Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grandrollerz

Gorgeous Home on 20 Acres in Kentwood

5 posts in this topic

I've often wondered about this place, while driving past (and craning my neck).  The photos are amazing...what a cool house!  Sure hope someone buys this before Eastbrook does (and they fill the 20 acres with their aluminum sided boxes).  Thanks for posting!

I've often wondered about this place, while driving past (and craning my neck).  The photos are amazing...what a cool house!  Sure hope someone buys this before Eastbrook does (and they fill the 20 acres with their aluminum sided boxes).  Thanks for posting!

Unless the twenty acres are mostly flood plain, you'd think the land itself would be worth the $400,000 asking price.  Wikipedia says the architect, John Randal McDonald, also designed houses for various celebrities: such as Bjorn Borg, Mickey Mantle, Perry Como, Jimmy Connors, James Garner and Maureen O'Hara.

Brings down the price for me but I guess to keep it mid-twentieth century historically accurate you'd need to keep the aqua contertops and kitchen furniture, the pink bath fixtures, the linoleum floors, and the carport.

Wow.  Take that property (pond/stream included) and plunk it down up North around Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petoskey/Harbor Springs and it would be selling for $1 million.

I think you mean vinyl siding. Most of the homes built after 1970 have vinyl siding, or the aluminum ones have switched over to vinyl. Most people can't afford wood siding and the related upkeep.

I think I've seen that house before, either listed before or it's out close to Breton.