NORA (North Orange Residential Apartments)

Jernigan

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Nearly all of the ceiling for the first floor is completed on the north end of the property, and lots of support steel going in on the west side facing Orange Avenue. The parking garage is about 1/4 complete. LOTS of stuff going on.

Now that should be called Steel House

True, NORA is the only solid concrete structure of the bunch (Steelhouse, Park North, Uptown Place - all made of wood). That area is filling in nicely though. Any plans for the lot just south of NORA?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Second floor construction for the walls is going on around the entire perimeter of the property, with the front atrium framework complete, as well as steel structure support for the entire retail front facing Orange Avenue. 

• 4 weeks later...

Someone was going down the elevator today from Baker Barios with 4 huge sets of plans for this project.

I think this project is gonna be a game changer for our neighborhood. I really do. 

On a side note, it's a fortress. Really impressed with it.

• 5 weeks later...

In all our discussions about what to call the area north of Colonial (midtown, uptown, North Quarter, etc.), I had to laugh at this exchange going on over in the Charlotte room about their downtown (which it seems is called Uptown):

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/51204-charlotte-wishlist-scorecard/page-4

Looks like the area will officially be Uptown. Featured as today's Ask Bungalowerhttp://bungalower.com/2013/08/ask-bungalower-is-uptown-a-neighborhood/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived