Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

New apartments across from Nashville West.  There is no rendering, but I suspect these will be typical suburban-style "garden" cr@p.   Speaking of cr@p, it's by Stonehenge...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/26/stonehenge-plans-250-apartments-charlotte-pike/79321982/  Personally, I really have no idea how far out this is, but I see it is west of 46th Avenue. 

Also, I seem to remember another recent announcement of around 65 townhouses "across Charlotte Avenue" from Nashville West.  Am I right?

These will be just past the white bridge road and Charlotte intersection (next to the Kroger). 

• Like 1

Update on Fat Bottom Brewery moving from east nashville to the nations neighborhood. quote is from a nextdoor.com post 

"Hey guys, my name is Zach Easterwood, and I'm in charge of brand development at Fat Bottom Brewing. Some of you may already know, but we are planning a move to 800 44th Ave this summer (FINALLY). 

Permits are filed, and we are beginning the demolition / construction phase. I've included a rendering to share our vision, and hope to share more as we receive. Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll
 do my best to respond. You can also email me if that's more your speed. 

[email protected]
 "

fat bottom.JPG

• Like 3

Hillsboro High School and it's campus will undergo an $83M renovation instead of selling off part of the land and building a more modern and efficient building. I'm torn on this as an alum, but this forever makes HHS a boon for Green Hills traffic as much as the mall does.

http://www.sxwnashville.com/neighbors-and-hoods/2016/1/27/school-board-approves-83-million-capital-request-to-renovate-hhs

?format=1000w

• Like 1

I would think bad for traffic around the beginning of the day (7:30-8:00) and end of the day (2:30-3:00) and good for traffic at all other times. 

I'm torn on this too. From a pro-development standpoint I would like to have some additional development fronting Hillsboro.  From a education/school perspective I think having the campus remain  there is best. 

In the end, doing what is right for the school and students is probably the best thing. 

• Like 1

Then they had best go back to the drawing board and start all over, because the previously approved G-H Plan of Transportation had been contingent in part of a centrally located mini-hub, somewhere in the GH-HS extents.  This is  not to say that any plan ever had been finalized, (except that the push to build a 440 interchange at Granny White had been squashed into the ground).  In order to make that work, and tie in with the local surface needs of the district and with the comprehensive plan as a whole, they need to establish a viable interchange location. 

What's in the best interest for fulfillment of the high school's current and projected needs is great.  It does absolutely nothing (nor should it be expected) to address mobility in one the region's worst congested areas ─ not to mitigate traffic but to establish transit that works in that area, for a blasted change.  Leaving the access to the high school as it is, only will worsen conditions ─ almost measurably worse, each school year in succession. Recent revived action at that set of buildings mid-block on the north side of Richard Jones Rd (Greenbriar Village shops adjacent to the high school grounds), in conjunction with projected ground activity on completion and occupation of Southern Land's complex, will only be compounded in the few years to come, and that entire block will become encircled with a motor quagmire. -==-

High Schools historically were built along the city's U.S. highways, even though some of these secondary-school institutions no longer exist as such or have been relocated ─ East High (Magnet High and Middle); West End High (Middle); Hume-Fogg Technical (Magnet High); North Nashville High (razed, formerly Clay Street when US-41A); Cameron High (Middle); Cohn High (Adult Learning); Hillsboro High.  These originally had been built along primary highway thoroughfares, long before the Interstate Highway system evolved, and they historically have become more majors source of congestion as of late, where both early afternoon commute surge runs concurrent with school dismissal and local business activity.  Green Hills H.S. probably leads the way in disruption, since mid-afternoon local activity along that stretch of US-431 never seems to abate in either direction, resulting in collateral congestion along adjoining streets. -==-.

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Seems to me that the best thing for the students would be for the school to move to a piece of land that wasnt on one of the busiest highways in the region across the street from a major mall, but thats just me.

I would agree in principle.  In practice, I'm not sure there is a piece of land that is large enough to do that and not be on the periphery of the Hillsboro cluster's geographic borders.

• Like 1

I like the exterior... is that real brick?!  I seem to recall the first rendering looking more modern and angular. This one reminds me of the all-suites hotel that replaced Virgin records across West End from the Carmichael Towers. About the same height too.  Nice massing and infill where none exists today. 

Master Plan revealed for Southeast Ventures 37-acre mixed-use development on north side of The Nations.  Still no name for the project:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/urban-development/article/20489010/images-released-for-mixeduse-project-eyed-for-the-nations

Southeast Venture Nations master plan, Jan. 2016.jpg

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Master Plan revealed for Southeast Ventures 37-acre mixed-use development on north side of The Nations.  Still no name for the project:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/urban-development/article/20489010/images-released-for-mixeduse-project-eyed-for-the-nations

Southeast Venture Nations master plan, Jan. 2016.jpg

any way to post the article for us non subscribers? 

Some more details from NBJ...   The project at 2400 Crestmoor Road, behind The Mall at Green Hills, includes a 207-room Hilton and a 116-room Marriott Residence Inn. Notably, the project also includes about 30,000 square feet of top-floor office space, as well as retail space at street level.

I think this fits in better with the surounding buildings. I would much rather see the cutting edge buildings in more prominent locations.

As for the Rochford development that is to be next to the Hampton Inn, I think it's unlikely to happen because the above is what they wanted to do. Now that would be a sweet spot for residential.

• Like 2

Personally, I'm sort of glad they're keeping the 1940s airport look of the Hillsboro High School building. Too much of that mid-century modern architecture in Atlanta has been destroyed. You ought to hope you keep more of it. 

22 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think this fits in better with the surounding buildings. I would much rather see the cutting edge buildings in more prominent locations.

As for the Rochford development that is to be next to the Hampton Inn, I think it's unlikely to happen because the above is what they wanted to do. Now that would be a sweet spot for residential.

Isn't there a Marriott hotel already on the site directly behind and adjacent to this building on Bradford? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Personally, I'm sort of glad they're keeping the 1940s airport look of the Hillsboro High School building. Too much of that mid-century modern architecture in Atlanta has been destroyed. You ought to hope you keep more of it. 

Isn't there a Marriott hotel already on the site directly behind and adjacent to this building on Bradford? 

There is. It is a Chartwell property.

• Like 1

Wanted to just post about the development going on in the Nations Neighborhood by citing the neighborhood meeting minutes on this topic. The meeting is pretty informative since developers come and share plans with the residents and we can discuss and review. 

Planning and Zoning

Church at 4909 Indiana (Currently zoned for a church/congregation). 

Jeff Estepp - Willing to keep the building if he can get rezoned, but without rezoning, he will tear down the church to build six homes (5 with 25ft lots and 1 with 35 ft). 

For Sale sign on the building to garner interest 

Have received several calls about the building and currently giving tours of the property. 

Neighborhood Landmark Overlay  

Could be overflow parking 

8-12 month process to get full planning designation 

Next planning commission meeting Jan 28 

702-704 51st Avenue Tap Room 

Hope to break ground in the next three months 

The Centennial Avenue Property  (Southeast Ventures 37-acre mixed-use development)

Jan 20 meeting to discuss zoning to learn more about the property and intended use. 

Set zoning priorities/ideas to provide potential developers. Look for a survey on Nextdoor

Jason McKernan is the point of contact for media/developers. 

Specialty sidewalks  Street lighting  Parking above and beyond code along major thoroughfare

Provide some variance to neighboring houses 

12 residential and one demolition permit pulled in the last month 

Inquiry about potential tenants for property behind Dollar General 

51st/Illinois property

Edited by Andrew_3289