Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

CityNowNext with more coverage on MarketStreet mixed-use proposal along Bransford Ave. (4 - 8 stories? 735 residential units? 12,000 sq. ft. of retail, internal garage):

https://citynownext.com/2023/03/27/more-residential-development-planned-next-to-geodis-park-in-nashville/#more-29038

Bransford Ave MarketStreet project, March 27, 2023, site aerial 1.png

Hope those home owners are getting enough to be able to buy again.

• Like 1

Not too shabby. Dynamik can be hit or miss based on the client. Ballpark Village is sharp, but The Towne on Rosa Parks is awful. Will be interested to see what this design looks like. Wish they went to six stories to meet the height at the back of the site. Or at least five to fully cover the garage (not that anyone would ever see it).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Very nice.

Yes!  The brick is very nice! Also the 4-5 story max for offices (6-7 for residential) will help the area feel a lot like parts of DC if they're all built. I think it's wise not to go with very large buildings as (IIRC) the streets are far more narrow and crooked than in other near-ring areas. 

Paul, you live in that area. What would you say are the top 3 infrastructure needs to support everything that's planned? I've heard some people's frustration with the RR crossing. I'd be surprised if Metro did anything about that any time in the near future. 

Also, I'd like to put in a request if you get your drone out anytime soon, to get another pano shot of downtown and midtown. It'd be interesting to me to compare with the ones you took last time. 

• Like 2

Music Row Apts. (6 stories, 105 units, ground level retail, internal garage) update: 4th floor complete across most of site.

Looking NW from 16th Ave. South, 1/4 block south of Grand Ave:

Music Row Apts, April 2, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of Grand Ave. and 16th Ave. South:

Music Row Apts, April 2, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Grand Ave., 1/2 block east of 17th Ave. South:

Music Row Apts, April 2, 2023, 3.jpeg

• Like 3