Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Elmington Capital is wanting to change the 2 story office structure  on .75 acre at 2409 21st Ave. South from 2,500 sq. ft. to 7,000 sq. ft. It is unclear if they want to demolish the current modernist structure and start over, or simply expand.  Southeast Venture is handling land-planning and design duties. 

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21144283/hillsboro-villagearea-project-planned

2409 21st Ave South, Nov 4, 2020, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

2409 21st Ave South, Nov 4, 2020, site map.png

• Like 2

Something going on between Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village and Lea Rose Residence Center on south side of Belcourt Ave. near intersction with 19th Ave. South.  May just be a surface lot.

Looking NE from Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village parking garage:

Belcourt & 19th, Nov 14, 2020, 1.jpeg

Looking east from Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village parking garage:

Belcourt & 19th, Nov 14, 2020, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village parking garage:

Belcourt & 19th, Nov 14, 2020, 3.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Something going on between Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village and Lea Rose Residence Center on south side of Belcourt Ave. near intersction with 19th Ave. South.  May just be a surface lot.

Looking NE from Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village parking garage:

Belcourt & 19th, Nov 14, 2020, 1.jpeg

Looking east from Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village parking garage:

Belcourt & 19th, Nov 14, 2020, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village parking garage:

Belcourt & 19th, Nov 14, 2020, 3.jpeg

My gut says that looks like a parking lot. Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

For reference;

6879381_VandGradHousing.thumb.jpg.cd498e42e02d52e7c40ae2245f517aea.jpg

Broadway will be a bona fide canyon there.

I wonder why VU went with that design when they're replacing buildings on campus with Hogwarts. Glad it's going to be brick and hope they put trees in as shown. I assume no u/g parking as VU has made a push away from car use and parking on campus. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Broadway will be a bona fide canyon there.

I wonder why VU went with that design when they're replacing buildings on campus with Hogwarts. Glad it's going to be brick and hope they put trees in as shown. I assume no u/g parking as VU has made a push away from car use and parking on campus. 

Because they are paying for the on campus housing and it is extraordinarily expensive. This is a partnership with a developer/land lease and the numbers don’t make sense for ultra high end construction. Correct - no parking is included for residents (there may be some spots for the retail).

• Like 2

Do you know what the next phase on the block bounded by B'way, 20th, 21st and Terrace Place will contain?  Will that also be a partnership? I think a high end hotel at the "V" where B'way and 21st meet would look great; don't know if it makes sense, but it always seems to be a challenge getting a room near campus. Still seems light on total rooms in that area of town. 

Speaking of, what are the hotels within a few blocks of campus?

My very quick inventory... 

Marriott at 2525 (adjacent to stadium)

New Hilton on Poston and 29th (3 blocks from stadium)

Two Hampton Inns (2 blocks and 3 blocks from campus)

Holiday Inn (1 block from stadium)

Homewood (24th and WE)

Loews (21st and WE)

Hyatt House (21st)

Aertson (B'way and 21st)

Moxy in H'boro Village (two blocks from edge of Medical Center campus)

Graduate Hotel

Slightly further out... 

Hutton (1800 block of WE)

Aloft (18th and WE)

Spring Hill (18th and WE)

Embassy Suites Broadway 

Virgin (Division and 17th)

Courtyard (19th and West End)

Hilton Garden on B'way

Conrad at Broadwest

An extended stay (Home 2 Suites?) (Division and 18th)

New one from Greystar u/c (19th and B'way)

Element at One C1ty at 31st and Charlotte (but that one seems a bit too far to walk)

The new one on Charlotte just to the north of Baptist MC

Wonder how many rooms that accounts for. So what did I miss? Still seems a bit light on hotel rooms within walking distance to campus, especially considering the high volume of SEC fans who love coming to Nashville to see their team get an easy win and then enjoy the town. Not to mention the hospitals and offices in the area.

Edited by MLBrumby

How is that neighborhood looking these days. I've thought the new buildings there have looked too much like a hodgepodge of styles that don't really blend well.  Plus, the utility poles should have been put under ground by now.  Really detracts from the appearance of those neighborhoods. 

Linden Row (3 stories, 38 townhomes) update: Phase II foundation work getting underway; landscaping finished on Phase I.

Looking south from Linden Ave., 1/2 block east of 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, Nov 21, 2020, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from Linden Ave., 1/2 block east of 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, Nov 21, 2020, 2.jpeg

Looking west from Linden Ave, 1/4 block east of 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, Nov 21, 2020, 3.jpeg

Looking south from intersection of Linden Ave. and 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, Nov 21, 2020, 4.jpeg

Looking east from intersection of Linden Ave. and 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, Nov 21, 2020, 5.jpeg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

How is that neighborhood looking these days. I've thought the new buildings there have looked too much like a hodgepodge of styles that don't really blend well.  Plus, the utility poles should have been put under ground by now.  Really detracts from the appearance of those neighborhoods. 

It is a hodgepodge, but Metro will never put utilities under ground as they really don't  care if how the neighborhood looks but rather how much money it saves NES. If the developers do not do it then Metro will not.  At some point, some of the apartment buildings built in the early 90s will be sold and come down for newer larger projects, just as the projects that were built in the 60s & 70s are coming down now. There are very few historic homes left, so Historic West End Park is sort of a joke now.

There were way too many developers in this neighborhood and Metro never required buried utilities as that would take a vote by the council I would bet.

• Like 1

17th & Grand Above the Row (7 stories, 160,000 sq. ft. office space) has landed a $13.4 million permit to begin construction with JE Dunn at the helm of the Hall Emery project. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21144652/notes-work-set-to-start-on-row-office-building

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 8.07.31 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1