Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the new tower in all it's glory.  I have a feeling it is going to quickly become one of Nashville's more iconic photo generators.  Still though, I am sad to see Carmichael Towers go, if for no other reason than that is a net loss of three highrises in a district trying to increase it's highrise density.   I mean, architecturally the trade off is obviously worth it, but I'll still miss them nonetheless.

As far as population density goes, the new building will house more students than the two Carmichael Towers it is replacing so it is actually a net gain in that sense.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NashWellington11 said:

As far as population density goes, the new building will house more students than the two Carmichael Towers it is replacing so it is actually a net gain in that sense.

No doubt... and great point... that is the more important thing at the end of the day.  

Vanderbilt Univ. Graduate Housing (7 & 11 stories, 600 units, 25,000 sq. ft. retail) update.  Demo of Midtown Printing building completed this morning.  the Manuel House is gutted, and will come down any day now.

Looking NW from Broadway, 1/2 block east of  20th Ave. South:

Vandy Grad Housing, Oct 26, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking west from Broadway, 1/4 block east of  20th Ave. South:

Vandy Grad Housing, Oct 26, 2019, 2.jpg

• Sad 2

Moxy Hillsboro Village (6 stories, 130 room hotel, 47 residential units, ground level retail/restaurant space, underground garage) update.  Signage going up. The residential portion will be known at The 1901 on Belcourt.

Looking SE from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hillsboro Village, Oct 19, 2019, 1.jpg

Moxy Hillsboro Village, Oct 19, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 19th Ave. South:

Moxy Hillsboro Village, Oct 19, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking west form Belcourt Ave., 1/2 block east of 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hillsboro Village, Oct 19, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Moxy Hillsboro Village (6 stories, 130 room hotel, 47 residential units, ground level retail/restaurant space, underground garage) update.  Signage going up. The residential portion will be known at The 1901 on Belcourt.

I have it on good information that the owners of the Banh Mi & Roll Factory (Vietnamese) food truck will be opening a store front in the Hillsboro Village Moxy in the spring.     

• Like 3

Richland Hall (3 stories, 47 brownstones and homes at former Welch College site) update.  Finishing final phase.

Looking west along West End Ave. from intersection with Bowling Ave:

Richland Hall, Oct 27, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from within the complex, 1/2 block north of West End Ave:

Richland Hall, Oct 27, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking SW from within the complex, 1/2 block north of West End Ave:

Richland Hall, Oct 27, 2019, 3.jpg

One of the former college structures being converted int o a luxury home.

Richland Hall, Oct 27, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, MLBrumby said:

Whenever I see those townhouses, I think of a Hollywood set backdrop that can do double duty as Old San Francisco one day and Dodge City for Gunsmoke the next. IMHO, the overall look is junky. 

Agreed...seems to be a very fake, Disney Main Street sort of thing. Incongruous with the neighborhood, too.

• Like 3