LINC Southtown Projects

ModSquad

LINC cut the ribbon this morning on their new town homes in the Southtown Neighborhood and also announced the development of a 4 story commercial/residential development on Hall Street directly across from Duthler's Foods. It is called Southtown Square.

Love the design, density, and height. This will have a huge impact on this neighborhood!

post-4155-0-94406100-1353011277_thumb.jp

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LINC cut the ribbon this morning on their new town homes in the Southtown Neighborhood and also announced the development of a 4 story commercial/residential development on Hall Street directly across from Duthler's Foods. It is called Southtown Square.

Love the design, density, and height. This will have a huge impact on this neighborhood!

Looks good! Will definitely have a positive impact on that intersection.

• 2 weeks later...

Great project for Southtown. Love the design.

I have to ask, where on Hall exactly? Is it replacing this?

Bingo! You got it! Nice improvement isn't it. The shopping center across the street went to Sherrif's sale so right now the current owner is asking WAY too much for it. Once it gets past the mandatory 6 months there are plans for some sort of purchase redevelopment there as well. Lots of great redevelopment happening in our neighborhood!

That'll be great! That intersection has a lot of potential.

Between east and west/north and south over 20,000 cars a day. With the new market coming soon and development beginning to creep South on division related to the market, pretty soon Southtown will be a part of downtown!

• 3 months later...

Is anyone aware of the name or contact information for the owner of the empty building formerly known as Big Bob's Pizza restaurant and adjacent building on Giddings/Hall Street? We have tried unsuccessfully for several months now to identify and contact them regarding purchase or lease and our realtor is giving up and encouraging us to pursue other properties.  Would greatly appreciate any insight of neighbors or community in that area.  We hope to provide Grand Rapids with its first tuition free, music conservatory and bring some beautiful music to that corner.  Grateful for any insight, history or help!

Is anyone aware of the name or contact information for the owner of the empty building formerly known as Big Bob's Pizza restaurant and adjacent building on Giddings/Hall Street? We have tried unsuccessfully for several months now to identify and contact them regarding purchase or lease and our realtor is giving up and encouraging us to pursue other properties.  Would greatly appreciate any insight of neighbors or community in that area.  We hope to provide Grand Rapids with its first tuition free, music conservatory and bring some beautiful music to that corner.  Grateful for any insight, history or help!

Streetview shows a contact phone number.

http://goo.gl/maps/cqelN

This link might be helpful, too.

http://tinyurl.com/a6j32kb

That theater on division would be wonderful to listen to music in......

• 8 months later...

LINC has been totally reshaping the Southtown/Madison/Hall area with their Southtown Square project. The new modern townhouses are pretty cool looking.

This morning they break ground on phase 2, a four-story apartment building near the corner of Hall and Madison.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=T+J+Warehouse&ll=42.941278,-85.658274&spn=0.003104,0.005284&fb=1&gl=us&hq=tj%27s+appliance+grand+rapids&cid=1430464139519312854&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=42.941278,-85.658274&panoid=zWnSa-m0SZZA-NVqGhXW1w&cbp=12,27.57,,0,6.94

You can read more here:

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/devnews/LINC1129.aspx

11323562405_86cf4747e1_b.jpg

LINC has been totally reshaping the Southtown/Madison/Hall area with their Southtown Square project. The new modern townhouses are pretty cool looking.

This morning they break ground on phase 2, a four-story apartment building near the corner of Hall and Madison.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=T+J+Warehouse&ll=42.941278,-85.658274&spn=0.003104,0.005284&fb=1&gl=us&hq=tj%27s+appliance+grand+rapids&cid=1430464139519312854&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=42.941278,-85.658274&panoid=zWnSa-m0SZZA-NVqGhXW1w&cbp=12,27.57,,0,6.94

You can read more here:

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/devnews/LINC1129.aspx

I will not miss the dilapidated awning of the building that LA Insurance is in.  Great job, LINC!!!

Now can we magically flip the parking lot and building where Duthler's is, and maybe add some apartments on top of that, as well?? :)

an old photo of the intersection of madison and Hall (taken from madison looking north)

The building above on the right with the large circle with the eagle in it is the LA insurance building.

Guess these 2 are getting torn down?

8523531392_10eeb7340c_c.jpg

Photos courtesy of PPWIII

I don't believe those are going. I think the new 4 story building only covers the current site of the old appliance store.

Now can we magically flip the parking lot and building where Duthler's is, and maybe add some apartments on top of that, as well?? :)

There were hints dropped about the shopping center in the last thread.  Wonder if we'll see any updates soon?

The shopping center across the street went to Sherrif's sale so right now the current owner is asking WAY too much for it. Once it gets past the mandatory 6 months there are plans for some sort of purchase redevelopment there as well.

I don't believe those are going. I think the new 4 story building only covers the current site of the old appliance store.

Looks like you're right.  It's difficult to tell with no easy way to see a higher res version of the site plan (I'm sure it's buried in an e-packet somewhere), so I misread the drawing.

I would be very excited to hear about a concurrent investment to repair and restore the facade on the corner.  I imagine some creative demolition, emergency masonry repair, and paint could go a long way without a huge investment and would compliment the other public and private investments to the corner.

Looks like you're right.  It's difficult to tell with no easy way to see a higher res version of the site plan (I'm sure it's buried in an e-packet somewhere), so I misread the drawing.

I would be very excited to hear about a concurrent investment to repair and restore the facade on the corner.  I imagine some creative demolition, emergency masonry repair, and paint could go a long way without a huge investment and would compliment the other public and private investments to the corner.

I think the renderings give the impression that it's on a corner, but that's actually an alley and not Madison (aerial view 2).

Archived