Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

On 4/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, markhollin said:

1800 21st Ave. South/Ruby Sunshine Restaurant (2 stories, 4,880 sq. ft.) update.  All brickwork complete, windows in, signage up, exterior accent lighting fixtures mounted.

Looking SW from intersection of 21st Ave. South and Belcourt Ave:

1800 21st Ave South, Ruby Sunshine, April 11, 2020, 1.jpg

I'm trying to place this...you say it's looking SW from 21st Ave and Belcourt, but it looks like it's facing SE...is this where Jacksons and its parking lot used to be?

30 minutes ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

I'm trying to place this...you say it's looking SW from 21st Ave and Belcourt, but it looks like it's facing SE...is this where Jacksons and its parking lot used to be?

Yes, it is on the site of Jackson's. The right, 3 bay side, faces 21st. The left, 4 bay, side faces Belcourt Ave with Pancake Pantry across the street, to the left. The new Moxy Hotel is in the left background on 20th.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

I love it! Keeps the storefronts intact and adds some nice, dense infill housing.

This rendering reminds me of the Uptown neighborhood in Minneapolis,  where there are a few such projects setback a block off the main the strips of storefronts remaining intact....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

What is the building at the left of this photo? From the rendering, it looks like where Giarratana plans to put the EP Soda Shop. Does he own that building too? 

Rock Block Flats, April 20, 2020, site 3.png

Yes.  If you look at the very top rendering you see how the Elliston Soda Shop will look in that building.

• Thanks 1

Ah, I see it now. I asked b/c that neon sign looked familiar but I couldn't make out the lettering. Now see it painted on the side. I hope he plans to give the inside a cool retro look that's not too slick. Part of that charm was its authenticity with original glass, bar and walls. 

Edited by MLBrumby

The 9,100 sq. ft. structure on .31 acre at 114-116 17th Ave. South that is currently home to Zac Brown's Southern  Ground Nashville studio is up for sale at $10 million.  The price includes all the recording equipment. Brown bought the site in 2012 for $600,000.  Originally built as a Presbyterian Church in 1903, it has been a recording studio since 1968. This area is feverishly percolating with development activity including Virgin Hotel, Sky House, Broadwest, and the Scenic Investments' proposed 27 story apartment tower all within 2 blocks. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21129886/midtown-recording-studio-listed-for-10m

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 3.45.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 3.47.09 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, MLBrumby said:

What is the building at the left of this photo? From the rendering, it looks like where Giarratana plans to put the EP Soda Shop. Does he own that building too? 

Rock Block Flats, April 20, 2020, site 3.png

This building at 2109 Ellison Place was once an office and supply depot for Southern Bell Telephone; in the 1960’s it was an office and warehouse for Wilson Quick Drug Stores, and later for another medical supply company.  It was attached to another structure that was demolished.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Is that a reverse image? I can't tell which street that is... Division? 

Yup it’s Division on the left, Broadway on the right looking toward downtown. He’s probably at Aertson  

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

NashvilleSC’s DP Hany Mukhtar has quite the view from this apartment (snapshot from his IG). 
Look at that canyon of new residential. 

also, isn’t something going up in front of that bland stucco facade of whatever hotel that is? 

0B7451F7-DFFE-4FAB-ADAE-EA821C526567.jpeg

I think the new tower is being built to the right of the hotel from this angle. It’s going up at Broadway and 19th. 

I absolutely love the Kennect’s facade. The orange and dark windows really pop and look good. 

• Like 2

A 3 story office building (no square footage supplied) will be built on the surface lot at 1912 Acklen Ave., across the street to the east from the Post Office in Hillsboro Village.  Stephen DiLeo is the developer. Anderson Architects is handling design, but no rendering is available yet.  Metro Planning Commission permission will be sought in June.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21130483/office-building-eyed-for-hillsboro-village

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 3.02.25 PM.png

• Like 4

Good question, and one I've wondered about. The answer I received was that Magnolia was built as a north-south bypass around Hboro Village and was designed to take much greater volume of east-west traffic that was destined to from the expansion of Wedgewood and connection to 31st Avenue. I think it was done in the early 1970s. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Good question, and one I've wondered about. The answer I received was that Magnolia was built as a north-south bypass around Hboro Village and was designed to take much greater volume of east-west traffic that was destined to from the expansion of Wedgewood and connection to 31st Avenue. I think it was done in the early 1970s. 

Ah... early 1970's... that explains a lot.  lol

• Like 2