Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

1808 Wedgwood Ave. (previously known as 19th & Wedgwood with three 3 story buildings featuring 15 condos) has received a $2.5 million permit has been issued for shell construction.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21133039/work-continues-on-village-townhome-project

Here is progress already up to the 3rd floor on the back building, looking east from 19th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Wedgwood:

19th & Wedgewood, May 9, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking south from 19th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Wedgwood:

19th & Wedgewood, May 9, 2020, 2.jpg

The Country Delite Farms facility on Church Street between 14th and 15th Ave. was sold to a Dairy Co-Op as part of a  package with other dairy processors. WW says this part of the deal was valued at $30M+.  I think some on this forum have wanted to see this block developed into something tall/urban, but I like that this will remain a working plant for the foreseeable future. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21133463/midtown-dairy-facility-sells-for-303m

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

The Country Delite Farms facility on Church Street between 14th and 15th Ave. was sold to a Dairy Co-Op as part of a  package with other dairy processors. WW says this part of the deal was valued at $30M+.  I think some on this forum have wanted to see this block developed into something tall/urban, but I like that this will remain a working plant for the foreseeable future. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21133463/midtown-dairy-facility-sells-for-303m

at least that means the storage tanks will remain. I'd rather it remain a dairy processing plant with the storage tanks than be demolished and another bland box, simply for architectural diversity in this part of town. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

at least that means the storage tanks will remain. I'd rather it remain a dairy processing plant with the storage tanks than be demolished and another bland box, simply for architectural diversity in this part of town. 

If they're going to keep those bland tanks...at least paint some cool murals on them.

• Like 2

^^Now that they're tearing down the old tower...have we seen new renders of what the hotel will look like?  I know they had renders for the rebuild, using the tower...but surely it will be something totally different now that they're building from the ground up...right?

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are renderings of what they were going to do, but I do not know if that is still the plan. Look back further in the thread and I am sure they are there. Mark has them handy though.

Yeah...I've seen those...but I'm assuming they'll go with a different design now that they're not having to build on top of an octagon.

The first office tenant for Belcourt Village (4 stories, 24,000 sq. ft. office space, 12,000 sq. ft. retail, 28 residential units, large underground garage) at 2111 Belcourt Ave. has been confirmed.  Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center will open an Oral Health Clinic in 8,300 sq. ft. A $1.7 million permit for build out has been granted to Tenant Building Group.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21133682/permit-patrol-18-may-2020

• Like 2

Linden Row (3 stories, 38 townhomes) update. All topped out, brickwork underway.

Looking SE from 21st Ave. South, just south of intersection with Sunset Place:

Linden Row, May 9, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking east from intersection of 21st Ave. South and Linden Ave:

Linden Row, May 9, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking SW from Linden Ave., 1/2 block east of 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, May 9, 2020, 3.jpg

• Like 3

Unfortunately I do not like this project, only because it doesn't fit well within Hillsboro Village. It's too big, too new. It  stands out against the historic feel for Hillsboro Village.

Really wish it was half the size and the brick was made to look a lot older. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Unfortunately I do not like this project, only because it doesn't fit well within Hillsboro Village. It's too big, too new. It  stands out against the historic feel for Hillsboro Village.

Really wish it was half the size and the brick was made to look a lot older. 

Have you been to Hillsboro village in the last...20 years? 

6 minutes ago, Nashvillain said:

Have you been to Hillsboro village in the last...20 years? 

I went there last week. There is a ton of new development set farther back from the main strip, and development on the main strip. This project stands out as too new. It doesn't fit in with the context of the older buildings there, in my opinion. 

I think the exterior is fine, but the interior is very spartan and uncomfortable and not designed for people to hang out for long periods of time. They want you in and out. So many of these new eating establishments are and have been doing it on the cheap for a while and charging high prices for crappy food. I have tried a lot of the new places and some are pretty good but the vast majority are nothing special. That also includes some of the big chains like Shake Shack. Absolutely disappointed and the portions and the food was simply crap. I just did not see the draw. 

This will probably be another example of the same. 

• Like 1

I agree that the interior is too plain and that style seat is pretty uncomfortable. I think there are already several newer developments in the area and on 21st and the exterior doesn't really bother me. I think the area is only going to grow (it's already lost most of the slightly shabby vibe in had in my younger days) and it's a matter of time before even more buildings get massively revamped. The fact the neighboring building collapsed during the construction project was a clue to the condition of it's neighbors. Yes, it was likely the contractor's fault but.....

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2