The Gulch 11th & Pine

smeagolsfree

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they will have to be working with Market street as this is their baby. All I know is they say they are preleasing and they will not be able to not stay silent for long. This was part of a press pack they gave out to area business owners back in the spring or early summer. Most of the other renderings that were included were the ones we had already seen from Market Street.

There is other news on this front I can’t say anything about publicly till it goes public. Some of it is public record and I am trying to gather information and the other bit has been confirmed but will have to refrain from comment.

I don’t have a problem telling anyone that shows up for the meet, its just we ask that certain things are not posted till they are public.

Fairfield Inn and Suites should start next month. Demo permits have been issued awe should start to see that work start anytime.

The one thing I noted is the Next Gen property on Division has been on hold for the longest and may see new life at some point.

Here are a couple of blogs from WW.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2012/11/29/pine_street_flats_welcomes_first_residents

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2012/11/28/demo_set_for_site_of_future_gulch_hotel

Would you all like to see one thread dedicated to the Gulch???

WOW!   I love this project!  It is perfect in terms of design and scale. 

Also, I was looking over the map you posted and there were a couple things that I wasn't familiar with.  What is "The Mondrian"? 

That is Ray Henslers Project. I have seen a number of names floating around for that project including 12th and Laurel and Laurel Street apartments or just the Laurel. Mondrian is a name on several apartments in various cities including NY and Dallas I think. I am not sure if those could be investors or not.

I will need Tims help, but I think it would better serve us to have a SoBro thread, Gulch West End/Midtown, East Nash/ etc.

We have so much happening right now it really becomes hard to justify a thread per project

That would be very nice and much easier to keep track of all that is going on.  I can't wait to come home and visit for New Years!!!

I will need Tims help, but I think it would better serve us to have a SoBro thread, Gulch West End/Midtown, East Nash/ etc.

We have so much happening right now it really becomes hard to justify a thread per project

So the question is do we want to do subforums so they can have individual threads on projects?  Or just regular threads?  If just regular threads, do we want them pinned or unpinned?

So the question is do we want to do subforums so they can have individual threads on projects?  Or just regular threads?  If just regular threads, do we want them pinned or unpinned?

I would prefer subforums. Pinned threads will get somewhat messy with a lot of them pinned, however, how awesome is it that we have this problem?!?!?

I would prefer subforums. Pinned threads will get somewhat messy with a lot of them pinned, however, how awesome is it that we have this problem?!?!?

Lol, alright, I was thinking subforums too.  I'll wait for more feedback.   Yes, this problem is grand!

Lol, alright, I was thinking subforums too.  I'll wait for more feedback.   Yes, this problem is grand!

Also, can't wait to see some more developments in the Gulch!  Looks great!!

I lean towards subforums as well. 

The pro is it's a lot cleaner and more organized. 

The con is that sometimes (especially if things are slow), you are checking 3-4 different subforums for maybe 1-2 active threads.

As of now, our two subforums are used quite a bit less than the main page. But the problem with the main page is the number of stickies (it's not a big problem -- but it is like half the page).

I do think that with the amount of traffic we have on this site now, and with the number of active projects, it could work.

Expanding on what has been thought out so far, my proposal would be this (as far as subforums):

-Downtown/SoBro/Gulch developments 

-Midtown/West End/Vandy developments

-East Nashville/Germantown developments

-Other Core developments (anything else inside the 440/Briley loop, more or less -- Melrose/Berry Hill, Chestnut Hill, Sylvan Park/Charlotte, North Nashville)

-Outside of Core developments (this would primarily be more suburban-type developments -- so the debate would be, do you include Green Hills here, or lump it in with 'other core'?)

-Outside Davidson County developments (Williamson, Rutherford, Wilson, and Sumner Counties -- I do not feel there is the need for a Murfreesboro subforum at this time -- though when I visited MTSU last Saturday, I did find there is quite a bit of construction going on on campus)

Aside from this, you could also group general discussion (most of the rest of the stickies) into its own subforum. Picture heavy threads like Photo Du Jour, Construction/Crane Sightings, and bits and pieces seem to all have some common themes. Transportation, historic preservation, and perhaps more of the dream proposals, opinion threads, and general fact threads could also go here.

Some of those could be consolidated, I suppose...in it's most simplistic form, you could just divide it into urban developments, suburban developments, and general discussion threads.

It's all up to you all. Honestly, if it stays the same, you're not going to hear any complaints from me. These are just some ideas to explore.

Only thing different I'd recommend would be to group Germantown with it's surrounding neighborhoods into a North Capitol/Capitol District subforum.  East Nashville is it's own beast.

I would certainly not argue that East Nashville is not it's own beast. I was trying to think in terms of the type and number of developments. A lot of the smaller lot urban infill going on in EN and Germantown are relatively similar. I just wasn't sure if each had enough going on to warrant their own subforum. I could be wrong.

Aside from the State Museum, State Archives, and the as far as I know stale proposal for the African American History Museum, I just don't see much else going on in North Capitol. Sure, that could change...but there's just very little dirt moving there. 

JMO

I am not sure Neo will let us do Subforums. We may have to pin the threads because it will be a lot easier to keep track of. Take a look at the Charlotte forumadn you will see what I am talking about.

My thoughts are this

SoBro/Rolling MIll Hill

East Nashville

The Gulch

Midtown/West End

North Capital/Germantown

Green Hills

Central Business District

CharlotteAve/West Nashville

South Nashville/8thAvenue/12South

This is just a thought. In Charlotte the have the first second third wards etc. We have very distinct neighborhoods. Maybe we can start a thread to discuss this and maybe do a poll or you can just let Me adn Tim dicide what will work best.

I am not sure Neo will let us do Subforums. We may have to pin the threads because it will be a lot easier to keep track of. Take a look at the Charlotte forumadn you will see what I am talking about.

My thoughts are this

SoBro/Rolling MIll Hill

East Nashville

The Gulch

Midtown/West End

North Capital/Germantown

Green Hills

Central Business District

CharlotteAve/West Nashville

South Nashville/8thAvenue/12South

This is just a thought. In Charlotte the have the first second third wards etc. We have very distinct neighborhoods. Maybe we can start a thread to discuss this and maybe do a poll or you can just let Me adn Tim dicide what will work best.

Sounds good.  We'll see where it heads.

EDIT:  I see, so just separate threads unpinned.  That's fine with me.

Archived