tgvoss

Restaurant/ Music Museum

3 posts in this topic

Anybody hear about what is going on in Eastown at 1444 Lake Dr. ? This is what I found on the ECA's website:

"Stenson and Morton are currently collaborating on another exciting project. Morton owns the brick building at 1444 Lake Drive where he plans to open a restaurant at the front and a music museum at the back. This building is also being extensively renovated according to green-building practices using eco-friendly materials. Plans include removing the old concrete floor and replacing it with solar-powered radiant heating tubes in a brand-new concrete floor, and a rooftop garden and solar lighting tubes."

it that the building across from kava house that they've (whoever they is?) been working on for what seems like a couple of years? that has to be the slowest, most low key project in town.

From what I hear. They are planning a Juice bar in this space.  Should be interesting to see how this competes with Sip Juice Bar when it moves into Eastown.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cortesac
      Thought a thread for bicycle-related infrastructural and program developments seemed appropriate. Post any news related cycling in Richmond. Also, feel free to share any articles that were previously shared in broader threads here on bicycles. 
      Just resharing the article on the bike-share program coming to Richmond because I came across another curious article (see 2nd link) on how Milwaukee's bike-share program teamed up with their Housing Authority in order to ensure accessibility to lower- and low income neighborhoods.
      http://www.richmond.com/news/article_63ad34d7-37d2-569e-91f5-a8c0fd2ec28e.html
      http://www.streetsblog.net/2016/07/11/milwaukee-bike-share-teams-up-with-housing-authority-on-system-expansion/
    • By seminole
      It has taken forever, but Tallahassee is beginning to tap into its potential of becoming a more thriving densely populated city.  The rapid development of Gaines Street-College Town and a proposed Florida State University Arena District is changing the entertainment landscape of Tallahassee with more developments current under construction and in the works:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jq0Qeo2Etg

• By mallguy
      Out of curiosity:
      1. When did the first Chick-fil-A in Greenville open?  Do I assume correctly that the first was the one at center court in McAlister Square, and that it must have opened sometime in the 1970s?
      2. If Chick-fil-A is coming to Lewis Plaza, does that mean that there's no prospect of one coming downtown again?  Too bad the downtown one had such a bad location and opened and closed right before downtown's rebirth.
      Thanks.
    • By SgtCampsalot
      I couldn't find a thread about Matthews, or generally about the small towns right around CLT, so I'm making this for all things regarding my home town of Matthews! Is anyone else from the area, or live there? There is some development happening now and down the road, but I haven't seen any info on it on the boards or on the development maps. 
      First, I noticed another parcel in the North End district, right along N Trade St, is now under construction, but I can't find any info about it anywhere. Anyone have any insight about it? I'm loving how North End is looking and feeling. As they continue to connect more and more streets around downtown they're really expanding the urban footprint.

Also, the Silver Line talks have made me interested in how Matthews will develop its eventual TOD areas. Anyone think that once the Silver Line gets funded (God/Allah/Ganesh-willing), Matthews will have the potential to become a mini-urban center outside of CLT? Like Sommerville, MA or something? Food for thought.
      Another is one I don't know how to feel about. Plantation Estates (Which has a big retirement community complex up Fullwood Ln on 51) is expanding onto the wooded parcel across the street from the big Methodist Church on S Trade St, behind that ever-present brick wall that's always been there. Here's another story that talks about the local concerns. Okay, sure, I understand. The Boomers are aging, they want places to feel at home. And elderly citizens are a stable tax base to have in a municipality (no kids to use up the public services/schools), as well as wanting to live in walkable communities. But my biggest issue is them gating it. Which I understand, they also want safety. But when you look at how adjacent the parcel is to the downtown gridded-street network, it seems like a waste of what could have been a well-designed SOUTH End district. But fortunately, the developer is going to extend the four-mile creek greenway from its current terminus that spits out onto Trade St, so that it wraps all around its property, along Fullwood and Trade, and connecting to Freemont. So that is nice for the suburbs further out there, at least. I am wondering if I'm just too young to appreciate diversifying your age demographics.

Anyway. Any thoughts? Opinions about Matthews? News updates?

• By kermit
      Since I am loosing track of the apartment projects announced in the South corridor I put together a map showing the locations of announcements I could find and any assoicated information like the number of units. I also added the uptown, Seigle Point and midtown projects which I knew about. I included the Strawn project not because it looks eminent, but I felt like it was important.

The map is available here to edit: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zVkgech8oPvQ.kAkwm8EIn_7Y

It is very likely that 1) I missed some projects and 2) I messed up some project boundaries (I did not check Polaris for parcel ownership). I am happy to make any corrections requested.