Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

I was humbled to be interviewed as part of a story that William Williams did at the Nashville Post Magazine on possible changes to the 21st Ave. South corridor.

You can read it behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/nashville-post-magazine/article/21143420/street-challenged

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lola will be a new 2,160 sq. ft. Middle East cuisine restaurant built on the vacant lot at 4401 Murphy Rd. in Sylvan Park. The developer is Maher Fawaz who also owns Epice, Santo, and Kalamatas. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21143471/veteran-restaurateurs-plans-sylvan-park-spot

• Like 4

I'm very underwhelmed by Linden Row. The lack of variation in design and materials betweeen all the units is dissapointing. I think this will look very dated in a few years. I feel that buyers, at what will be a high price point, want some differences in the looks of the units. But with the location in mind, I think they will have no trouble selling.

49 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I'm very underwhelmed by Linden Row. The lack of variation in design and materials betweeen all the units is dissapointing. I think this will look very dated in a few years. I feel that buyers, at what will be a high price point, want some differences in the looks of the units. But with the location in mind, I think they will have no trouble selling.

I believe they are targeting mainly STR investors. 

Edit to say this is just what I have head, not certain it is true. 

Edited by samsonh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

from 18th and Chet and some photos streetside of the surrounding area.  Very dense area here and getting more so.

Virgin Hotel looks nice. 

IMG_3772.JPG

LOVE the looks of the Virgin hotel.

Is there not a more efficient way to heat or cool a place than all those units on the roof? I definitely have no idea, just seems like a lot of points of failure.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_3776.JPG

Bit of trivia on the Curb / Word building.  This was built for Capitol Records (which is the reason for the "Capitol" dome look.)  However...as it was being finished, Capitol decided they didn't want to move into the building and sold it...I believe, to Word (I'm thinking Word may have been the only occupant of the building from the start...but may be wrong).  Thinking it was built in late 90's...early 2000's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2