounded like the same old anti-change do gooders that oppose many of these projects. I know it sucks being a resident of a fast growing area, but that's life. Not enough green area? I don't think that will ever be a problem anywhere in Nashville, but then again, I speak from the perspective of someone who lived out west where trees and green stuff is a lot more scarce.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Philip said:

The arguments against it sounded like the same old anti-change do gooders that oppose many of these projects. I know it sucks being a resident of a fast growing area, but that's life. Not enough green area? I don't think that will ever be a problem anywhere in Nashville, but then again, I speak from the perspective of someone who lived out west where trees and green stuff is a lot more scarce.

The day the rendering for this project was announced there were 100+ Sylvan Park residents on the nextdoor.com site rallying a petition to stop the project. Same old complaints, parking (even though an onsite parking garage is planned), traffic congestion, and not enough trees.

I don't understand these people, the Madison Mill is an eye sore and simply knocking it down would be a great improvement. Just another "cut your nose off to spite your face" situation in sylvan park. 

• Like 3

On December 2, 2015 at 8:37:57 AM, Andrew_3289 said:

Last month the developer who purchased the 6 acres of land that includes the tower came to our neighborhood meeting. They shared with us what their plan was for the 6 acres, which in a nut shell will be a massive mix use development with hundreds of apartments, dozens of town homes, and single family homes along the Cumberland river. Also there will be retail and restaurants, along with ample green space and a green way through out. They showed us their initial renderings of the project and they plan to refurbish the tower and use it as a "beacon" for the area. 

I have heard rumors of putting condo's in this silo for years.

12 minutes ago, Paramount747 said:

I have heard rumors of putting condo's in this silo for years.

They aren't planning on putting anything in silo, just cleaning it up and putting the name of the mix use area on it or something along those lines. Essentially using it as a landmark to promote the area. 

4 hours ago, Andrew_3289 said:

The day the rendering for this project was announced there were 100+ Sylvan Park residents on the nextdoor.com site rallying a petition to stop the project. Same old complaints, parking (even though an onsite parking garage is planned), traffic congestion, and not enough trees.

I don't understand these people, the Madison Mill is an eye sore and simply knocking it down would be a great improvement. Just another "cut your nose off to spite your face" situation in sylvan park. 

Some would rather have an eyesore. If they want green space, tell them to move to Thompson Station. I get tied of these selfish NIMBY's.

• Like 3

Occupants for the Sylvan Heights Hill Center have been formally announced. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/08/wine-bar-farm-burger-and-double-dogs-coming-sylvan-heights/76979292/

Pretty happy with the new additions to the neighborhood. Sports bar, fancied up burger joint, and a wine bar with a bunch of fancy overpriced food and drinks that I'm sure my wife will love and drag me to on occasion. 

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

This article will come off paid wall soon. This is the project on the hill.

114 multi housing units and 29 free standing homes.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2015/12/8/residential_project_eyed_for_west_side_hill_offering_sweeping_views

Here are the renderings:

fu2N6gP.png

jGerlXG.png

yyK0awU.png

well this is just awesome, id be curious what the price per sq/ft in this place will be.

Edited by Andrew_3289

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Wow, finally down... Still seems like yesterday I was with my family Christmas shopping there.

Yeah, it still seems bizarre to me too.  The vision of it I had in my head was still as the 'shiny new mall.'  Since my family lived on the northeast side of town when I lived there, it was probably the mall we got to the least, so for some reason there was always an aura of newness and excitement when we went out there.  Now it's a pile of rubble.  Weird.

Seems strange.  I remember going there back in 91 after it had opened and thinking how nice of a mall it was. I never thought it would meet the fate that it did. At least something good is finally being put in this location. I hope it is a sign of better things to come for that area of Bellevue. 

• Like 1

William Williams reports in the Nashville Post that Brentwood-based H. Michael Hindman Architects has released the first image for One Bellevue Place, the mixed-used project that will result in the redevelopment of the former Bellevue Mall.

The firm is teaming with developer Crosland Southeast and with Hawkins Partners, Barge Cauthen & Associates, Entech Engineering and EMC Structural Engineers.

Bellevue Mall.png

• Like 3