Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...
Well, looks like the neat old stone TDOT building is gonna go. It's a shame...but structurally unsound sounds like it would be more trouble than it is worth to save.

Seems like the state doesn't take great care of their buildings...

The Sheds looks like a nice project.

Radical. I like it.

WW

May the Hull never fall.

Anyone know if the architect for this house is the same as the arthitect(s) of those houses on the nearby ridge (just outside of I-440) off of Charlotte?  I haven't been out there in a couple of  years, but there used to be about a dozen or so modern (urban) homes.  Have any been added since then? 

Edited by MLBrumby

Hello! Just rediscovering the Urban Planet forums. After the development siesta several years back, I kinda just forgot about it. Anyway, glad to see positive activity and a lot of the old members still involved.

Has anyone heard what the status is on the proposed roundabout in Sylvan Park? Last I heard was the plan had been approved, but no word on it actually going forward. As one who sits at that stop light on a regular basis, I'd love to know that it was going to happen. I remember there being issues with some of the commercial tenants (mainly parking), but seems like an agremeent had been reached.

correctomundo. yes the roundabout is funded and is currently going through the final site plans/drawings/etc. There was a committee formed at the end of last year amongst residents and retailers on how best to address the issues at Murphy/46th (parking/traffic/pedestrian safety). The revised plan that they came up with is a good one IMHO. (I'll see if I can post it)

From what I've heard, construction is slated to begin sometime this summer. Probably take 6-8 months to complete.

correctomundo. yes the roundabout is funded and is currently going through the final site plans/drawings/etc. There was a committee formed at the end of last year amongst residents and retailers on how best to address the issues at Murphy/46th (parking/traffic/pedestrian safety). The revised plan that they came up with is a good one IMHO. (I'll see if I can post it)

From what I've heard, construction is slated to begin sometime this summer. Probably take 6-8 months to complete.

I knew if there was info to be had on this, I would find it within this site. Thanks guys!! 

• 3 weeks later...

The Tennessean tackles the resurgence of The Nations.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130407/LIFE04/304070057/The-Nations-rise-again

I read that. It's mindblowing how quickly some things are changing. It tells you something about how popular neighborhoods are in the inner city when new houses in The Nations are going for quite a bit more than larger houses in the "suburban" portions of the county. The housing market in the urban hoods seems to be going nova.
  • Like 1

There is also a bit of real estate industry hyperbole here. 

51st Avenue becoming the next Hillsboro Road?  That's a bit of a stretch.  I can see it becoming the next Porter Road, which was also a long-forgotten street until it became a retail and restaurant destination recently (old standby of Family Wash, plus Cafe Fundamental, Portobello East and the rest of the retail in Porter East).  

Also, I don't know the boundaries for sure, but are businesses on Charlotte truly in The Nations or does the Nations actually start north of I-40?  Would businesses on Charlotte, such as Headquarters Coffee at 4902 Charlotte, actually be in Sylvan Park?  I definitely get that the Stone Fox is in The Nations.

Either way, I'm glad that people are moving  to this neighborhood, which definitely has a lot of convenience.  Under $300K on the West Side is a good price point.  But I don't see people getting "priced out of East Nashville" moving out to the Nations for $300K:  Most housing in East Nashville (other than in Edgefield or Lockeland Springs) is in a similar or lower price range to what is quoted in this article. 

I read that. It's mindblowing how quickly some things are changing. It tells you something about how popular neighborhoods are in the inner city when new houses in The Nations are going for quite a bit more than larger houses in the "suburban" portions of the county. The housing market in the urban hoods seems to be going nova.